Speculation: NFSU3 in 2014

The Future of Need For Speed

Re: Speculation: NFSU3 in 2014

Postby nfsf1 » 03 Jun 2013, 10:19

YaelDjiel, I didn't like NFS until U2 :mrgreen: It is a revolution of NFS series that make NFS become famous worlwide. U2 is a special game that no other game can replace it.

I'm currently playing NFSW, but don't enjoy it very much :( We can't drift or modding as we like. I'm also sick with it's un modified able control keys, and have to drive like a bot without style. Maybe I will play GTA instead, because driving and playing with cops in GTA is more fun. You can shoot,throw bombs,change cars immediately..., do almost things that you can do in real life :-D Till now, U2 is only thing that remind me what is NFS
Attachments
speed2 2013-06-02 07-36-41-48.jpg
nfsf1
Ricer
Ricer
 
Posts: 5
Joined: 29 May 2013, 10:00

Re: Speculation: NFSU3 in 2014

Postby ThunderScrambler » 04 Jun 2013, 07:28

Phantom_pain33 wrote:My question is why don't you guys play NEED FOR SPEED WORLD? , it has all the features that you guys are asking for and better yet you want that next upgrade race.drag your heart out if not spend some real money on parts simple it doesn't get any better than that.the reason why ea not make an underground 3 its because you got black box in charge of nfs world pretty much bringing everything from the underground series into one big game...do the classic fans are getting a game like nfs world ..i wish we can have a need for speed game where they take the best tracks from the classics like Hometown,Aquatica,Rocky pass..etc and then we can all just race online with cops.wait for rivals which its looking a lot like one of the best games in the series high stakes concept,paper wise.


Giving real money is rediculous.
In-game Money is way better for me.
Im not paying 20 or 40 euros all the time. It's way to expensive! :(
Image
User avatar
ThunderScrambler
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged
 
Posts: 133
Joined: 08 May 2013, 09:16
Location: Belgium

Re: Speculation: NFSU3 in 2014

Postby YaelDjiel » 07 Jun 2013, 01:10

nfsf1 wrote:YaelDjiel, I didn't like NFS until U2 :mrgreen: It is a revolution of NFS series that make NFS become famous worlwide. U2 is a special game that no other game can replace it.


You're free not to like the first 6 NFS games, but what you are saying is not fact as you seem to be so sure about.
NFS has been famous since the first game already. Especially the original Hot Pursuit was a massive hit.

I will agree that the Underground games are special (I enjoyed them very much), but they certainly are replaceable :)

My point was simply that NFS was originally not about ricing simple street cars, but it was about racing fancy exotics and be chased by the police. It just annoys me when people think the series started with Underground and that this is what NFS is about.
It's not, period.

I do want a U3 though, don't get the wrong idea :mrgreen:
Image
User avatar
YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff
 
Posts: 1829
Joined: 04 Oct 2005, 22:01
Location: Valthermond, NL

Re: Speculation: NFSU3 in 2014

Postby nfsf1 » 07 Jun 2013, 04:48

Could you say which game can replace U2 :) Thank you very much
nfsf1
Ricer
Ricer
 
Posts: 5
Joined: 29 May 2013, 10:00

Re: Speculation: NFSU3 in 2014

Postby ThunderScrambler » 07 Jun 2013, 07:43

YaelDjiel wrote:
nfsf1 wrote:YaelDjiel, I didn't like NFS until U2 :mrgreen: It is a revolution of NFS series that make NFS become famous worlwide. U2 is a special game that no other game can replace it.


You're free not to like the first 6 NFS games, but what you are saying is not fact as you seem to be so sure about.
NFS has been famous since the first game already. Especially the original Hot Pursuit was a massive hit.

I will agree that the Underground games are special (I enjoyed them very much), but they certainly are replaceable :)

My point was simply that NFS was originally not about ricing simple street cars, but it was about racing fancy exotics and be chased by the police. It just annoys me when people think the series started with Underground and that this is what NFS is about.
It's not, period.

I do want a U3 though, don't get the wrong idea :mrgreen:


Agreed.
I really don't care if there is customization or not.
I just wanna have a fun with, smashing billboards and stuff.
If EA is going to make a customization model, then i'm going for Autosculpt, not those cheap bumperkits and stuff. But highly doubt it, and im glad with that.
The only thing the tuner fans are doing right now, is trying to start a war.
User avatar
ThunderScrambler
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged
 
Posts: 133
Joined: 08 May 2013, 09:16
Location: Belgium

Re: Speculation: NFSU3 in 2014

Postby MrStalker » 08 Jun 2013, 09:53

Phantom_pain33 wrote:My question is why don't you guys play NEED FOR SPEED WORLD? , it has all the features that you guys are asking for and better yet you want that next upgrade race.drag your heart out if not spend some real money on parts simple it doesn't get any better than that.the reason why ea not make an underground 3 its because you got black box in charge of nfs world pretty much bringing everything from the underground series into one big game...do the classic fans are getting a game like nfs world ..i wish we can have a need for speed game where they take the best tracks from the classics like Hometown,Aquatica,Rocky pass..etc and then we can all just race online with cops.wait for rivals which its looking a lot like one of the best games in the series high stakes concept,paper wise.


Wrong. World is an MMO version of Most Wanted and Carbon, NOT Underground 2. In World you need to buy cars with real money (the best ones). World has no story-mode. It uses the same maps from Most Wanted and Carbon. World has NOTHING of what I'm asking for.

ThunderScrambler wrote:Agreed.
I really don't care if there is customization or not.
I just wanna have a fun with, smashing billboards and stuff.
If EA is going to make a customization model, then i'm going for Autosculpt, not those cheap bumperkits and stuff. But highly doubt it, and im glad with that.
The only thing the tuner fans are doing right now, is trying to start a war.


If that is what you want, good for you, go play NFS: Burnout, you got just what you want. The fans of the classics also has Hot Pursuit and the upcoming Rivals to be pleased about, whereas we Underground fans hasn't got anything yet since Underground 2. So we have the right to whine all we want. Who exactly are we trying to go to war with? That statement is just ridiculous.
MrStalker
Ricer
Ricer
 
Posts: 38
Joined: 17 Feb 2008, 18:31

Re: Speculation: NFSU3 in 2014

Postby ThunderScrambler » 09 Jun 2013, 09:38

OK, maybe the statement is rediculous, but i know why the customizing hasn't been here for a while.
The point is, there are currently 4 Developers that are in charge.
Thats why EA Blackbox hasn't been there for a long time, but one thing is for sure:
EA Blackbox is going to make it's comeback and the tuner fans are going to be happy for a long time,
because Ghost Games, SMS, Criterion Games are not in charge for the tuning. :wink:
Image
User avatar
ThunderScrambler
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged
 
Posts: 133
Joined: 08 May 2013, 09:16
Location: Belgium

Re: Speculation: NFSU3 in 2014

Postby HungryManticore » 09 Jun 2013, 11:56

... You do realize that Black Box was closed some time ago, right? Its former members were hired in Quicklime Games for a short period of time to work on NFS World, but that studio also has been closed recently.

As for SMS, they don't work for EA anymore. They are currently developing their own game - Project CARS.
HungryManticore
Ricer
Ricer
 
Posts: 8
Joined: 30 May 2013, 16:56

Re: Speculation: NFSU3 in 2014

Postby MrStalker » 09 Jun 2013, 14:06

... and Criterion is solely responsible for the NFS series last time I checked. I highly doubt Black Box will make a comeback since they are effectively shut down. Get your facts straight.
MrStalker
Ricer
Ricer
 
Posts: 38
Joined: 17 Feb 2008, 18:31

Re: Speculation: NFSU3 in 2014

Postby ThunderScrambler » 09 Jun 2013, 16:06

Oh jee i'm tired of this.
I didn't knew that... . Look, i am a 11 years old and i don't want any madness, so lets just say:
"We have different opinions.".
Image
User avatar
ThunderScrambler
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged
 
