need help with my life !!!

The lightly moderated completely off topic board with where the usual posting restrictions do not apply. Forum games welcome. There's a catch though: your post count will not increase.
xXx
Drift King
Drift King

need help with my life !!!

Post by xXx »

I hav a question to ask..... I m actually a disabled guy( not lying) with just one arm...... my right arm and both my legs are disabled......
I wanted to ask if I can drive a car or modify a car to fit my condition...
I felt really upset sometimes when I see my friends with their cars & me couln't drive. Please reply to my question & give me suggestion on what I can do..... I m really depressed..... :(
Thanx...
Z-Racing
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Z-Racing »

Real car or in game :?: :?: :twisted:
Golf Ball
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Golf Ball »

Hey Z How the hell could the guy be disabled in the game??? :lol: Does your Porsche Driver actually get out and walk around like in GTA3? :lol: XXX There is a way and that's by getting a company to custom build it. Your car that is to suite your needs..... Z you crack me up!!! :lol:
viper_gts
Drift King
Drift King

Re: need help with my life !!!

Post by viper_gts »

xXx wrote:I hav a question to ask..... I m actually a disabled guy( not lying) with just one arm...... my right arm and both my legs are disabled......
I wanted to ask if I can drive a car or modify a car to fit my condition...
I felt really upset sometimes when I see my friends with their cars & me couln't drive. Please reply to my question & give me suggestion on what I can do..... I m really depressed..... :(
Thanx...
Hi xXx, later tonite or maybe 2moro, i'll have a look around the web and see what i can come up with for you :wink:
xXx
Drift King
Drift King

Post by xXx »

I mean in real life..... I m really disabled..... & I really wanted to drive a car.....
And to viper_gts, thanx for your consideration in helping me.....
At least I still have some hope left..... :wink:
Z-Racing
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Z-Racing »

OK now that we have this clear... :D Golf ball, yes my Porsche driver does get out of the car but he's not walking, actually running from the cops...LOL :P

xXx like Viper was saying there are a multitude of companies out there that do modify production cars for the disabled. When I was younger there was a gentleman that used to park at a place that I used to work, I used to be a valet, and he had his car modified with hand controls, one lever for gas and brake and the steering wheel of course. Now your situation appears quite unique, yet with the development of technology today this shoud be something that can be achieved. You see when I was valeting cars it was 82'-87', so you see things have had a long time to progress. Good luck and keep your spirits high, for hope may be all we have at times... 8) :twisted:
xXx
Drift King
Drift King

Post by xXx »

thanx Z-Racing, for the information..... & I m sure gonna keep my spirits high..... :wink:
Rogue
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Rogue »

Hey xXx, what country are you from???

Reason I ask is that over here I had a mate for ages who had a disability whereby he needed a special set of shoes with rods going up his legs and had to walk with crutches all the time otherwise he was unable to go anywhere. His vehicle had been heavily modifies so that he ws able to drive where ever he wanted. Have U tried talking to the local goverment license group who issue car rego's and drivers licenses. Over here the are a valuable resource on who to contact about getting your vehicles modified. Give it a go, someone there must be able to help ya.

Good luck... :)
Koffy
Professional
Professional

Post by Koffy »

I've seen on TV a company which modifies cars for persons with their legs disabled, using a stickwith one arm to accelerate, brake and go backwards, and with the other to turn the wheel.

I don't think you could drive that kind of car with only one arm, but with the cruise control system included in some modern cars, you could pssibly find some kind of combination which could fit your condition.
viper_gts
Drift King
Drift King

Post by viper_gts »

i've contacted some manufacturers, i'm just waitng on them getting back to me. probaly won't be til monday :wink:
xXx
Drift King
Drift King

Post by xXx »

I had a mate for ages who had a disability whereby he needed a special set of shoes with rods going up his legs and had to walk with crutches all the time otherwise he was unable to go anywhere
I m from Malaysia.....
The problem with my legs are that they are just too small to fit in any shoes....., so even the best set of shoes wouldn't help.....
So I m wondering if I could just modify a car to provide me with better mobility.....
I don't think the government here will approve any kind of license that uses one arm to drive a car, but I'll try to issue them & see what I can come up with..... If not, I will have to import modified cars from other countries.....(which could be a complicated tasks)
By the way, thanx to Rogue, Koffy and viper_gts who had given me the informations & advices that I needed...... :wink:
Rogue
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Rogue »

xXx, no probs...ppl are always happy to help around here. The issue of shoes was just the example of a friend of mine, in your case it should be possible to modify the size of foot pedals to suit your needs. In terms of only having one arm try contacting them to see their specifications and let us know how ya get on...
Koffy
Professional
Professional

Post by Koffy »

Rogue is right there are many posibilities for modifiing cars. Look at those twins which appear in the GuinessRecords. They are less than one meter tall and drive a normal big american car, so there are no limitations for modifing cars to fit you I think.
xXx
Drift King
Drift King

Post by xXx »

