The New/Prototype/Concept Car Topic

Discuss your favourite cars, racing or non-racing
nfsdriver
Drift King
Drift King

Post by nfsdriver »

Focer wrote:How about a NEW Supra :shock:
WOW. i LOVE it :shock:
EDIT: it looks different. thats why i like it but i'm gonna miss the old body style. :(
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

baadmw wrote:if i havn't totally misunderstood this W engine thing, this is how i would draw it....
that is pretty much correct...
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

TheStig wrote:the W12 engine is not 2 V6 engines put together :wink:
Yes it is.

It's like two V6 engines that have been stuck together and running on a single crankshaft. There is no better way to describe it. Baadmw's drawing also shows this.

that still doesn't make it 2 V6's put together... that is the same als saying well a V8 is 2 streight 4 engines put together... :?

it is simply a difirent engine type!

the engine BMW made for the McLaren F1 that is infact 2 V6's put togehter it was build out of 2 3.0 ltr V6 engines
bashderq
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by bashderq »

check out this scion t2b concept towards the bottom of the page...the exterior isnt too bad, but wats the idea with the dashboard? :?

http://www.jalopnik.com/cars/auto-shows ... /index.php
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

UGHHHH, NASTY!!! INSIDE & OUT!!!!
nfsdriver
Drift King
Drift King

Post by nfsdriver »

ok now that looks way awful.. :?
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

did you read the part about the new Dodge Charger. with it's 6.1 HEMI V8

ooh it does 0-60 in under 5 seconds :oops: now that is special...

it pushes the extraordinary amount of 424 bhp out of a 6.1 V8... that is not fast.. that is pethatic!
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

OK Stig, whatever.

But next time could you please make your own post, instead of editing mine :? it makes me look like I'm talking to myself.
jacoja06
Professional
Professional

Post by jacoja06 »

boganbusman wrote:It's like two V6 engines that have been stuck together and running on a single crankshaft. There is no better way to describe it. Baadmw's drawing also shows this.
OK...I'm starting to get confused over this W12 thing now. I agree with Bogans comment above, which turned out to be a similar statement to what I originally wrote. :lol: …So I’ll just stick with it.
TheStig wrote:it pushes the extraordinary amount of 424 bhp out of a 6.1 V8... that is not fast.. that is pethatic!
ROFL...It sure sounds pretty awesome (Except for the '0-60 in under 5 seconds' bit :lol:)
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

Yeah umm . . . 0-60mph in 5 secs is pretty damn good, and so is 424bhp. I'm sure it has loads of torque as well.

Are you feeling alright today Stig?
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

He's just used to racing cars. :wink:
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

sorry bogan... I wanted to quote your text but exidently EDITED it.. (edit button is next to quote... my apologies... )

and I am feeling perfectly alright...
but still the Dodge doesn't impress me!

"under 5 seconds" is most likely 4.9 :?

if you take the Mitsubishi EVO VIII MR FQ400
it has 400bhp does the 60 in 4.5 seconds and will most definetly corner better... and that with a 2.0 engine...

IMO that is more impressive engenering!

getting 425 out of a 6.1 isn't so much IMO

but he.. overall I am not impressed in the quality of most the cars that come from the US
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

He has a point. :roll:
Jopuma
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Jopuma »

TheStig wrote:did you read the part about the new Dodge Charger. with it's 6.1 HEMI V8

ooh it does 0-60 in under 5 seconds :oops: now that is special...

it pushes the extraordinary amount of 424 bhp out of a 6.1 V8... that is not fast.. that is pethatic!
I've heard of faster. The electric car the Tango can go 0-60 in 4 seconds and a max speed of 150. And a 80 mile range on one battery. Go to http://www.commutercars.com to read all about it.
Drewb99
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Drewb99 »

TheStig wrote:sorry bogan... I wanted to quote your text but exidently EDITED it.. (edit button is next to quote... my apologies... )

it has 400bhp does the 60 in 4.5 seconds and will most definetly corner better... and that with a 2.0 engine...

but he.. overall I am not impressed in the quality of most the cars that come from the US
For a car that weighs more than a small minivan I'd say it's pretty impressive.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

that is the only impressive thing... cause it got the weight of a battle tank..

on the other hand it is even impressive that it can reach 60 :lol:
Sir Ibi
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Sir Ibi »

