Better car at drifting?

2007 Need for Speed ProStreet
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Re: Better car at drifting?

Post by Striker94 »

Um, for speed, I reckon for speed I'm gonna stick with koenigsegg's suggestion-R34.

Back to drift-stuff the cheats/codes whatever. I'm tuning my own drift RX-7, but it's taking me a while to get the right gear ratios...

And what vinyls? none of them fit!
oh snap
2fast4all
Drift King
Drift King

Post by 2fast4all »

The lexus IS250, 240, 350z.
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

240???

Has anybody tried the Corvette for drift? I just tried yesterday, converting my drag one to drift, and suprisingly, it worked very well!
oh snap
2fast4all
Drift King
Drift King

Post by 2fast4all »

I dont have much luck with the Corvette, can never control it.
Racing M3 GTR
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Racing M3 GTR »

Striker94 wrote:240???

Has anybody tried the Corvette for drift? I just tried yesterday, converting my drag one to drift, and suprisingly, it worked very well!
I generally find that the heavier the car feels, the better it seems to work for drift, So yeah, I did try the reg. 'Vette and liked it as a drifter.
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

well, if you really want a car that feels heavy, try these-camaro, CHEVELLE, mustang GT and the old mustang...
oh snap
el bruja gato
Ricer
Ricer

Post by el bruja gato »

Heavy cars with slow revving engines are a good exercise of your mind - makes you think before you put the foot down or flick it into a turn. But when they do "lock on" to your desired line they're a dream. But changing direction in an ultra-tight Japanese madness course.. uh oh

But realistically I prefer something like a 240, Corolla, Silvia or on the Continental side the BMW M3 simply because they are relatively light and balanced, which means you can adapt to a dynamic course more easily than a 2 ton land-going ship...

I have to admit though I love having a big engine for the sheer thrill of it so my "practical" choices, and same for the heavy feel cos I don't like playing arcade games with flick steering... so the winners for me are things like the Pontiac GTO (the new, Holden based one) and BMW M3 (again the older one cos it looks efficient businesslike, not overstuffed, overbuilt like the new)
Profs_9
Stock
Stock

Post by Profs_9 »

Well i got 15000 points using the dodge charger(stage3).
Profs_9
Stock
Stock

Post by Profs_9 »

The Best car I found was dodge charger(level3 all)
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

can I ask you what was the point of posting the same information twice, just worded differently?

And yes, the E46 M3 is better for grip, BUT IMO the E92 is better for drift...
oh snap
GLoPJe
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by GLoPJe »

Striker94 wrote:can I ask you what was the point of posting the same information twice, just worded differently?

And yes, the E46 M3 is better for grip, BUT IMO the E92 is better for drift...
Probaly an accident stop bitching on all people striker no wonder why u got the spammert status

ss is pretty good for drifting im now trying the corvette :wink:
Atominist
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Atominist »

I got 15,001 (20,001) on Ebisu Course B with an RX-7, and 13,968 (18,968) on Course A with AE86.

It make me laugh when my 1,000 bhp Viper can even do half that!
jeffr
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by jeffr »

Stage 3 or stage 4 RX7 with stock tires, suspension and brakes will get a lot of drift points. Use the handbrake (version 1.0) or regular brakes (version 1.1) to continue to get drift points while sliding in a nearly straight line, especially when approaching the finish line. There are times when you can slide for 5 seconds or more with the brakes and accumulate a lot of points, even longer if sliding down hill. You can also drag the nose of the car along a wall.
jeffr
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by jeffr »

Regarding the highest drift score, it's possible to get 100,000 at Ebisu drift G (touge) by constantly sliding the nose of the car on the outside wall, due to some quirk at that track.
uboy
Ricer
Ricer

Post by uboy »

jeffr wrote:Regarding the highest drift score, it's possible to get 100,000 at Ebisu drift G (touge) by constantly sliding the nose of the car on the outside wall, due to some quirk at that track.
Appreciate if ya can give us a played video of urs regarding this...100,000...OMG.. :roll:
Thanx in advance...
--- uboy ---
wondaboy
Ricer
Ricer

Post by wondaboy »

Striker94 wrote:WTF! How the firetruck do you manage 12,000? I can barely make 7000! ( And i've got a RX-7, but not akimura's. Had to sell it to get a better drag car)

:twisted: Aki's car is crap anyhow,I get min 10 000 a drift but more usualy about 16 000+ Trust me if you had my RX7 you would struggle to get under 10 000 points for a drift. If your car is realy well tuned its almost imposible to get the car to stop drifting. If you want my record holding RX7 blueprint look me up online,my username is wondaboy.
wondaboy
Ricer
Ricer

Post by wondaboy »

Koenigsegg_Rox wrote:Um, the Skyline can't drift (although it probably could in real life) because it's all-wheel-drive.

