Tired of NFS...

2006 Need for Speed Carbon
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

I'm actually not really sick and tired of NFS, not just YET. Reason being why I don't is because NFS is the only game I play and it's the most familiar, and I can safely add on that no other car games are even close to NFS.

I have been collecting NFS games since High Stakes, and I've been lovin' each and every NFS games I've played for the past 6 years. No regrets on investing my money on NFS, since I rarely buy games, or even NEVER. I don't buy games unless that game is completely worth my money and to still play it upon career completion. NFS happens to make the cut for me. :)
D00MST3R
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by D00MST3R »

Andre_online wrote:I'm actually not really sick and tired of NFS, not just YET. Reason being why I don't is because NFS is the only game I play and it's the most familiar, and I can safely add on that no other car games are even close to NFS.
first of all you nfs is the only game that you play that's the only reason that's why you haven't tired of playing this game so how could you said that no other car games are even close to nfs
I have been collecting NFS games since High Stakes, and I've been lovin' each and every NFS games I've played for the past 6 years. No regrets on investing my money on NFS, since I rarely buy games, or even NEVER. I don't buy games unless that game is completely worth my money and to still play it upon career completion. NFS happens to make the cut for me. :)
Go buy TDU it's worth your money...
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

TDU? Nah, not my kind of racing. I tried Test Drive before when I had High Stakes, I didn't like it. If TDU happens to be as good, or better than NFS, the game would have been much talked about more than NFS.
Last edited by Andre_online on 29 May 2007, 09:46, edited 1 time in total.
D00MST3R
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by D00MST3R »

Test Drive Unlimited by ATARI
search the google... for avidence
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Nah, I tried Test Drive before. It sucked, really gave me a bad impression on that game. NEVER wanna touch it again.. :?
D00MST3R
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by D00MST3R »

nah! this new episode man Unlimited it have beat the carbon boy...
It gotta nice graphics nice drive (SIM)
nice radio(i like that)
can't say about the physic but even carbon don't have good physics
jus drift in carbon and you will know by yourself

('tis mean drifting is too bad in carbon)
Last edited by D00MST3R on 06 Jun 2007, 05:57, edited 1 time in total.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Nice graphics depends on how good it runs on your system eventually. My Dell was a slightly older model, and it doesn't have Duo Core processor. NFS is still my choice, and it's gonna be tough to change my opiion about it. :P
D00MST3R
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by D00MST3R »

Okay okay stay where ever you want... in my opinion NFS was good was goOoOd.
Rayquaza
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Rayquaza »

Lan.Evo.III wrote:I liked U1, hated U2, brought back with MW and now the only reason I play Carbon is because of the dirifting.
Now why in the hell would you want to play Carbon for drifting? It was WAY too hard, and unrealistic.
NFSU2 on the other hand has a very nice and doable drift engine.

Best NFS game is Porsche Unleashed on PSX. