creating a personlied number plate... is it possible

Discuss editing Need for Speed Underground 2.
Windsor
Ricer
Ricer

creating a personlied number plate... is it possible

Post by Windsor »

is it possible to change my no. plates to read sumthin like "WINDSOR" instead of the dull "UNRGND" wateva it is

I hope that is one change to NFS underground 2 when it comes out....???

ANY HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

I highly doubt so after seeing all the screenshots... Still don't get why EA disallow us to do that....
VPNeverLoser
Drift King
Drift King

Post by VPNeverLoser »

anyone know the game "Project Gotham Racing 2?" Well you can write anything you want on it :wink: I have the game for XBox, i dont think there is one for PC though. My license plate says VP btw :D
Windsor
Ricer
Ricer

even the older need for speeds used p plates

Post by Windsor »

yeah i heard of project gothem.. never played it though... i think it was need for speed hot pursuit 1 and 2... maybe even porsche 2000... can't remember.. but i know one of the older versions.. What ever the player name was was automatically put on the plates... but i thik personilised plated would be more important in a game like underground then hot pursuit....
Sweeper
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Sweeper »

We searched high and low for a such solution because we wanted the plates to have either RedSuns or our nicknames.
Seeing as that was impossible after a while, we are currently researching how to put the tag on the rear quarter panels.
ViperJay
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ViperJay »

I'd like to change that plate too, but still haven't found nothing to do it...
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Well in High Stakes, we're able to do that... Why can't UG2? Pretty awkward... Image
peachferrari
Stock
Stock

Post by peachferrari »

Yeah, in HS (NFS4) it will put your profile name on the plate. Wish you could change it in UG
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

You can even put digits if you want to, so as to make it like a REAL car that we usually drive in...
SRDragoon20
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by SRDragoon20 »

well there is a hiden folder called PLATES but i cant open the .bin file if someone can open them tell me
Kamikazi_Kate
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Kamikazi_Kate »

Who knows it might be possible if you could find a way to extract the texture file for the plate, edit it and then somehow got it back into the game file.

I know its possible to do that with other games, but Im not sure if it will work or not as I have not tried it myself. it's just a thought.

If you find out how, let me know as I already know what my plate is going to say.
Kid Cro
Banned

Bin text

Post by Kid Cro »

Maybe you can open it with bintext!
User deactivated: Habitual rule breaking; Abject lack of respect for the community.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Posted: Mon 01 Nov, 2004

WOW!!
Dragon-of-Rune
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Dragon-of-Rune »

You can't use bintex to open nfsu2 .bin file's that only works with nfs1 .bin file's so you can change the layout and the text in nfsu1 (i think i am not sure i didn't test it) but not in nfsu2 because if that was the case we would have made some custom vinyls for the game to
Kid Cro
Banned

Sorry!

Post by Kid Cro »

Thenn I hope that will come out program that will alowe us to do same things like in NFSU1
User deactivated: Habitual rule breaking; Abject lack of respect for the community.
Dragon-of-Rune
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Dragon-of-Rune »

Maybe EA would be so kind to do that for use when they release NFS MW so some people still can have some fun with NFS U2
Kid Cro
Banned

I Dont think so!

Post by Kid Cro »

I Dont thin that they will do that becouse when they release the game they start to work on next part or start doing trainers or mods for last game!
Dragon-of-Rune
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Dragon-of-Rune »

nfs series doesn't have add-ons or mods and EA doesn't make trainers for old games, i don't know if ea made trainers at all
ViperGT
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ViperGT »

I don't know why they wouldn't have done that because Underground people really love custom plates and it's just not fair
Kid Cro
Banned

Why!

Post by Kid Cro »

If they put all ours ideas in one game thenn will be no next series it will be no ideas to make next part if you know what I mean! They do like this put some things in one game then sell the game and make money (They will make the same money if they put all ideas in game) thenn put some new things in game and sell it AND GET DOUBLE MONEY! LOGIC!
nfsu2_mad_bk
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Re: Why!

Post by nfsu2_mad_bk »

Kid cro wrote:If they put all ours ideas in one game thenn will be no next series it will be no ideas to make next part if you know what I mean! They do like this put some things in one game then sell the game and make money (They will make the same money if they put all ideas in game) thenn put some new things in game and sell it AND GET DOUBLE MONEY! LOGIC!
Plus there will be better technology to play the with and make it i think.
wiseguy_06
Ricer
Ricer

Post by wiseguy_06 »

well for nfsu1, and i assume 2 when someone brings out a dds extractor, you can rename the plates folder to something else, then make a vinyl that has a word/numbers where the plate would normally cover. does that make sense?
Dragon-of-Rune
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Dragon-of-Rune »

You need a program to extract the .DDS file from the .BIN then edit it in photoshop and import it back to the .BIN file. But there isn't a program for NFSU2 yet
thunderbolt
Drift King
Drift King

Post by thunderbolt »

but there really is no point in doing that is there? you can only really see the change yourself. if you go online, noone can really see what you've changed.
wiseguy_06
Ricer
Ricer

Post by wiseguy_06 »

yeah but you cant take the dds out of the bin in nfsu1 cos its not a txture

Return to “Editing”