ideal need for speed

2005 Need for Speed Most Wanted
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

ideal need for speed

Post by Fishwhiz »

do you have a perfect need for speed game that will fit everyones needs?
or your needs?
post your ideas.
my idea-
i dont know a good title, but it will be a flat out dang exspensive game.
a two disk game, one with cop mode, but no ferraries or any ion the makes that wont
let their cars in the game, and the other, just fine street racing. you can choose night and day, morning or evening, a free roam city, about as twice as big as the one in most wanted, including places that look like los vegas, a blace that looks like your viewing the grand canyon, on a dirt road, a subburb area, where there could be construction going on, go through tight two lane neighborhoods, with huge freeways connecting the 3 or 4 areas.
you have cars to a totally ricxed out toyota tureno, to an old dodge charger with a supercarged engine, a hevily tuned honda s2000, to a lightly tuned sporty vehicle, like a chrysler crossfire, to a only performance tuned and dubbed out caddy cts, to the new muscle cars like the new corvette zo6 with a great spoiler, to a almost stock ferrari s60 modena. and you are free to roam almost anywhere, including a farmers backyard, hitting his cattle, and mowing over his crops to cliff diving on to a secret road.......

im only posting this because most wanted just came out and some people are already finishing it. :)
Abrams
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Abrams »

Game that will make everyone happy will not come out, ever.
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

sadly... but still be creative!
SliM_880
Professional
Professional

Post by SliM_880 »

Nice topic... Ill think of something then post it... Wait...
S.t.r.e.a.k
Stock
Stock

Post by S.t.r.e.a.k »

It's true that ideal race game will not come out
:(
But NFS + Gt4 will be nice.
I would like cars from gt4 and nfs with tuning options from underground 2 and most wanted :D
with 3 towns from U1,U2 and MW.
and nice graphics of course :D

ps. sorry for my english, i just started learning.
Hecubus
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Hecubus »

I think my ideal NFS would start out as HP2 (basically, no moronic dialogue that sounds like a regected script for the Fast and the Furious), but add a few more cars (it can really be from any end of the spectrum, I'd be just as happy with muscle cars, cars I could potentially own, most sports cars, it doesn't really matter), throw in the physics engine of Porsche Unleashed, and even though I never really used it, the car tuning options from U2 (just none of the visual tuning options, I don't need that, and so it'd be wasting space on MY ideal game). Oh, and free roam.
Hesselaar
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

NFS

Post by Hesselaar »

My ideal nfs would be like:

- Exotic cars: ferrari, lamborghini, porsche.
- Semi-expensive cars: bmw, audi, mercedes.
- affordable cars: toyota, opel, volkswagen, ford.

They have to be tunable (as in most wanted).

- Ability to drive against the cops but also drive as a cop. ( as in nfs3 )
- If you are driving 200 km/h it must really feel like you are going 200 km/h, not like you are going 50 km/h...
- An Massive Online playing mode, with large EA servers which can host 100 players orso, then free roam and let players make races which you can join by driving to them...
- Better Highway, like in germany, those highways should be in nfs too ^^
- Pay for damage (nfs 4)
- Tournaments, with good price money ^^
- Your 'garage' + test track (nfs ug1)
- Different citys, not just one as in nfs ug1 to most wanted... but more like Los Angeles, Berlin, Amsterdam...
- You should be able to buy 'safehouses'.
- More?

Most of this will prolly never be realised cos that's too difficult :p
but that's just what i want :p
StreekG
Drift King
Drift King

Post by StreekG »

The perfect racing game is a game that perfectly represents real life driving/racing on the streets/circuits.

Sadly that will probably not happen though
hansip87
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by hansip87 »

Yes. That's true.. None can match the real world experience..

BTW, the perfect racing game for me is not about the realism, but the fun in it.. I like game that won't make me fell stressed out (I really don't like the Busted part in NFSMW.. really.. I'm in game for god sakes.. Why do I have to get caught up like in real world.. Hahahaha)
DJ_Zephyr
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by DJ_Zephyr »

3 words- MORE CLASSIC MUSCLE! I want GT500s and Hemi Chargers and 427 Cobras and '32 Ford roadsters with big Mickey Thompson drag tires and blowers large enough to eat a Honda. I want to set my cam timing to make a throaty roar instead of that pansy ricer drone and scare little kids in VW Golfs. :twisted: I wanna make enough torque to pop my car back up on the wheelie bar (yeah, with the rear tires clear off the ground). I want cars with GUTS!

Of course, add the newer cars- RX7s, Supras, BMWs, Benzs, Lambos and Ferraris, just to widen the horizons. Maybe even add a few trucks- Silverados, F-150 Lightningss, Dodge Ram SRT-10s. Have class-based and multi-class races (that blown roadster versus an Enzo would be fun), and of course free roam with the insane cop chases. Make a city with both day AND night cycles. Maybe even add a few lowrider cars like Impalas and '57 Cadillacs in, and put the snazzy hydraulics back in the game. 8)

And since I'd want convertibles, let us choose what our driver is gonna look like, as well as our car.
SliM_880
Professional
Professional

Post by SliM_880 »

Exotics: Gallardo, Murcilago, Diablo, Porsche Carrera GT, Porsche 911 Carrera, Mclaren (both mercedes and the other mclaren), aston martin vanguish, enzo, modena, ferrari F50, corvette, viper, ford GT

Not very expensive: BMW series 6 or 7, BMW M3 or M5, Mercedes CLK, ford Mustang GT, Cadilac CTS

Tuner: Skyline, Miata, Celica, RX7, RX8, Supra, GTO, Civic, Subaru,

Other: Mini cooper, smart,

All cars can be customized with 4 vinyl layers, high resolution, and super gameplay with cops n all modes in NFSU1, NFSU2 n MW... + 20 car garage and super speed (like burnout if car was maxed out...

Could be the best...
Pinecone
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Pinecone »

Heres a quote from the creator of the Xbox 360:
There are no perfect games, but there can be magical games. Games that feel like they are designed specifically for you
I couldnt agree more
jhwee
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by jhwee »

NFSUG2 + cops is mine, haha. I think that game was awesome. Also they should include ONLINE free roam where you host a central server and everyone just goes in and then drives around--making it like you control the computer drives in UG2. Then drive up to them, and then initiate a chase/drag whatever it's called. You can also host "meets" like in that parking lot up at the Heights (in UG2), and then compete in events like hydraulics, burnouts, initiate the other modes of races... That would be awesome IMO. Sort of like a Ricer's game :(. But I'm not a ricer haha (even though my the thing under my username says so... haha. Cars, damage like Nascar HEAT, or even Street Legal(not sure about that) and maybe even other towns like in GTA: San Adreas where at least the scenery(sp?) changes. Too much to ask for but yeah :D.
Last edited by jhwee on 03 Dec 2005, 19:27, edited 1 time in total.
SliM_880
Professional
Professional

Post by SliM_880 »

^^^ good idea bout the online free roam... like that
jhwee
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by jhwee »

Yeah just giving my ideas... Too bad I can't think of anything for my HR department... Every idea implemented will get $50. Hahah :[.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

I want to honk at the traffics too! It's just so frustrating that they always get in our way... Maybe if EA can implement the honking system, when we honk at the traffics, they'll move out of our way. :D
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

For me MW comes pretty close to what is possible now in what I want in a NFS game.

a bigger city would be better, especially the Harbor area in MW is good with the carrier but it would be really cool if it was really big like the Navy Harbour in Norfold (US) and get chased by the MP at that area :P ooh I am getting of track.
a whole out bigger city with more countryside and add a memory lane system with classic tracks that old NFS fans remmember like Hometown, Atlantica, Rocky Pass (from NFS 3 and 4) and tracks like Olympic Square etc (U1) that are hidden in the free roam but you can race em also that would be cool IMO (he I am a old school NFS racer)

A class based system like the old NFS series but with a option to race a other classes and tune a ride to make it faster. and with a nice indept tuning system (without the Anoying boy racer voice telling you what to do like in U2... that guy got on my nerves with his HE YO! stuff)

A nice interacitve story, MW was pretty good but could do with more movies etc, and with more interaction with rivals :D (I like in U1 that you got friendly rivals like Jose, U2 everyone was a ricer and against you, calling you a noob etc.)

A caracter build system where you can build your caracter like in the SIMS so you can choose if you are a girl or boy (NFS Porsche had that in a simple version) and that the carracters in the game interact to that (referring to you as SHE etc if you are female etc.) and a good animated driver in the car

And things like Andre said, a horn and flashing with the lights etc.

