Skylines

Discuss your favourite cars, racing or non-racing
Tyrant
Professional
Professional

Post by Tyrant »

evilmegamonkey wrote:[I plan on saving a lot starting sometime soon. I just want to know how much I'll be needing to save.
Start saving now man. Or get high rates on high school, because you need a very good job to import a Skyline man. I think you are too young to understand money.. :wink:
SKYLINE 266
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by SKYLINE 266 »

Jajaja youre right man , good point :wink:
the_kid987
Ricer
Ricer

Post by the_kid987 »

my cousin wants one two. thats pretty dumbif your gonna spend all that money for that car and import it over here. r you gonna modify it?? then thats gonna b like over more than $300,000. might as well buy a lamborghini or something
Morty
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Morty »

I'd much rather have a modded Skyline (or a stock one for that matter) than a Lamborghini. Besides, even here in Norway, a modded Skyline would be cheaper than a Lambo :P
the_kid987
Ricer
Ricer

Post by the_kid987 »

yeah, but this guy lives in georgia, in the US, and so do i, but thats gonna be more money, just to even get the car HERE
Morty
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Morty »

Well, cars are a lot cheaper in USA than in Norway, but the problem in Norway is this: Just getting the Skyline registered will cost as much as buying and registering a normal Honda Civic.
Let's say you buy an R33 GT-R for $80000. Then you have to add $25-30000 for the registration... So we're talking $110000. A Lamborghini Gallardo costs $290000....
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

that is alot to register it :shock:

In know If I would import one (most likely from the UK) it would cost me a percentage of the original tax, the percentage will go down as depending on the cars age. if you buy a new car you pay 100% of the original tax wich is combined is 40% of the orignal price. as the car is older lets say 5 years old you pay 50% out of the 40% and if the car is 25 years or older you pay nothing to get it here. expept for the real registration and a numberplate wich combined will cost you a few hunderd.

it is a pretty complicated process but I hope you get a clue (the percentages will not be correct, cause I forgot what they are exactly but it comes pretty close... cause we pay around 40% tax on a car we buy
Morty
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Morty »

Yeah... The Skyline GT-R is a bit special on that tho, you have to register it on a motor sport historical preservation base (or something like that), and you're not really allowed to mod it a lot. So unless you know people high in the system, getting a GT-R on Norwegian plates is a hard battle (I think it's more or less the same in Denmark, they have a f**ked up car policy as well). Import taxes come on top of that tho, but importing one would of course lower the car price.
I'm moving to Sweden... *sigh* :P (Not that a Skyline is cheap there either, but at least they know how to do car politics properly)
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

uuuh OK..

because t the skyline is never imported here in europe, there is no official price for it so they don't have a official tax price, so they do a estimate on the price compared with other cars. :roll:
Morty
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Morty »

Yeah, but the Skyline also has a rather impressive history in racing, and that's not helping. It's not lowering the estimate, at least :P
donaldgladden
Professional
Professional

Post by donaldgladden »

all you have to do is look up and ask Gt all the questions. on account he owns a R34 and a R32.
James31278
Banned

Post by James31278 »

yaya wrote:ive heard that import cost are actually more than the car itself, ive also heard its around $90,000 total
Actually $93,000 to $95,000. Basicly not worth it, the new GT-R will be cheaper.
donaldgladden
Professional
Professional

Post by donaldgladden »

i think Skylines are overrated and are spoke of too much. so kiddies who are still in school. i suggest you find a new car role model. i cant wait till the Skyline dies and is forgotten. if i see one more thread about skylines ima rip my eyeballs from my socket and throw them into my comp screen.
Morty
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Morty »

Just for the record, I was a fan of Skylines even before FNF was made. And no matter how overrated you think they are, in my eyes, they're close to the perfect car. And it sure as hell won't be forgotten.
the_kid987
Ricer
Ricer

