Your views of NFS UNDERCOVER

2008 Need for Speed Undercover
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

Re: Your views of NFS UNDERCOVER

Post by KammyworldRacerGT4 »

No Evo X either (which is unfair as we got it on PS). NO one even realizes, though, that the car list is from the Collector's Edition of Carbon... minus the R8.
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Nitrodemon McLaren wrote:They look ugly on my PC, identical to that of the screenshots t3ice provided.

So yeah, it's better on PS2. Plus there are no frame rate problems. Overall I'd give it a 6.8 or 6.9. The lack of cars is meh though. No Bugatti Veyron...
Ok gotcha. But dude, you gotta update something, somewhere. Retro just ain't THAT cool.
Nitrodemon McLaren
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Nitrodemon McLaren »

The PS2, despite old is the most played console of all time and it turns out it beat the PS3 in popularity easily in 2008. Even the classic Xbox is more played than the PS3... lol.
AzrielSmurf
Ricer
Ricer

Post by AzrielSmurf »

It's playable at about 20fps on my machine. It's slightly more fun to play since the patch. But it's still not what I was hoping for.

Yes it has the open world which means I can drive around and get into my own trouble. And as long as you can read the map, you can drive to the vicinity of any event you want, then tab into it. Still get to drive there. And honestly, these are things I wanted back. ProStreet was BORING. Just one race day after another, same thing everytime.

Initially the steering sucked huge and once I finally got it all worked out, they released a patch which sent all that time down the drain. My first race after installing the patch, my wheel had to be turned 10 degrees left just to drive in a straight line. What could they possibly have messed with to cause such a thing (and yes, I calibrate from windows before each and every session, having had issues with my wheel in every game since Underground)

I guess what disappoints me so much is this. I wore out 2 steering wheels playing UG:UG2:MW. Now I'm more likely to kill a steering wheel by throwing it out into the street. Why can't we have the awesome gameplay of HS:PU:UG:UG2:MW (yes only the last three are from this century) with the graphics of modern day games? Heck I would be ok if they just brought the gameplay from Porsche Unleashed back with current graphics. Anyone remember how challenging the Factory Driver side of that game was? Once they master the gameplay, maybe then they can master the graphics.

I want to play, might make the trade off of ugly for very playable
Athlon X2 4800
4GB Corsair DDR2 667
Radeon HD 3870 512mb
XP Pro, Vista Ult x64, PCLinux
TMW
Ricer
Ricer

Post by TMW »

grafX for PS2 aren't too bad, but the music is APPAULING! PUHLEEZE! NFSU2 had better music! Mods are ok (read CRAP!) but seriously, for the money, i'd rather have NFSU 1 or2!

The TRI City thing looks like MW too much nut the speedbreaker is awesome (not for the cops, though)

HMMM!!
IF it don't cost anything, DON'T BUY IT!!
Jim_UK
Stock
Stock

Post by Jim_UK »

Highly let down by this game...

I loved the modding side to pro street. The Visual combinations seemed endless. I tried to add vinals to a vehicle in pro street and was shocked that you can even change a graphics colour.

Heavily disappointed by the arcade feel to the racing. Seems more like Burnout than N4S and turning corners whilst racing at high speed only to be greeted by an AI soccer mom van that the racing AI seemingly always notices to put you out of the race...

"Graphics will be removed from vehicle to maximize performance during multiplayer" says enough really doesn't it?

Making and customizing vehicles is a massive part of the game, on par to actually racing...never would i have thought removing half of the content is going to keep fans happy...

I shall be sticking to Pro street... and will be VERY cautious when purchasing the next need for speed...
The Flash
Ricer
Ricer

Post by The Flash »

I think it's decent NFS game, I only dissapointed by the poor performance and crappy shadow quality, the gameplay is good, although the car handles like it's glued to the road :lol: (it has super grip)
Phosphorus
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Phosphorus »

Pursuit Chase is exciting. And the game mode is better than NFS:MW & NFS:C

Maggie Q is beautiful :D

What I think is really bad is the police car.
_BLAHHEAD_
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by _BLAHHEAD_ »

I've just got it on my PC, can run smooth max settings but still looks like crap. For some reason if you don't have pixel shader 2, no reflections work at all.The menu is terrible. No support for mouse pretty much and scrolling is bad. The car physics are quite enjoyable actually ,but then the game randomly crashes and has weird loading zones .

