Skylines

Discuss your favourite cars, racing or non-racing
bashderq
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by bashderq »

Hecubus wrote:
Look at the Skyline's center console and interior floor, though, and you'll notice significant asymmetry right-to-left. This reveals an obvious, depressing fact: it would take a cross-wired Star Trek replicator, if not an act of God, to make a left-hand-drive Skyline GT-R for the U.S.
ROFL...That just stomped out all the little kiddie's dreams :lol:
The Gravedigger
Professional
Professional

Post by The Gravedigger »

And i thought that crushing people's dreams was my job :twisted:

Really, i cant comment on Skyline's because im more into the big 8's
but yet, i must say that the skyline is a rather nice looking car.... I personal prefer the R32 myself (that also does help when you have been in most of the skylines)

and again personally, i have been in my cousin's R34 GODZILLA (mods mainly from HKS) and to me it just seems to uncomfortable... or maybe im just to friggin' tall (little under 2metres)
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

bashderq wrote:
Hecubus wrote:
Look at the Skyline's center console and interior floor, though, and you'll notice significant asymmetry right-to-left. This reveals an obvious, depressing fact: it would take a cross-wired Star Trek replicator, if not an act of God, to make a left-hand-drive Skyline GT-R for the U.S.
I couldn't care less if it was a right hand car.... makes original :D

and it's not illegal to drive a right hand drive where I live
James31278
Banned

Post by James31278 »

TheStig wrote:
bashderq wrote:
Hecubus wrote:
I couldn't care less if it was a right hand car.... makes original :D

and it's not illegal to drive a right hand drive where I live
IT is here if you're a postman, my neighbor had a RHD subaru once. A RHD car would be awkward.
Morty
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Morty »

Hecubus wrote:Look at the Skyline's center console and interior floor, though, and you'll notice significant asymmetry right-to-left. This, combined with the engine-bay layout in which the six-cylinder is canted to the passenger side, reveals an obvious, depressing fact: it would take a cross-wired Star Trek replicator, if not an act of God, to make a left-hand-drive Skyline GT-R for the U.S.
Actually... No. There's a Norwegian company, based in Dubai, UAE, that actually rebuilds RHD drive cars to LHD, among them a few Skylines and some Mitsubishi Evos. I dunno any prices tho, but I don't think it's cheap. :wink:
Sweeper
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Sweeper »

Morty wrote:
Hecubus wrote:Look at the Skyline's center console and interior floor, though, and you'll notice significant asymmetry right-to-left. This, combined with the engine-bay layout in which the six-cylinder is canted to the passenger side, reveals an obvious, depressing fact: it would take a cross-wired Star Trek replicator, if not an act of God, to make a left-hand-drive Skyline GT-R for the U.S.
Actually... No. There's a Norwegian company, based in Dubai, UAE, that actually rebuilds RHD drive cars to LHD, among them a few Skylines and some Mitsubishi Evos. I dunno any prices tho, but I don't think it's cheap. :wink:
Actually the dashboard is not orginal Skyline.
It comes from a Nissan Bluebird, and I have heard from some of those who has bought these LHD conversions that the work done was quite poor.
They spent quite a bit of funds fixing up the mistakes I heard, could be that it was just for RX-7's.
But anyways, the importing price of Skyline is not what is the most expensive part, it is getting it road legal.
Nissan orginally didn't intend for the Skyline to leave Japan, though I have heard that it was offered in Australlia but I am unsure of that point.

Anyways, I have heard that people here in Norway have ended up on 30k USD or was it 40K USD for an imported GT-R fully registered.
I only know of R32's in that aspect, but generally it requires a few contacts to do so.
Currently there is only one road legal R34 GT-R in Norway, and it was registered on as a "Motor historic car" which is currently impossible to do.

