New one..

Come here to discuss game related movies/production.
zak
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

New one..

Post by zak »

Hey all, got a new movie but again its big.. sorry I just dont do "small"
250 meg in size, full of eyecandy..

I have no-where to host it, and im guessing that its too big for UMP to host :(

anyone have a host that I can use..

A would love you guys to see it :)

Cheers

Zak
Sp3aK
UMP Owner
UMP Owner

Post by Sp3aK »

Yeah thats definately too large for our taste. I'd like to see it, if I happen to think of a hosting solution I'll let you know.
zak
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by zak »

Well here is the link...to the smaller version..
90 meg!, better than 250 at least.. :)

http://www.zorjamm.plus.com/zak_nfsu2.rar

Please enjoy and feel free to leave any comments

-zak
Stereo
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Stereo »

lol I have my own site and I can host like a 1 GB movie on it lol. Not just one, but at least 5... :shock:
Sp3aK
UMP Owner
UMP Owner

Post by Sp3aK »

Very nicely done. It could have done without the "effect" during some portions of the movie but it was good. Maybe make it a bit longer since you had alot of premade footage in it. But all in all two thumbs up.
Stereo
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Stereo »

I loved it! VERY PROFESSIONAL! THE BEST ONE EVER! (i wish there were thumbs-up smileys, i could have done a million of them, which would be spam, lol!)
zak
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by zak »

thanks chaps!, I hope to do some more soon...

Still got that NFSU1 Movie I did ages ago.. but she weighs in at 250 meg!.. so Guess thats out the question :)

Speak! Pls get some more diskspace so eyecandy guru's can host bigger and better :) gawwwwwn!

Happy new year!
Sp3aK
UMP Owner
UMP Owner

Post by Sp3aK »

I have an unlimited amount of diskspace, thats not the issue. It just takes a long time with this DSL to upload, and beyond that no one is going to download a video thats near or more than 100mb. Plus 250mb is WAY too big for a 3:30 long video. Compress it, or do half-size as far as resolution goes.

I do ALL my videos with Windows Movie Maker and record at 400x300, no one seems to complain too much about it. It could be bigger but I think that people like that they are quick downloads for decent 5min videos.
zak
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by zak »

Well, I agree with you but the same time I dont, It really depends on your target audience, see for me, I use Premiere and with this, its hard to have somthing that you can just throw out realy quick in the same format as yours, granted, WMM can do that justice as its a free programm and was designed for movies for email, but prem well its just a pro editing package. - So far, 338 People have downloaded the movie, and Im sure it would of been more if I fixed my crazy domain :)

I think people do get afraid of the file size, but at the end of the day, its up to them, Id rather have quality video and less hits, than poor quality and more hits..you see. But then Im a Artist so I would say that...as quality is ov first choice.

So My next movie, maybe you can let me host it? just as a trial? for upload, I have 2 MB upload speed, so I can do it if you want if thats your gripe..... :)
Sp3aK
UMP Owner
UMP Owner

Post by Sp3aK »

Well it would seem your knocking my videos. I hope your not getting at the fact that they are low quality.

Year Ender, around 750 downloads.
Here It Is, around 2,000
Distance, 200
Suprax, 600

I could go on, as well as list some of the authors that have had big hits, UrQuattro being the main one. Who for a while did use WMM and had several hit videos. Rally Championship with 3,000 , etc.

It's about making it simple for the audience and looking at the big picture. I have a life that requires much of my time and my amount of time on the computer doing anything has drastically gone down in the past couple months. The same for UrQuattro and GT3x24x7. The simple fact is we do this for fun, and we don't feel its right to bother people with enourmous downloads for something that in the end isn't really too amazing. In the beginning I was making a video a week, or more, now its been several months since Ive even had Fraps open(prior to my latest video of course), and I'd expect it to be another month before I release something else.

Simple fact is I don't want to or need to do this in any sort of professional aspect because I have more important things(college) that I should like to focus my talentts(pff), and abilities on. Byeond that I've been extremely satisfied with the way the site has gone. Anyone that creates anything can call themselves an artist, I choose to call myself a gamer.
zak
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by zak »

Applied brakes!, I wasnt knocking you in any way shape or form, little bit of a misunderstanding there, I was stating about the WWM format in General is low quality, like all the videos for UMP, but not the actual footage.

I also do this for fun, so Ok, im a games artist in real life, but this is still a gamers video full with eyecandy and frilly bits. - I also have no need to do it, but the fact remains, if I invest my time to produce a movie for myself, Id rather it be high quality, that is personal to me as I explained earlier, but if Hits is what you want then fair enough, but I would personally prefer less hits and have better quality. - so was asking you in this instance to make a acception for this as it doesnt affect you in any way.

Its just so I can share my movies, just like anyone else if they choose to wait that lil bit longer for download, then its there choice.

so dont think im mocking you or your work becasue Im clearly NOT, I didnt care too much about your statistics, or anyone elses as I can see that for myself, unless your earning money from it Stats dont impress me, good gaming videos do though.

thats it.
Stereo
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Stereo »

Link doesn't work anymore! :cry: :cry:
T-man
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by T-man »

Get that link workin! I wanne see it.
Fishwhiz