My opinion is that the game could have been good, but sucked.
Stereo
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Stereo »

I've tried to like it 2 times, but the cops are too annoying and know ALL the hidden roads now. It's basically impossible to get away from them (at least for me)
oshaylinux
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Undercover or shall I say, Most Wanted 2! My Thoughts. :)

Post by oshaylinux »

Pros:
It only took six months for the price to drop to $20.
Most Importantly, It is MW 2!

Cons:
Cant turn off motion blur.
Cant turn off the over brightness.
Poor driving engine.
Mediocre visual customizations.
Poorly delivered/developed story line.
Week music selection.
No drag and drift races.
Over exposed environment!

Before and after Undercover came out, I was very critical of it not even haven ever played it. My main complaint was, based on EA/Black Box's press release of Undercover, that EA/Black Box is not listening to the NFS fans. I've bought the game and played it and I must admit, I Was Wrong! EA/Black Box gave us exactly what we wanted, Most Wanted 2! If was not for the different story line, Undercover would have been a remake of Most Wanted. I cant help feeling something got lost in translation though from MW to Undercover (MW2). Undercover (MW2) is missing that little something that makes it an icon like MW and HP 3.

It could be the fact that Undercover's (MW2) environment is basically cardboard looking city buildings and concrete highways having very little of that iconic country scenery. Maybe it's that "Magic hour"(over brightness) look that EA/Black Box hyped so much about mixed with the motion blur, that gave the environment a "washed out" look. That look of an over exposed picture, the light is so bright it washes out everything. The sad thing about it, ther's no turn off options, just stuck with it. The like of a personal garage really make one feel so unwanted in the city.

It could be that Prostreet driving engine. I did not think that engine could get any worst, but it did. At least in Prostreet, using a joystick you could gradually turn the car, but in Undercover(MW2) turning was all the way left or right no in between. The DLC did add some gradual turning but bought back that annoying tire streaking at the slightest turn of the wheel.

It could be that poorly delivered and underdeveloped storyline. EA/Black Box could done a better job at telling the story by using CGI characters and could saved a lot of money and time.

It could be the, limited in scope, sound track. I can only recall one song from it, The Fight Song. EA/Black Box could do a lot better, they could easily use ameture bands by doing contests to chose their winners, it would save them a lot of money.

Undercover (MW2) consist of mediocre elements that would not be worth mentioning, if it was not for the fact, it was overlaid with the MW theme. Other than that, Undercover (MW2) was well worth the $20 I paid for it.
gugawino
Stock
Stock

Post by gugawino »

THE GAME IS ALLRIGHT BUT ABOUT THE CHALLENGE SERIES , IF U HAVE A EUROPEAN CONSOLE AND AN AMERICAN GAME , YOU WONT BE ABLE TO INSTAL ANY PACK , EA FAILURE , NO PACKS . THEY SHOULD HAVE STATED IN THE BOX .
christyw744
Stock
Stock

Post by christyw744 »

Thanks
InternationalClassic
Ricer
Ricer

Post by InternationalClassic »

I think this was a rather decent game.

The car section was the best I've seen in an NFS game. Also Graphics werent bad either. But I must say the gameplay was repetitive and the storyline way too much.
jeffareid
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Re: Undercover or shall I say, Most Wanted 2! My Thoughts. :)

Post by jeffareid »

oshaylinux wrote:Cant turn off motion blur. Cant turn off the over brightness.
Just turn down the world effects. example video (I also turned off shadows so fraps capture would work better, although there's still a blue glitch at about 0:44 into the video):

http://jeffareid.net/nfsuc/nucsbbccx.wmv

youtube version:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJfVaU3OPK8&fmt=22
BASGTA
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by BASGTA »

I've tried Undercover on two different computers and about 4 fresh installs of Windows and each time I get the same graphical glitches which makes the game completely unplayable. I agree 100% with the second post in this thread.
Mr Xclusive
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Mr Xclusive »

pursuit is my favorite

i love cops in need for speed

other than that it was okay
Xaffax
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Xaffax »

Actually... I liked this game. On PC it ran smooth enough. It was not as cool as Most Wanted 2005 but I liked it enough to play it all the way through to the end.
But! You have to get the right cars. Some cars simply suck in this game.
Karyl1Matt
Stock
Stock

Post by Karyl1Matt »

bounty hunter will help you to find many undercover items.you can visit detectorall

Return to “Undercover”