Rogue wrote:xXx, no probs...try contacting them to see their specifications and let us know how ya get on...
I will sure do..... as soon as I got the information needed...... :wink:
Thanx for the advise, Rogue & Koffy... :)
Rogue
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Rogue »

xXx, I am sure that the others would agree with me in saying that there is no need to thank us for the advice we do offer. It's ppl like you that actually give the rest of us inspiration as you have a disability in the form of an arm missing etc; and aren't willing to let it stop you from reaching your achievements. Although I work over in Australia with ppl that have an intellectual disability I feel quite limited in the help I can offer. For this reason I have mentioned your situation on the general topic forum at NFS_Racer that I regularly post, in the hope of reaching more ppl than those that visit this site alone. I hope that you don't mind as there is no intention to offend but rather to hopefully aid in the information that you need. You can see what I have written by clicking the below link:

http://www.nfs-racer.4players.de:1054/p ... &forum=6&0

Best of luck with your ambitions.....Rogue.
xXx
Drift King
Drift King

Post by xXx »

Rogue, I really dunno how to show my appreciation on your effort & kindness to help me..... but I really really thank you cause your moral support really touched my heart.....
Thanx..... :wink:
May GOD bless YOU.....& everyone who helped me.....
viper_gts
Drift King
Drift King

Post by viper_gts »

i've had no reply yet from the manufacturers i emailed......it's as if there just treating these types of emails as a joke which is just plain ignorant :evil: , but while i'm out and about this week........i'll pop into some manufacturers show rooms (there's quite a few where i live), that way they'll have to answer me :wink:
Rogue
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Rogue »

Hey xXx, it's the least I can do...

viper_gts, thanks fr the help by looking for modification groups down your way...your dedication to others sure the hell shows that ya gonna make a real good moderator and role model for the nfs unlimited site.

xXx, just been skimming through the malay yahoo site and have come up with a few sites which you may wish to contact in relation to your enquiry about vehicle modification. I ain't sure how good they'd be and don't want to get your hopes up but maybe they'll be able to put you in the right direction...:

http://ysis.org.my/branches_svcs.htm
http://www.sirim.my/
http://www.sdc.com.my/courses.htm

As mentioned previously I ain't sure of what they can do but might direct you elsewhere. Just try a generalised search of the site I used, some of them I couldn't read so didn't post the link. Anyways, it's gotta be of some help I hope because the more you e-mail then the more likely you are to find out about the car modifications you previously mentioned. I would still contact the department over there which is resposible for vehicle registration which should know of a few places. There's nothing to lose, they's be able to help you also with the other information you want. Do yourself a favor and walk in, I'm sure that you will find they are very much willing to help with your enquiries.

By the way, the link on nfs_racer received five hits last night but unfortunately as of yet, noone is able to help with knowledge of ppl to contact in Malay.....maybe your one of the only from there that enjoys nfs???
xXx
Drift King
Drift King

Post by xXx »

viper_gts wrote:i've had no reply yet from the manufacturers i emailed......it's as if there just treating these types of emails as a joke which is just plain ignorant :evil: ,
I happen to have the same problem..., I send a mail over to the Road Transport Department over here in Malaysia but no reply came back... :evil: It's annoying to me cause they must be thinking it is some kind of joke or spam..... but anyways, viper_gts... thanx...
Rogue wrote:As mentioned previously I ain't sure of what they can do but might direct you elsewhere. Just try a generalised search of the site I used, some of them I couldn't read so didn't post the link. Anyways, it's gotta be of some help I hope because the more you e-mail then the more likely you are to find out about the car modifications you previously mentioned. I would still contact the department over there which is resposible for vehicle registration which should know of a few places. There's nothing to lose, they's be able to help you also with the other information you want. Do yourself a favor and walk in, I'm sure that you will find they are very much willing to help with your enquiries.

By the way, the link on nfs_racer received five hits last night but unfortunately as of yet, noone is able to help with knowledge of ppl to contact in Malay.....maybe your one of the only from there that enjoys nfs???
The sites that you posted here sure is helpful & they do link to informations I needed....., but I don't think I m gonna e-mail them, cause most of them wouldn't reply... but instead I will call them & see what they got to say..... then I will post the results here maybe tomorrow or so.....
About the nfs_racer thread, don't worry bout it cause you are already a big help to me..... :wink:
And bout the nfs thing, quite a lot here that enjoy nfs but I don't think they know much bout cars modifications...(except in the game)
viper_gts
Drift King
Drift King

Post by viper_gts »

thx rogue :)

good news, i finally got an email back from vauxhall..........who gave me a contact for there mobility side. i will phone the contact as soon as i can :)
xXx
Drift King
Drift King

Post by xXx »

As I was checking my mail, I noticed that my mail is finally replied by a person in charge..... & he said to give him a call if I needed further informations,..... so I will try to contact him tomorrow & ask for more informations..... :wink:
Rogue
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Rogue »

Well done guys, let us know how ya get on xXx??
xXx
Drift King
Drift King

Post by xXx »

Sure, Rogue..... but right now I m down with a flu & fever..... so I couldn't contact them yet..... :(
I will contact them when I m feeling better(*sneeze*).....
And I will let you all know my progress by then..... :wink:
Rogue
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Rogue »

Yeah, no rush man just take care of yourself..
xXx
Drift King
Drift King

Post by xXx »

First of all..., I wanted to apologize for the late reply.....
I have been busy for a few days with some work & could hardly find any time to post messages..... Sorry... :oops:

I have contacted with the person... & now I have to get an approval from some doctors b4 I can actually get to drive..... IF the doctors approved my condition..... (I wonder why there is so much trouble for me just to drive... :? )
But anyway... I will get on with you all when it's done...

By the way... I missed you all..... :wink:

Return to “Can of Spam”