:mrgreen: Oh the Skyline in prostreet can drift, and it actualy drifts like a dream,but sadly you dont get a single point for your drift. The fun factor makes it well worth the try though!! :D
wondaboy
Ricer
Ricer

Post by wondaboy »

RedCarDriver wrote:
scorchex wrote:LOTUS ELISE
Agreed. Also, my Tier 2 Silvia (stage 3s except brakes and transmission) hasn't let me down; it's the car I used until I got Aki's car. And, if you can get it, the drift-able Evo is pretty nice as well (but you can't save any customization on it for some reason :( )

:twisted: Ive got the RWD EVO, and mine customises just fine,it does drift quite nice but i find it a bit to responsive, RX7 still my top car although i like to drift with everything. The realy huge and dificult cars seems like they improve your drifting skill, when you in your smaller car again you still try to drift like you did the big car and then the rx7 bbehaves like a cloud! If you want my evo blueprint, and if you on pc, then im online at races my username - wondaboy
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

wondaboy wrote:
Striker94 wrote:WTF! How the firetruck do you manage 12,000? I can barely make 7000! ( And i've got a RX-7, but not akimura's. Had to sell it to get a better drag car)

:twisted: Aki's car is crap anyhow,I get min 10 000 a drift but more usualy about 16 000+ Trust me if you had my RX7 you would struggle to get under 10 000 points for a drift. If your car is realy well tuned its almost imposible to get the car to stop drifting. If you want my record holding RX7 blueprint look me up online,my username is wondaboy.
Is that PS3, X360, or PC?
jeffr
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by jeffr »

RX7 and Camaro SS are good drift cars. The Camaro SS rides walls better, and slide a bit straighter when using the handbrake. Parts and tuning the same for both:

Parts - Stock - brakes, suspension, tires. Stage 4: engine, turbo, nitrous, drivetrain. Tuning: engine + nitrous +10, drivetrain - 1st +10, 2nd +6, 3rd +2, 4th -2, 5th -6, 6th -10, final +10.
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

I'm gonna try the Aston Martin DB9 soon, see if it's better than the RX7 :)
jeffr
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by jeffr »

uboy wrote:
jeffr wrote:Regarding the highest drift score, it's possible to get 100,000 at Ebisu drift G (touge) by constantly sliding the nose of the car on the outside wall, due to some quirk at that track.
Appreciate if ya can give us a played video of urs regarding this.
This was done by another player. Do a web search for "ulitmate wall grind". I tried and couldn't duplicate what happens in the video. Worse yet, I just checked and the videos are gone.
scoobeephantom
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by scoobeephantom »

the 350z is so easy to use, the rx-7 is really good, but other than that i dont know
THE HIPPIES WERE RIGHT
RAZGRIZ
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

To anybody who has Race Driver-GRID, could you please tell me why it's go much harder to hold a drift whan in prostreet?
In Prostreet all you have to do it turninto the corner at the right speed, and you've got the points. In GRID, you have to make 50 adkustments a second to hold it! Which is more realistic?

Anyway, my new dirft car= M3!!!
oh snap
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Striker94 wrote:To anybody who has Race Driver-GRID, could you please tell me why it's go much harder to hold a drift whan in prostreet?
In Prostreet all you have to do it turninto the corner at the right speed, and you've got the points. In GRID, you have to make 50 adkustments a second to hold it! Which is more realistic?

Anyway, my new dirft car= M3!!!
Because ProStreet is n00b physics and it's distorted your sense of car physics. It's not that bad, turn in, brak traction... few techniques depending on the corner... and adjust the throttle, clutch kick etc... to keep the tail out.

Return to “ProStreet”