[IMPORTANT] Uploading Correctly in the Showroom

All Showroom related news
TW1ST3R
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff
Location: Pigfarts Intergalactic School of Witchcraft and Wizardry; Mars

[IMPORTANT] Uploading Correctly in the Showroom

Post by TW1ST3R »

In order to make the work of the Showroom Moderators and Administrators a bit easier, I have created the following tutorial on how to upload to the showroom correctly. We would greatly appreciate it if you please watch this video tutorial it and refamiliarise yourself on the correct way to upload to the showroom (particularly in regard to additional images*).

Uploading on and Using NFSUnlimited.net - Youtube

This video has also been embedded on the uploading page for your convenience. I have also attached an extract from a Showroom Insider article (Issue #54) in the first comment for a text and image based tutorial experience.

In the past, some of you may have recieved this message from me in the past as a notification of a duplicate showroom entry**:
Hi [username], in future please use the "Add additional views [+]" option located underneath the picture of your upload to add additional view to your Showroom Entry, instead of uploading multiple images of the same car to the Showroom. Don't worry it's an honest mistake, I made it too with my first days on the site.
This message would be sent to your entry's comments and your profile shoutbox in past, however that has proved to be very time consuming for me and the other Showroom Moderators to deliver. Along with that we have to go and delete each duplicate entry to tidy up the showroom. This is an issue that has been cropping up in the Showroom, particularly in the Need for Speed WORLD Showroom.

I'm probably coming off to everyone as they cranky Administrator from what I've said in this post, but this is an issue relating to making the site as user-friendly as possible to both the uploaders and the viewers of entries; the absensce of duplicate entries will make it easier for users to navigate the showroom. On that topic, if you have any comments or suggestions on how to improve the showroom, please post them in our Site Revamp/Improvents - Feedback, Suggestions, Ideas, etc. forum topic.

Thank you.

- TW1ST3R

*Additional images - additional screenshots/views/images of the same car uploaded to provided a greater view of the features of the entry.

**Duplicate showroom entry - where additional screenshots/views/images of the same car are uploaded as seperate entries into the showroom instead of as 'additional views' on the first entry.
TW1ST3R
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff
Location: Pigfarts Intergalactic School of Witchcraft and Wizardry; Mars

Re: [IMPORTANT] Uploading Correctly in the Showroom

Post by TW1ST3R »

From Tuner Tips, Showroom Insider #54, Written by Rizur

When you have enough views of your car it's time to upload them to the showroom. One thing you should remember before you upload the pictures is that when you take screenshots with max graphics the size of the picture becomes huge. So before you upload your pictures set the picture size smaller, for example I take the screenshots with resolution 1680x1050 but before I upload my car I change the pixel dimensions to 1440x900. It's easier for users to observe your ride when the picture isn't so huge and you won't go over the max filesize (750 kB) so easily. (Note that uploading wallpapers is another thing)

Click the Upload button (you can find the button in any Showroom page, in your Showroom profile, from your Showroom Home and you can also upload cars by going to your garages)

Then select the game wherein you've done your car and then click 'Image' button. Now you should see a form like in the picture below. Fill it and click Upload.

Click 'View your cars' and select the car you just uploaded. Now you should see a button below the main view of your car which says 'Add additional views'. Browse for other views of your car and add the best pictures you have.

Now other users can admire your work of art and they can see all the details and colours clearly now that You know how to take good quality screenshots :)
X Destiny
Ricer
Ricer

Post by X Destiny »

THANKS!!! THANKS!!! at last a solution for those how really work in they cars, thank you so much twister,you are my hero! :wink:
TRANSFORMER
Stock
Stock

Post by TRANSFORMER »

That's truly a good Info! :roll: :) 8)

Return to “News”