Your Thoughts about NFSC...

2006 Need for Speed Carbon
SkeeteRX7
Drift King
Drift King

Unfinished game....

Post by SkeeteRX7 »

No game should make you have to buy a certain system to be able to experience the whole game.

I beat it, got bored, and have been playing the Ace Combat series lately.
krazyammo
Professional
Professional

Post by krazyammo »

very short, a lot of bugs/glitches, nice carlist but most of em' useless (well on current-gen consoles), autoscuplt isn't all it's hyped up to be, cops are used recycled stuff from mw and just there to annoy you.....no wonder why mw is way better
purplegreendave
Ricer
Ricer

Post by purplegreendave »

Format: PS2

TOO DAMN EASY & SHORT[/rant]
SkeeteRX7
Drift King
Drift King

Post by SkeeteRX7 »

Yeah, when I get my new gaming computer, a loaded Dell Latitude D620, I'll get the full Carbon package. Now I just have CE and Normal for PS2 and Wii (haven't done Wii yet though), respectively.
C2D T7500 2.2 ghz| 256 MB NVIDIA Quadro FX570m|160 GB 7200 RPM|2 GB RAM- my laptop
Darth Meatloaf
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Darth Meatloaf »

I hate, that the only way to have the full game is buy $500-$600 system.
I have it for ps2 and it sucks. while you are racing, there is no traffic and the AI are as stupid as hell.
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

Even on the Wii, the game is extremely short, I only played it for a couple hours a day and I'm done half the entire game after 2 days. And what ever happened to 20 racers? All I see is 3 other cars, one of which is my useless teammate who says, "I can't catch up man, they're too fast!" while the opponents are all behind him. And EA probably made Carbon a night-time game so they could have an excuse for no traffic.
Truestar
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Truestar »

One thing thats got me lately is Photo Mode.

Great concept and feature! But the camera doesn't go four feet from the car! Its really difficult to get a decent pursuit picture when the camera is attached to the car. :?
bam_bam
Drift King
Drift King

Post by bam_bam »

I love and hate NFS:C , it just about sums up a disappointing year for EA . For me it just wasn’t what Most wanted was . Most Wanted you could just make a car and rag it round the city and ever so often something magical would happen . The police chases in MW were crazy ! You had to really out drive them at time and hide really carefully at times but it seems with Carbon its just a matter of waiting till the police make a wrong turn .

The auto-sculpt - This is a cool idea , I think that its more aimed at console users myself . For me though , I would rather spend a-few hours on photo-shop making my own car and importing it in. WHY EA has a problem with people designing their own cars in photo-shop I don't know . EA just seem to love making our lives that little bit more harder :S .

Crews - /exe "bang head on desk" . AI ? NO ! This seems to be EA messing with our heads AGAIN ! I lost countless races b/c my "crew member" kept getting in the way and in some cases forcing me off the road ! . I ended up just using the blocker coz they tend to sit behind you :S .

Drift mode - Whilst this was quite hard to get to grips with , the drifting was lush ! AND REALLY addictive ! I really don’t think that there was enough of it tho T_T

The Cars - EA actually gave us a respectable car to start in /bow . Unfortunately they didn’t mention that I'd be stuck with it for half the game >.< . By the time I got my 350z I was just finishing the game off . Wtf ?

Graphics - Not even my 12 year old brother copy and pastes other peoples work and trys to pass it off as his own . NFS:C Really needs its own engine . My computer is more than powerful enough to run the game at max graphics yet there are still consistant errors .

Online - The only race worth doing online is the canyon duels , its the only race where n00bs cant just use their trainers and nitrous the whole race bouncing off of the walls . I play a wide range of games online and NFS C is THE worst game for cheaters !

whilst this game is fun in places , it just seems like the game isn’t finished . EA just keep making NFS games every year and I really don’t think their putting enough time and effort into them . With titles like TDU ( test drive unlimited ) coming out I REALLY think EA need to pull something out their ass to save their series .

Bam’s score 4/10
BKize_GT
Drift King
Drift King

Post by BKize_GT »

^^ +999999999

Carbon sucks. Get with it EA.
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

couldnt agree with ya more on the magic of pursuits in MW. dont know what is missing in carbon but ea better put it back in
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

I think part of the magic in Most Wanted is the realistic Day/Night shifts, so it's not such a dull, gloomy environment all the time. And I think Most Wanted was really great because it brought back the racing/cop theme and had the limited customization to allow us to concentrate on the real essence of Need For Speed. If EA made a Most Wanted with amazing graphics, more cars, and more tracks with the neat vinyl system from Carbon, the game would be enough to satisfy me.
chapree
Ricer
Ricer

Post by chapree »

My only complain of NFSC (you guys already covered most of it) is that there's no LAN mode! In a country where Internet are such a slow poke at times made it useless to play NFSC online, the absence of LAN mode made NFSC popularity went down after like 3 weeks on the market.

I believe if there's a LAN mode, NFSC could maintain some of their popularity, at least for the people that into tournaments e.g WCG etc. :?