Suffice to say there are ways to do the importing, but it is recommended to have a company take care of it.
As the shiznit of paper work is really troublesome.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

The R34 was also imported officially in the UK but only a few. the R33 and older are not officially imported in the UK. only as grey import. but the R34 GTR was imported by Nissan UK and the UK spec has some extras special for the european roads.
Drewb99
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Drewb99 »

Sweeper wrote: Nissan orginally didn't intend for the Skyline to leave Japan, though I have heard that it was offered in Australlia but I am unsure of that point.
Skylines are cheap as Camaros in Australia. They didn't just get the good GTRs either, they got the 30MPG econobox HR32s and stuff.
James31278
Banned

Post by James31278 »

Skylines were officially offered to right hand drive countries like Japan Australia and England. England only got a handfull though, probably the same with australia.
TheNoobofFerraris
Professional
Professional

Post by TheNoobofFerraris »

Just a question, will future skylines (if there are any) be legal in America, or will they only be available to other places like Japan? Now the Skyline WAS my favorite street car before but now I can't really choose.
Seems like this website is a ghost town. No longer worth a visit or anyone's time.
Drewb99
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Drewb99 »

The Infiniti G35 and M35 are Skylines, anything past the R35 that we have now's going to be exported (the GTR R36 included).
James31278
Banned

Post by James31278 »

TheNoobofFerraris wrote:Just a question, will future skylines (if there are any) be legal in America, or will they only be available to other places like Japan? Now the Skyline WAS my favorite street car before but now I can't really choose.
Yes they will be, Nissan is bringing the new GT-R to America in 2007+.
James31278
Banned

Post by James31278 »

Drewb99 wrote:The Infiniti G35 and M35 are Skylines, anything past the R35 that we have now's going to be exported (the GTR R36 included).
The M45 is not a Skyline its the Nissan Fuga in Japan. The G35 is the Skyline, Coupe is 350GT Skyline V35, Sedan is just Skyline V35.
SKYLINE 266
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by SKYLINE 266 »

I like da tuned carz that do nismo ( The nissan tuning department )
donaldgladden
Professional
Professional

Post by donaldgladden »

actually just the G35 is called a Skyline really. kinda shares the same attitude as one too.

and @ skyline 266: why cant people just act regluar instead of using slang :lol:

Nismo is the tuning department. mind me if im mistaken of what you said because i couldnt understand a single word
Drewb99
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Drewb99 »

Translation-

I'm a fan of the tuned cars that Nismo builds.
flatlander757
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by flatlander757 »

Just for giggles:

According to my calculations, the thread starter would need to work 18447 hours for $5.15(US minimum wage), or in other words 6.32 YEARS of 8 hour days, EVERY day, 365 days a year. This is all not even counting taxes and is assuming he saves EVERY penny earned. In all fairness it doesn't account for possible raises, but for the sake of this we'll just say that raises and money taken from taxes cancel each other out.

:lol:
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

$5.15 minimum wage? For your state, not in the U.S. Here in Cali it's $6.75, soon to be $7.25.
flatlander757
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by flatlander757 »

Well $5.15 is the minimum it can be ANYWHERE in the US I guess... So I suppose States themselves can raise it then.

Stupid VA. :(
ER-34_Fan
Ricer
Ricer

Post by ER-34_Fan »

It all depends on standard of living. The SOL in Cali is more that VA, and so forth, so that i why the minimum wage differs.
TypeRRevo
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by TypeRRevo »

what you think of this skyline
Attachments
gtr.jpg
R34GTR
Professional
Professional

Post by R34GTR »

Well its a photoshop.

But still very nice :D
TypeRRevo
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by TypeRRevo »

If this one came out id be buying it if i had the money for it :D
mayhemation
Ricer
Ricer

Post by mayhemation »

post removed...
Last edited by mayhemation on 22 May 2006, 04:59, edited 1 time in total.
Grez~Supra_RZ-S
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by Grez~Supra_RZ-S »

high-performance A-PEX Engine
A what now?

Some good points made though, although I wouldnt really suggest the AE86. The car uses the same 4A-GE as my MR2, and while a solid block, it doesnt hold much in the ways of performance parts, even with forced induction. Even when swapping to the 20V engine, its still pretty gutless.

Also, Pulsars have possibly the most unreliable drivetrain known to man, Ive lost count of the times my friend has replaced his gearbox, and if hes not replacing his own, hes at his brothers house replacing his. :D
*sig removed for being too big. limitations are 550x120px & 50kb*

Return to “The Cars”