Discuss editing Need for Speed.
Ash
Stock
Stock

HP2 Editing, need some SERIOUS info.

Post by Ash »

Alright,

Firstly I'd like to say hi to you all.

Secondly, I'd like to say that I am NOT new to editing games, so I definitely aint no n00b. I own a lot of games, and every one I actively edit, or customize, if you will.

So my reason for posting here, is to get some real hard facts about HP2 Car editing...

These questions may have been asked in previous posts, but I aint seen any real answers to my questions.

So here goes.

I would like to know how to edit common values from the INI, such as ride height, camber, brake bias, etc etc. I've had experience with INI's before, as I was a tuner for Racer. I did all my work directly in the INI file with no programs, and I'd wish to do the same for HP2. The main reason I need to know this is because I really love tuning cars, and common values such as ride height and camber are needed to make the car look, and most importantly, drive better.

Has anyone put together a simple tut for this? If so, can you point me there? I've seen a few tuts that kinda cover this area but very vaguely, and didnt help me at all.

I also want to know just how much I am allowed to do with someone else's car, FOR MY OWN PERSONAL USE ONLY! I am aware of the release rules that flow with most communities, but I wondered whether or not editing of the INI or textures of someone elses car is allowed for personal use, which Is the only reason I do it, for my self-satisfaction.

So, I would appreciate some serious answers here, so If you have some info that could be REMOTELY handy, please let me know...

Thanks for the usage of your eyeballs,
Ash
Ash
Stock
Stock

Post by Ash »

Seems the 12 ppl who have viewed this either know nothing, which is rare, or they just dont want to help.

THANKS
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

I'm no editor so I can only answer you this. You can edit the cars as much as you like and as long as you use them only for your personal use. If you want to publish them, you will need to contact the author and ask for permission.
Koffy
Professional
Professional

Post by Koffy »

There is not very difficult to edit the inis. You just have to read the [words], and fill the spaces with the right numbers. What you have to know is about real life cars, how they handle better.

Return to “Editing”