Stuff to report to World team

2010 Need for Speed World
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Stuff to report to World team

Post by Bojan »

Since NFS The Run is close to release, it's time for the customary community day at EA's studios in Vancouver. I'll be visiting on Thursday and part of the agenda is also talks with the World team.

What issues, ideas and comments would you like me to relay to the team?
deadmoroz14
Ricer
Ricer

Re: Stuff to report to World team

Post by deadmoroz14 »

some questions about World:
is there any plans about game mode without traffic?
when we will have an opportunity to byu powerups using IGC?
Vimenze
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Vimenze »

I think one of the main questions would be: When will some old boost cars, become IGC. They are lacking on it a lot. They keep adding new cars but forget to put older cars to IGC.
Also when the canyons are 98% done, why not just open it so we can cruise around it, make pictures, do some pursuits there.
Adding tracks is just a matter of updating the server and we'll have more tracks.
Which also reminds me, why only a weekly update? We often get stucked with a buggy update the entire week.
Why won't they release more patch updates to keep the game stable as possible instead of just once a week?

On the side: When will we get crew-tags? It should just be an addition to the nickname itself. Shouldn't be that hard to put an option in safehouse where the crew leader clicks on "Add Member" and then type in the Drivername of the member you want to add, then once added the [TAG] will show infront or behind the name or right under licenseplate?

I'm outta ideas now =) hopefully it's ok
Fido
Stock
Stock

Post by Fido »

1. Why is tuning a car so time consuming or expensive. We need a tuning package system, for example NFS Pro-street: One can buy parts to customise it themselves or buy the package.

2.Why do you "nerf" the boost cars after a time of purchase.

3. Open the cannons, so we can assist you in developing an event for it.
User deactivated: cheating
TRAINSOUND
Ricer
Ricer

Post by TRAINSOUND »

fix the traffiс,make him like he was and reduce him,now on the road just real madness.
do something with cheating,its a shame for online game :!:
fix the bug with speed , and then reset the leaderboards.
fix the perfect start, how long it will be?
800RPM
Ricer
Ricer

Post by 800RPM »

Hello Bojan,

Here are my questions to NFS World team.

1. Is EA going to add a flag to leaderboards database to differ times shown on tracks with and without powerups? How about a flag to differ times shown on stock and not stock cars? By doing this it would bring new interests into a game. It also might be helpful when hosting events from EA side. Of course this should be done before resetting the database.

2. The speeds of newly added cars have become incredibly enormous. This brought the "wallriding" back into a game. Which in my personal opinion is spoiling the game. Is EA going to fix the "wallriding" problem once more?

3. The chat font is very inconvenient, letters can be misread easily. Will EA give an option for players to choose font for the chat? When EA is going to improve the chat in terms of comfortable usage?

Sincerely,
800RPM
Brudja
Stock
Stock

Post by Brudja »

couple of simple questions:
- when will they add the legendary PursuitAPI, capable of loading statistics from pursuits and team escapes?
- will they ever bring game masters\moderators system to the game? anticheat protection and report system are clearly insufficient measures to get rid of hackers\cheaters
- when will they fix client\server sync issues that cause players cars to go faster or slower, even when in singleplayer? (yep, the infamous speedbug)
- will they ever change 1\10 ration for new cars igc\boost?
and some of old and booooooring stuff:
- in one of Ask Marc episodes Treasure Hunt 2.0 was scheduled for the end of August 2011, is there some bug preventing me from seeing it?
- same for the new photo mode in freeroam - it was scheduled to come right after Treasure Hunt 2.0, yet it's still inaccessible for me
- [optional] ghost mode in races, that was first mentioned almost a year ago - will we ever see it?
- the winner of 'Create a track' contest will be added to game after Azlan finishes with The Run or they decided to ignore it completely?
- will they ever put detailed changelog for each patch\maintenance and keep their promises about schedule of future updates?

p.s. oh, and one more question that's bugging me lately - will we ever have a proper tech support for the game?
atm customer support is virtually useless when dealing with bugs - they keep forwarding users to forums, asking for useless screenshots, etc. heck, the day before yesterday one of my friends send them a message with couple of crashdumps attached (you know, those files that sometimes appear in Data folder after the crash) and support replied that they can't do anything with them, not even open\decrypt
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

Great job so far guys. Keep em coming, the meeting with the World team is scheduled for Thursday so there's still plenty of time.
800RPM
Ricer
Ricer

Post by 800RPM »

Hello Bojan,

One more question from me.

It's more a suggestion than a question but still I would like to ask EA about it.

There is a quick race button in the game. I suggest EA makes a filter for quick race button. This filter should be adjustable as player wants. In this filter player should be allowed to adjust various options such as day/night racing, with/no traffic, which cars would be allowed into a lobby, number of players and so on. After applying these settings quick race button should be pressed to find suitable events and players. By introducing "the filter" idea player can get into the game he wants. This way player gets more satisfaction from the game! Is EA going to introduce such "filter" idea into the game?

Sincerely,
800RPM
honke
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by honke »

From all posts i think the bad traffic is the highest on the list.
It should be reduced drastically or removed totally.

The last few months the game is more demolition derby than racing.
Because its not how good you drive anymore.
But how much luck you have with traffic and how many powerups you use
after a coalition with traffic..

Also a ghost mode would be great.
Wen somebody got a bad connection the car bugs all over the track.
If you want to pass them you get pushed in to the wall every time.
This would also resolve the ramming problem from other players..
W0lfgibkay
Stock
Stock

Post by W0lfgibkay »

I fully agree with honke, because if not, the winner would be the one who just avoids the traffic and who has the best perfect start...
User deactivated: Continues spamming about reactivation of banned account.

Return to “World”