Posts: 133
Joined: 08 May 2013, 09:16
Location: Belgium

Re: Speculation: NFSU3 in 2014

Postby Phantom_pain33 » 09 Jun 2013, 16:55

ThunderScrambler wrote:OK, maybe the statement is rediculous, but i know why the customizing hasn't been here for a while.
The point is, there are currently 4 Developers that are in charge.
Thats why EA Blackbox hasn't been there for a long time, but one thing is for sure:
EA Blackbox is going to make it's comeback and the tuner fans are going to be happy for a long time,
because Ghost Games, SMS, Criterion Games are not in charge for the tuning. :wink:


The tuning/ricing/customization era its done for EA. you have criterion supervising the nfs series now why because hot pursuit proved to be a hit in EA pockets so off course they goona go for it and keep criterion at the helm of the series..EA did an experiment to see what type of racing will fill their pockets on one side they decided to do two of nfs games a real simulation model and action driving models as you can see at that time ea pretty much acquired two new studios criterion and slight mad studios as you can see based on the sales,awards and profits ea decided that criterion was goona have the keys to need for speed therefore end up being outta of the picture,they gave black box a second chance with the run and they mess it up ,the run had the elements of a true nfs game but the quality and design failed so black box was closed down.

So guys get your facts straight before you comment..me and others have being playing the first nfs when we were your age we saw the golden age and the downfall of the series.
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King
 
Posts: 531
Joined: 19 Jul 2012, 19:16

Re: Speculation: NFSU3 in 2014

Postby Hydro_PT » 09 Jun 2013, 19:03

Phantom_pain33 wrote: ... so black box was closed down.


Phantom_pain33 wrote: So guys get your facts straight before you comment..


Black Box wasn't closed down. :D
User avatar
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff
 
Posts: 1494
Joined: 15 Nov 2007, 02:22
Location: Braga, Portugal

Re: Speculation: NFSU3 in 2014

Postby ThunderScrambler » 09 Jun 2013, 19:31

wait, what? :-s
Image
User avatar
ThunderScrambler
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged
 
Posts: 133
Joined: 08 May 2013, 09:16
Location: Belgium

Re: Speculation: NFSU3 in 2014

Postby Phantom_pain33 » 09 Jun 2013, 23:20

Hydro_PT wrote:
Phantom_pain33 wrote: ... so black box was closed down.


Phantom_pain33 wrote: So guys get your facts straight before you comment..


Black Box wasn't closed down. :D


Hydro I'm not referring to veterans,I'm referring to the younger audience who never got to play the classics or saw the birth of need for speed..as for black box I read it was closed down due to the failure of the run in terms of numbers.
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King
 
Posts: 531
Joined: 19 Jul 2012, 19:16

Re: Speculation: NFSU3 in 2014

Postby Hydro_PT » 10 Jun 2013, 02:15

Nope, Black Box has not closed down. Some members of the team were fired/moved to other studios (in EA's words, "restructuring"), but the studio itself keeps developing NFS: World. :)

So the "guys get your facts straight" also applies to you. :D :D
User avatar
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff
 
Posts: 1494
Joined: 15 Nov 2007, 02:22
Location: Braga, Portugal

Re: Speculation: NFSU3 in 2014

Postby Phantom_pain33 » 10 Jun 2013, 03:18

Hydro_PT wrote:Nope, Black Box has not closed down. Some members of the team were fired/moved to other studios (in EA's words, "restructuring"), but the studio itself keeps developing NFS: World. :)

So the "guys get your facts straight" also applies to you. :D :D


I guess it end up applying to me too..we all learn something new each day..thanks for making it clear.
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King
 
Posts: 531
Joined: 19 Jul 2012, 19:16

Re: Speculation: NFSU3 in 2014

Postby ThunderScrambler » 10 Jun 2013, 07:30

O jee, i hope it's clear now! :)
Image
User avatar
ThunderScrambler
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged
 
