Car tuning help needed. (CAR EXPERTS ONLY PLEASE)

Ask and answer questions about Need for Speed Most Underground 2.
Be sure to search first!
ichijin
Stock
Stock

Car tuning help needed. (CAR EXPERTS ONLY PLEASE)

Post by ichijin »

I am pretty sure the 3000GT should be faster than the eclipse, but after playing with the gearing, ecu, turbo, etc I can only get my 3000GT's top speed to 216MPH (0-60 2.92, 0-100 8.00). I can get the eclipse up to 222MPH (0-60 2.54, 0-100 7.29). I have all stage 3 parts on both, 10 star visual ratings (which probably dont count for anything other than the aerodynaic affects), etc.

My drive train is set for acceleration (more toward accel) but even moving it toward top speed only lowers the actual top speed. I have the ECU and Turbo set to give low RPM's at the first few steps, and starting around the 4th step (4000RPM) and I try to keep it maxed from the 4th step to the end. This seems to have good results so far.

Any help is appreciated. If I need to post more settings I will.
bam_bam
Drift King
Drift King

TUNING

Post by bam_bam »

I CAN HELP YOU
darkriff
Stock
Stock

Post by darkriff »

What game are you playing? NFSU or NFSU2?
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Darkriff, are you spamming? The Mitsubishi 3000GT is in NFSU2, while the Eclipse is in both NFSU & NFSU2. Oh, and BTW, what's your solution bam_bam? Don't just say you can help, prove it! ;)
bam_bam
Drift King
Drift King

tuning

Post by bam_bam »

its simple , when you do the dyno run you have to look at the power and tourque and work out at which rpm it begins to drop . You then increase the power on the ecu at about 6 thousand revs upwards , You want as much power at seven , eight , nine and ten thousand revs , dont worry about five thousand down wards do much . Do the same with the turbo . I will also suggest giving your car hard suspension and set the brakes differental to the front , but leave a bit at the back .
bam_bam

p.s , thanx for your help on my is300 andre , im still working on the site but at the moment i have been busy .
Graf_Orlok
Stock
Stock

Post by Graf_Orlok »

For the 3000GT enter the dyno and tune it for street X races. Then enter the tune settings mode and tune the ECU starting from the end (9k-10k rpm) till you reach out 2k-3k rpm at full torque.This should give you a much higher torque at 4,650rpm and a slight higher power at 8,450rpm. Then go to the drivetrain settings and move the final drive ratio by four clicks towards top acceleration, dynorunning your car every four clicks till you get the highest top speed with the best 0-60 and 0-100 time. Then go again to the drivetrain settings and adjust the 1st gear at minimum, 2nd gear at least 100km/h(60mph) and the rest to form a straight diagonal line from 1st to 6th gear. Dynorun it and I hope this will fit your needs for speed ;-)...

I forgot to mention...don't touch the turbo for this car, it's OK. :D
bam_bam
Drift King
Drift King

he is right

Post by bam_bam »

Dude , that is the way to do it . les paul dude do u wanna jion my crew ?
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

If The Eclipse Has Uniques Or If Is Tuned Better Than The 3000Gt It Will Be Faster
You Could Just Have Thought Wrong
sikkracer
Ricer
Ricer

Post by sikkracer »

im ranked 13 in the boards i pretty sure im a good tuner and im gonna tell you that the 3000 gt is not faster than the eclipse simply caz the eclpise can push more hp and tourqe and handles better but all you gotta do to get more horse and tourque is mess with your turbo and ecu

heres something that might give you extra horeses

go to your ecu and put ure 6th bar all the way down and look at how many horeses u had and how many u got now den go to rue turbo and but the 4th all the way down

Return to “Help & Support”