Ofcourse with a great carlist :D
jhwee
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by jhwee »

Andre_online wrote:I want to honk at the traffics too! It's just so frustrating that they always get in our way... Maybe if EA can implement the honking system, when we honk at the traffics, they'll move out of our way. :D
Yeah that'd be awesome seroiusly I hate the traffic. I'm not sure but I think Midtown Madness 2, they'll get out of your way if you honk. Well at least if you're a cop they stop haha. If only...
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

Andre_online wrote:I want to honk at the traffics too! It's just so frustrating that they always get in our way... Maybe if EA can implement the honking system, when we honk at the traffics, they'll move out of our way. :D
they did have it in hp2
UrQuattro
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by UrQuattro »

Ideal NFS has already been made concept wise - the NFSU 5, Porsche. That was a proper game I loved. Everything else fails since, though graphics/sounds got progressively better since, the gameplay is unmatched for concept, sophistication level and immersion. That was a much more grown up game, than the tribute to the now cliche 'tuner culture' that makes me cringe.

NFSMW graphics and Sounds + NFS PU = best NFS for me.
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

UrQuattro wrote:Ideal NFS has already been made concept wise - the NFSU 5, Porsche. That was a proper game I loved. Everything else fails since, though graphics/sounds got progressively better since, the gameplay is unmatched for concept, sophistication level and immersion. That was a much more grown up game, than the tribute to the now cliche 'tuner culture' that makes me cringe.

NFSMW graphics and Sounds + NFS PU = best NFS for me.
Amen to that. :mrgreen:
korge
Morty
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Morty »

About a year ago, I made a list of stuff I would like to see in a future NFS, together with Meras (he's registered here, but he hasn't been here in a while). It's not finished, and we have about 4 or 5 pages of stuff. It would be enormous tho (maybe I'll make a post about it later on :P ).

Anyway, to be realistic, my ideal NFS would be like this:
- A city as big as San Andreas, with countryside, highways and cities.
- A car list that would compete with Gran Turismo, with the possibility of tuning all cars visually and performance wise.
- All cars would handle as well as the Porsches did in NFSPU (I read an article about the 911 Carrera RS in a Norwegian car magazine, and it was EXACTLY the way the car feels in the game).
- Already mentioned but minor details like horn and lights.
- A huge online mode. I've read that you can see other racers on the online part of PGR3, but I want more than that. Imagine this: You've parked on the side of a road because you're hungry (eating dinner in real life). While you eat, a Lamborghini blasts by doing 250 kph. About 2 seconds later, 12 cop cars blasts by as well. I've seen too many action movies, but I'd love to have a world like that in a game.
- NFS Porsche had a part where you could buy damaged cars, fix them up, and sell them, a nice way of making a lot of money. I want that back.

GTA+NFS+GT would be a good start...

I pretty much agree with Hesselaar, TheStig, SliM_880 and UrQuattro. :)
allsupedup32
Ricer
Ricer

Post by allsupedup32 »

my ideal nfs game would be the best of all racing games. first...

The cars: exotics, high end tuners, muscle cars, and maybe suvs

Tuning: the tuning would be almost unlimited, hundreds of spoilers custom parts where u can actually create the body kit or the spoiler, u would be able to draw out vinyls or use ones already created, and all the other street racing stuff neon (even for licence plate) headlights, etc

Game modes: there would be too main modes, cops and no cops

Race modes: all of them from MW and U2

also i like the i dea of nigh and day racing... at first i thought MW was gunna be like that

Finally... the Environment: four diff cities one lit up in lights, another kinda a slum area graffiti all that stuff, a rural one lots of big roads for high speeds, and the final one one with tons of bridges and a great view for water
^Sparco^
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by ^Sparco^ »

Agreed to almost everything.

Specially with the last paragraph in allsupedup32's post. That is the secret. Please bring back the old days tracks: 4 different worlds, each one of them got 2/4 different tracks/modes. Reverse, mirrored.
Think of NFS3: Hometown, Redrock ridge, Atlantica, Rocky Pass. It would be just awesome to drive there again with todays graphics.

One just got tired of driving in the same city all the time.

Then a bit of simulation wouldnt be bad... At least make the game playable with a wheel. Driving with a keyboard doesnt really make sense, but it's the only way to play most of NFS series... playing with a wheel is just hilarious! It's so arcadey.

And the interior camera.

Insert these three elements and you will get an appreciated game all over the world.

BTW Urquattro, welcome back 8)
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

i also want to customize your own licence plate.
i also agree w/ sparco and the other guy above him, and also i want cops back in quick race mode. and they also really need a replay cam again, where you can control it the exact way you want it. and also a better slowmode button. not like in u2 where it was each slide at a time.
and also be the cop mode. and ea needs to buy ferrari or something... id like to know why they had ferraries in hp2.....

Return to “Most Wanted”