Post by the_kid987 »

yea, they are. but anyway, i woodnt wanna spend that much money on a "perfect" car. lets just say i somehow, got that car, i would want to spend more money modifying it, but i already spend over $100,000, so i would have barely any money just to even get a stereo, lol
Morty
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Morty »

Well, I wouldn't need a stereo in a Skyline. The engine sound would be enough to keep me smiling for hours alone. And you don't really need to modify it, the only thing you get is a worse fuel economy, and gas isn't cheap these days. But another thing, if you can afford to use $100000 on a car, then you should also have some money to buy a stereo. There's no point in using every cent you have on buying a car, how would you pay for the gas?
the_kid987
Ricer
Ricer

Post by the_kid987 »

yea, and gas is a major issue now in the US. prices are crazy. yea, i guess if i have a car like a skyline, i woodnt really want to touch it, but itll cost even more money just to drive it here in the US
Crazy nfsu2 kid
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Crazy nfsu2 kid »

Listen to me evil, im the same age as u and let me tell you you just want a 1999 Civic or something, because once u buy the civic and mod it it will be faster and cheaper then an imported skyline,and think will you really know how to drive one :D
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

the US gas prices are pocket change compared to europe... you guys really have no reason to complain :wink:

we pay: (Dutch prices, other european countries wouln'd differ much most are lower but only a few are alot lower (40 eurocents a liter)

in The Netherlands we pay almost 6.9 dollar a gallon!! :shock:

compare that to the US prices :roll:

according to a research done in August (price has risen again since then) in the Netherlands the prices are 120% higher then in the US. other.

think about it
donaldgladden
Professional
Professional

Post by donaldgladden »

as far as i know for the past year.

Just go to Ebay. simple easy and fast. the least ive seen one sold was a R32 for 10 grand and it was located in California about 9 months ago. Btw it was a nice black
Grez~Supra_RZ-S
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by Grez~Supra_RZ-S »

Listen to me evil, im the same age as u and let me tell you you just want a 1999 Civic or something, because once u buy the civic and mod it it will be faster and cheaper then an imported skyline,and think will you really know how to drive one
It is very difficult to get a Civic to run a sub mid-13 second quarter mile time. And one which could outpace a Skyline certainly wouldnt keep up with one in the corners. Moreover, itd probably cost more to get a Civic to run those times than it would be to buy a GTR of any sort.

If youre in the US and you want a cheap but fast car, buy a Fox Body Mustang LX (5.0). Bang for buck, there simply is no better car.
*sig removed for being too big. limitations are 550x120px & 50kb*
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

TheStig wrote: according to a research done in August (price has risen again since then) in the Netherlands the prices are 120% higher then in the US. other.

think about it
Just say that the prices in the Netherlands is higher than any place in the world.. >.<

Damn you NL! D:<
James31278
Banned

Post by James31278 »

Morty wrote:Just for the record, I was a fan of Skylines even before FNF was made. And no matter how overrated you think they are, in my eyes, they're close to the perfect car. And it sure as hell won't be forgotten.
Same here, I liked the Skyline R34 several years before the movie came around. So some of us had a head start on the kiddies who wore out their F&F DVD's. Back before I knew anything about Rotary engines or any other major car thing I liked the Skyline. Something about that blue boxy Japanese car interested me.
Grez~Supra_RZ-S
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by Grez~Supra_RZ-S »

Im amazed by the amount of people who claim to love Skylines, yet always opt for the R34, which is the slowest of the 3 great Skylines.
*sig removed for being too big. limitations are 550x120px & 50kb*
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

Grez~Supra_RZ-S wrote:Im amazed by the amount of people who claim to love Skylines, yet always opt for the R34, which is the slowest of the 3 great Skylines.
That's beacuse the majority of Skyline lovers don't know shiznit about cars in general :lol:

They probably pick the R34 because it looks the best (for most), and it's the newest one :roll:

Return to “The Cars”