NFS:U fulll version!!

2003 Need for Speed Underground
nfs_rocks
Ricer
Ricer

NFS:U fulll version!!

Post by nfs_rocks »

orite!! guys ... the game is in stores and every NFS fan has a copy of the game (i got it :D ) ... share ur views abt the full retail version... i played and i say ... ITS THE BEST DRIVING GAME IN THE MARKET ... it just rocks!!!! ..... totally awesome!!!!
Rogue
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Rogue »

Were still waiting for its release over here in Australia, will have to settle with downloading the demo for now....damn!!
Arayan
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Arayan »

I've just played the full version and my 1st impressions are: no damage (already known issue), no dashboard view (the same), no replay mode (why,oh why??), no horn.That makes game hmmm.... imperfect :( Anyway, there is something strange about force feedback wheel during the drag race.You have to turn the wheel almost 90 deegrees of angle to make the car turn slightly.Otherwise the car is going like a train forward.No sensitivity adjust option? Why? And another thing: the traffic: the traffic cars still look ugly.And the traffic is too low even if you set it to the max. I must admit that the graphics are marvellous but there is no freedom which gave us Midnight Club 2.
SuperRacer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by SuperRacer »

There's really no need for damage in this game. If you crash once, you lost.
xXx
Drift King
Drift King

Post by xXx »

I agree on that, SuperRacer..... :wink:

As for me , I got to try it out today & man..., I gotta say, it rocks... totally awesome... especially the drag race... you can just feel the speed ..... wooooooooooooooooooo.......... 8)

If I was to give the game a rating, I will give it a PERFECT 10 out of 10... :wink:

(NFS RULES...)
SuperRacer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by SuperRacer »

I'd give it an 8/10. There's still no dashboard and no replays, and there are some other problems.
Rogue
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Rogue »

Despite the imperfections you mentioned have you found it well worth the purchase, have to download the demo for now as unsure of when its gonna become available. I was amazed to see that some have already completed it..
nfs_rocks
Ricer
Ricer

hmm

Post by nfs_rocks »

yea no replays, no dash views and freakin' trafic comes up from no where ... :roll:
but still 8/10 ... expected more from EA but good enough ..
its awesome anyway.!!!! :D
Rogue
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Rogue »

Dude, ya damn lucky..went into the local news agency to see when the demo comes available on disc and they told me it'll be available towards the end of next month...meaning that the full version probably won't hit here to Christmas.
xXx
Drift King
Drift King

Post by xXx »

Have faith..... :wink:
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

Rogue wrote:Dude, ya damn lucky..went into the local news agency to see when the demo comes available on disc and they told me it'll be available towards the end of next month...meaning that the full version probably won't hit here to Christmas.
You mean the PC version?
The official release date for Australia is 24. november, that's 2 days ago... Check your stores, it should be there.
ChieL87
Ricer
Ricer

Post by ChieL87 »

Is NFS U playable on LAN??!!
:roll:
I give the game a 8/10 8)
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

No, no LAN and no split screen.
xXx
Drift King
Drift King

Post by xXx »

but the ps2 version has split screen..... :wink:
Om3n-PL
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Om3n-PL »

SuperRacer wrote:There's really no need for damage in this game. If you crash once, you lost.
well not really that is only in drag mode, i have no idea about drift. but i would like to see some damage anyhow. do you think when you crash in real life u can no damage and all your see on your winsheild Totaled.

Damage would make this game more perfect.
SuperRacer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by SuperRacer »

It's not only in drag mode. In circuit mode, if you crash the other cars will get ahead of you easily. Then it's hard to catch up. I play on hard though, I don't know what it's like on easy.
RobZombie350z
Stock
Stock

Post by RobZombie350z »

I agree, at these speeds, seeing all the damage of you bloody brains splattered all over the windshield and seeing you and your car towed off after 911 come to your rescue would make this game perfect! lol!
Saviour
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Saviour »

theres usually 3 reasons for no damage in games:

physics: creating decent models that crumple realistically is bad enough as it is, but when you've got over 500 diff combinations of parts that make up the car (diff spoiler/bodykit/lights etc. combinations) its a bit of a git to get all the data in ;)

manufacturers: car manufacturers don't like seeing their cars totalled, as no matter how much its said, someone, somewhere, will make a comparison to its real life coounterpart, so when a guy rams into a wall at 150mph in a skyline and expects only a crumpled bonnet (usual way damage is done in games..not too heavy) and ends up less than a metre wide and his body..none existant then it looks bad on them

balancing gameplay: how annoyed would you be if racing for 7 laps, got near the end, 12 seconds ahead, you hit a wall...and screw up your wheels so you can't go more than 12mph ? (i used this example coz i've done that, without the damage, and still won, but wouldn't have with damage)

so i'm glad of no damage

as for dashboard view, also prefer it off as its just distracting..as for replays, painful disappointment, i've had some hairy moments which i would of loved to capture

this whoops midnight club 2, which i didn't like...very very fun game, 8/10
Racerzrealm
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Racerzrealm »

I wrecked in drag mode, and saw window damage

Return to “Underground”