Posts: 133
Joined: 08 May 2013, 09:16
Location: Belgium

Re: Speculation: NFSU3 in 2014

Postby MrStalker » 10 Jun 2013, 10:46

Hydro_PT wrote:Nope, Black Box has not closed down. Some members of the team were fired/moved to other studios (in EA's words, "restructuring"), but the studio itself keeps developing NFS: World. :)

So the "guys get your facts straight" also applies to you. :D :D


I said "effectively shut down". They've been restructured towards online, free2play and social (read: facebook) games. The Black Box as we know it from their peak in 2004-2005 is dead. So the same conclusion still applies: It highly unlikely that Black Box will release a new proper Need for Speed title in 2014.
MrStalker
Ricer
Ricer
 
Posts: 38
Joined: 17 Feb 2008, 18:31

Re: Speculation: NFSU3 in 2014

Postby Phantom_pain33 » 10 Jun 2013, 16:12

MrStalker wrote:
Hydro_PT wrote:Nope, Black Box has not closed down. Some members of the team were fired/moved to other studios (in EA's words, "restructuring"), but the studio itself keeps developing NFS: World. :)

So the "guys get your facts straight" also applies to you. :D :D


I said "effectively shut down". They've been restructured towards online, free2play and social (read: facebook) games. The Black Box as we know it from their peak in 2004-2005 is dead. So the same conclusion still applies: It highly unlikely that Black Box will release a new proper Need for Speed title in 2014.


The black box that you knew or what you barely knew?, the black box i knew that was at their peak was Ea Canada ,the original EA studio that decided to make or create the need for speed.there's a reason why most wanted among the franchise spinoffs was the most successful its because the people that worked on games like nfs 3,4 hot pursuit 2 and Porsche unleashed were active at that time and at their peak and also criterion holds the keys to need for speed on consoles now, they already said it they gonna supervised and overlook every need for speed game that comes out and you know how they trashed most wanted in terms of the tuning and customization or how they even called Honda's eco-hatchbacks..the intro to nfs high stake a classic you see an exotic car running over of what looks like a Honda hatchback , the Honda literally stops and let all of the other exotic pass by at full speed leaving him in the dust and guess who created this game the team that worked in the ug series and most wanted what was left of Ea Canada .some of them are working exclusively on need for speed world even tho some of the key members worked or help with the development of the run.
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King
 
Posts: 531
Joined: 19 Jul 2012, 19:16

Re: Speculation: NFSU3 in 2014

Postby Hydro_PT » 11 Jun 2013, 18:49

MrStalker wrote:
Hydro_PT wrote:Nope, Black Box has not closed down. Some members of the team were fired/moved to other studios (in EA's words, "restructuring"), but the studio itself keeps developing NFS: World. :)

So the "guys get your facts straight" also applies to you. :D :D


I said "effectively shut down". They've been restructured towards online, free2play and social (read: facebook) games. The Black Box as we know it from their peak in 2004-2005 is dead. So the same conclusion still applies: It highly unlikely that Black Box will release a new proper Need for Speed title in 2014.


That's not really the point of this thread, but if you insist... I wasn't even quoting you.

EA BlackBox, the studio, was NOT shut down. It still exists. It was restructured after The Run, they are focused on World now, and other free-to-play games or Facebook stuff. But the studio is there. It doesn't matter if it has or not the employees from 2004 or whatever year, but the studio itself still exists.

I do agree that it is very unlikely that Black Box will get another chance at developing a new NFS game. But to say that the studio was shut down is simply false. If you want to point out to other users that they should get their facts straight, then do the same, that's my advice. ;)
User avatar
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff
 
Posts: 1494
Joined: 15 Nov 2007, 02:22
Location: Braga, Portugal

Re: Speculation: NFSU3 in 2014

Postby Phantom_pain33 » 12 Jun 2013, 05:29

Hydro_PT wrote:
MrStalker wrote:
Hydro_PT wrote:Nope, Black Box has not closed down. Some members of the team were fired/moved to other studios (in EA's words, "restructuring"), but the studio itself keeps developing NFS: World. :)

So the "guys get your facts straight" also applies to you. :D :D


I said "effectively shut down". They've been restructured towards online, free2play and social (read: facebook) games. The Black Box as we know it from their peak in 2004-2005 is dead. So the same conclusion still applies: It highly unlikely that Black Box will release a new proper Need for Speed title in 2014.


