Lag

Ask and answer questions about Need for Speed Most Underground 2.
Be sure to search first!
Oddish
Stock
Stock

Lag

Post by Oddish »

I just installed this game again, but this time for some reason, the game lags a lot. Like when I press tab to read messages, there's a 1.5 second lag before the messages window comes up. And it's the same with every menu, like when I press escape to go to the garage. Last time I played the lag even affected the driving. I pressed the left key to go left, and the car steered left like 2 seconds later. I don't know what's going on, but if someone has had similar problems with the game, please share.

P4 3.0 GHz
Gainward GF 6800GT GLH
1024 MB RAM
Kid Cro
Banned

Me

Post by Kid Cro »

Whe I push tab for read mesage screen freezzz for one sec. and thenn show mesages.
Same goes for esc key, when I press esc. buton the game stop and after two sec show options go to garage,resume,restart......
But I dont care until I can play.
User deactivated: Habitual rule breaking; Abject lack of respect for the community.
isues
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by isues »

maybe its ur keybord settings in control panel,try changing ur repeat rate,
hope it works
:twisted:
Oddish
Stock
Stock

Post by Oddish »

I had the same problem as this guy:
http://forum.nfsunlimited.net/viewtopic.php?t=7680

So I uninstalled AVG, and now there's no lag at all on the menus, but sometimes when I'm driving, there's still lag between my key press and the car reaction. Any suggestions on what could be causing this?

Btw, I'm pretty sure the keyboard repeat rate has absolutely nothing to do with this. ;)
isues
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by isues »

Oddish wrote: Btw, I'm pretty sure the keyboard repeat rate has absolutely nothing to do with this. ;)
sorry wrong,the faster ur repeat rate the faster the car turns,trust me,hav tested this theiry.
Oddish
Stock
Stock

Post by Oddish »

isues wrote:
Oddish wrote: Btw, I'm pretty sure the keyboard repeat rate has absolutely nothing to do with this. ;)
sorry wrong,the faster ur repeat rate the faster the car turns,trust me,hav tested this theiry.
Let me explain myself a little better. I'm 100% sure this problem has absolutely nothing to do with the keyboard repeat rate. :)
DarkXMOD
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by DarkXMOD »

How do u lag anyway?
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

lag is when the game or whatever program you're running doesn't respond fast enough.... say for instance when you're typing, the letters appear on the screem almost instantaneously.... lag would be when they take 2 or 3 seconds to appear on the screen

hope that explains it!

oh, and lagging is not something u'd wanna do.... badbadbad

Return to “Help & Support”