My rating: 6.5/10
downlinx_
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by downlinx_ »

definately true, i do wish there was a lan mode for it. it was real hard to get into the game when i really didnt lile MW.
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

I think MW was so great because it was the first time for realistic cops. As in more than just two folowing you and not doing anything.
Toshiro
Professional
Professional

Post by Toshiro »

No, if memory serves me correctly, NFS:HP2 was more realistic. The Helicopters even dropped bombs onto the road.

MW? Realistic? Good one.
Lan.Evo.III
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Lan.Evo.III »

And half the time, the bombs destroyed their comrades.
Toshiro
Professional
Professional

Post by Toshiro »

Hmm, not in my experience, it didn't.
SP4RCO
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by SP4RCO »

Hey dudes stop whining about NFSHP2- Apart from the ROFLcopters it was a great game 8)

I just have beat the NFSC. Was a kind of a short game... the worst parts:

1) As it has been happening for the 4 latest games, the scenario is a chaotic and irracional city. Every street seems each other, and it's kinda impossible to memorize a track, though the player feels like he's driving over the same streets all the time. Annoying.

2) The most interesting cars are unlocked when there are only 5-10 events to finish the game.

3) The performance upgrades are unlocked without any sense. i.e. I just beat Darius and it was unlocked: Professional Suspension (level 2) and Professional Brakes (level2). while the Racing Suspension and Brakes (level 3) are unlocked in previous, regular events. I mean... WTF? Darius is supposed to be the final event... why are level 2 parts unlocked there?

4) the most buggy videogame ever. i.e. It was no possible to exit the Credits screen when game was finished. I had to press Ctrl+Alt+Del

5) ending: wtf? a Nikki painting at the left, and a piece of text saying game was over. Darius final video was nice, but what happens with Cross?

6) what happens with the BMW M3? another piece of text: "your car has been totalled after your incident with Sgt Cross". ---> :roll: Texts mean low quality and lazyness!

7) I dont want a 5th need for speed underground please ;) back to the roots. No more cities, etc.
Still rolling my eyes :roll:
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

I totally agree with what SP4RCO says, but I don't mind the cities, as long as you can race on outskirts and IN CITY RACETRACKS (like in real life). Sort of like the airport races in Underground 2, but all still within the city.
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

Toshiro wrote:No, if memory serves me correctly, NFS:HP2 was more realistic. The Helicopters even dropped bombs onto the road.

MW? Realistic? Good one.
Ya, because in real life... there wouldn't be just 2 cops with you.
u_cant_see_me_dude
Ricer
Ricer

Post by u_cant_see_me_dude »

carbon cool
Cpt.Razkit
Professional
Professional

Post by Cpt.Razkit »

Carbon get repetitve. But I cant wait to get a car good enough to race Bojan =D
chapree
Ricer
Ricer

Post by chapree »

SP4RCO wrote:Hey dudes stop whining about NFSHP2- Apart from the ROFLcopters it was a great game 8)

I just have beat the NFSC. Was a kind of a short game... the worst parts:

1) As it has been happening for the 4 latest games, the scenario is a chaotic and irracional city. Every street seems each other, and it's kinda impossible to memorize a track, though the player feels like he's driving over the same streets all the time. Annoying.

2) The most interesting cars are unlocked when there are only 5-10 events to finish the game.

3) The performance upgrades are unlocked without any sense. i.e. I just beat Darius and it was unlocked: Professional Suspension (level 2) and Professional Brakes (level2). while the Racing Suspension and Brakes (level 3) are unlocked in previous, regular events. I mean... WTF? Darius is supposed to be the final event... why are level 2 parts unlocked there?

4) the most buggy videogame ever. i.e. It was no possible to exit the Credits screen when game was finished. I had to press Ctrl+Alt+Del

5) ending: wtf? a Nikki painting at the left, and a piece of text saying game was over. Darius final video was nice, but what happens with Cross?

6) what happens with the BMW M3? another piece of text: "your car has been totalled after your incident with Sgt Cross". ---> :roll: Texts mean low quality and lazyness!

7) I dont want a 5th need for speed underground please ;) back to the roots. No more cities, etc.
Well said SP4RCO!!
Raakone
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Raakone »

I agree, especially about the bugs, and the ending. And the BMW M3 could have just been explained in the scenes as in. "Your car is totalled, please pick one of these three..." maybe there could have even been an animated explanation about what each of the three cars is good for. Yes, there is no logic to performance upgrades either. And who's Bojan, Razkit? And what kind of "back to the roots" do you want? ME, I have no problem with the cities. Just mix in some backroads, more "canyon" roads, and highways as well.

~Ra'akone
speedricer
Stock
Stock

Post by speedricer »

yeah kind of a n00b, but it certainly seems to me that there is a very easy way to solve all the problems with the game. Simply the time tested method of allowing, and even encouraging hacking. Yes, you heard me. This way, not only could the fans of the series fix all ea's mistakes in this game, but because we fix it ea doesn't (they dont have to put money in it), and they can also see what is changed, and be able to tell exactly what we want in the next game. Oh, and btw, by hack i dont mean making cars fly or whatever, i mean like custom cars etc., i guess mod is a better word but, just thought id throw that out there.

Return to “Carbon”