So early next year apparantly the new EVO IX will be on sale. Could someone explain to me the difference between the current Evo VIII and the up and coming Evo IX....
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

there is a small change on the outside... the triangle with the Mitsu logo is removed... and that is about it... ooh and difirent rear lights

and I think it is basicly the MR version of the EVO 8. so the IX basic version is the same as the higher performance MR version of the 8
Jopuma
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Jopuma »

The Mitsubishi CZ2. Was supposed to come out 2 years ago, but never did. Guess that's why it was a concept.

http://files.conceptcarz.com/img/Mitsub ... ept_01.jpg
Hecubus
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Hecubus »

TheStig wrote:sorry bogan... I wanted to quote your text but exidently EDITED it.. (edit button is next to quote... my apologies... )

Ahem, ever seen that episode of Top Gear with the Evo FQ400 (in which that Evo loses or barely wins a drag race with some economy car because they're both in their top gears) ? The Charger will have a power curve flatter than a table, unlike that Evo. And, considering it weighs 4200lbs, and has the aerodynamics of a slightly slippery brick, it's 0-60 time of 4.7 seconds (borrowed from Car and Driver's review of the mechanically identical 300C SRT-8) is quite impressive. Furthermore, the Charger is a full-sized sedan (roughly on par with a BMW 7-series), and will no doubt ride better than the Evo (not neccesarily impressive, but deserves consideration). And, as much as it won't be able to outhandle the FQ400, it's very impressive for such a large sedan (I believe it gets upwards of 0.9g on the skidpad). And, lastly, the Charger costs about half of what the FQ400 costs, so it's ultimately all apples to oranges. As much as that Evo can post some impressive numbers, it's damn well near a useless car (the only thing I find really impressive is that Mitsubishi is willing to give that thing a warranty).

As for smaller cars, are you familiar with the Dodge SRT-4? Based on the Neon, 2.4L I4, 230hp, but most importantly, the 0-60 is in the low fives. All in a car that's less than $30K (in Canadian dollars). Furthermore, Mopar offers a wide range of parts that make the SRT-4 (which is already a phenomental preformance value) preform even better, and all while under warranty. Again, impressive for a relatively cheap car based on a cheap car with a 6-year old platform.

So, in summation, there really is no replacement for displacement.
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

Dude that is exactly everything that I wanted to say.

Except for maybe the last phrase, because that will probably start another argument :lol: (but I agree)

I never thought I'd see the day when Stig got owned :P
baadmw
Drift King
Drift King

Post by baadmw »

btw the evo IX has small engine and tranny tweaks
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

boganbusman wrote:Dude that is exactly everything that I wanted to say.

Except for maybe the last phrase, because that will probably start another argument :lol: (but I agree)

I never thought I'd see the day when Stig got owned :P
those are your opinions and you are entiteld to it... but that doesn't make it right :wink:

there is nowhere I said it is a bad car but the Charger simply doesn't exel in anything,
IMO the Charger should have died a legend. this isn't really a car that can follow in it's footsteps

and Hebucus, you forgot to mention that on a track (in the right gear) it can keep up/beat a Murcialago :wink:)
and the drag against a Focus Stationwagon was at 30 mph startspeed.

ofcourse the EVO has it bad sites (huge turbo lag and a absurd big turning circle wich together makes it pretty useless for normal use) but that doesn't make it less impressive that they can get a car to handle better then before and can keep up with V12 supercars on a track and all that with such a small engine... and warenty :P

but I think it is useless to continue this discussion...

your eighter like it or you don't (I belong to the last catagory)
Last edited by TheStig on 15 Jul 2005, 18:35, edited 1 time in total.
S2000_Skyline12
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by S2000_Skyline12 »

Jopuma wrote:The Mitsubishi CZ2. Was supposed to come out 2 years ago, but never did. Guess that's why it was a concept.

http://files.conceptcarz.com/img/Mitsub ... ept_01.jpg
*Family Guy,Peter* oh God! God, its just so..*looks again* Oh God just get it outta here!* OOC end

nah im just kiddin but it does look kinda ugly
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
ewans_hotcars
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

concept ka

Post by ewans_hotcars »

believe it or not the ford ka was first designed to be a concept car! :D

http://www.nfsunlimited.net/underground ... ns_hotcars

Return to “The Cars”