That's not really the point of this thread, but if you insist... I wasn't even quoting you.

EA BlackBox, the studio, was NOT shut down. It still exists. It was restructured after The Run, they are focused on World now, and other free-to-play games or Facebook stuff. But the studio is there. It doesn't matter if it has or not the employees from 2004 or whatever year, but the studio itself still exists.



I do agree that it is very unlikely that Black Box will get another chance at developing a new NFS game. But to say that the studio was shut down is simply false. If you want to point out to other users that they should get their facts straight, then do the same, that's my advice. ;)


Hydro im kinda confused... :? but i think i accepted the fact that i was wrong ,when you replied to me as i was the one that said get the facts straight sentence..so who are you aiming this time?
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King
 
Posts: 531
Joined: 19 Jul 2012, 19:16

Re: Speculation: NFSU3 in 2014

Postby MrStalker » 12 Jun 2013, 17:33

Phantom_pain33 wrote:The black box that you knew or what you barely knew?, the black box i knew that was at their peak was Ea Canada ,the original EA studio that decided to make or create the need for speed.there's a reason why most wanted among the franchise spinoffs was the most successful its because the people that worked on games like nfs 3,4 hot pursuit 2 and Porsche unleashed were active at that time and at their peak and also criterion holds the keys to need for speed on consoles now, they already said it they gonna supervised and overlook every need for speed game that comes out and you know how they trashed most wanted in terms of the tuning and customization or how they even called Honda's eco-hatchbacks..the intro to nfs high stake a classic you see an exotic car running over of what looks like a Honda hatchback , the Honda literally stops and let all of the other exotic pass by at full speed leaving him in the dust and guess who created this game the team that worked in the ug series and most wanted what was left of Ea Canada .some of them are working exclusively on need for speed world even tho some of the key members worked or help with the development of the run.


Yeah I can barely read that but I don't see what your point is...

Hydro_PT wrote:That's not really the point of this thread, but if you insist... I wasn't even quoting you.

EA BlackBox, the studio, was NOT shut down. It still exists. It was restructured after The Run, they are focused on World now, and other free-to-play games or Facebook stuff. But the studio is there. It doesn't matter if it has or not the employees from 2004 or whatever year, but the studio itself still exists.

I do agree that it is very unlikely that Black Box will get another chance at developing a new NFS game. But to say that the studio was shut down is simply false. If you want to point out to other users that they should get their facts straight, then do the same, that's my advice. ;)


I did NOT say they were shut down, I said "effectively" as in "they might as well have been because it's not the same studio anymore". My facts are straight.
MrStalker
Ricer
Ricer
 
Posts: 38
Joined: 17 Feb 2008, 18:31

Re: Speculation: NFSU3 in 2014

Postby Hydro_PT » 15 Jun 2013, 12:31

@phantom: that post wasn't for you, it was for MrStalker. :)

@MrStalker: :lol:
User avatar
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff
 
Posts: 1494
Joined: 15 Nov 2007, 02:22
Location: Braga, Portugal

Re: Speculation: NFSU3 in 2014

Postby Phantom_pain33 » 15 Jun 2013, 19:15

Hydro_PT wrote:@phantom: that post wasn't for you, it was for MrStalker. :)

@MrStalker: :lol:


Alright its all cool ^_^ :lol:
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King
 
Posts: 531
Joined: 19 Jul 2012, 19:16

Re: Speculation: NFSU3 in 2014

Postby mass45 » 20 Jun 2013, 11:09

Spark new interest in underground street sport with a replacement moving-picture show, very similar to the initial The quick and therefore the Furious did, then unleash a replacement Underground game.... =D>
----------------
mass45
Stock
Stock
 
Posts: 1
Joined: 20 Jun 2013, 11:03

PreviousNext

Return to NFS 2016

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

cron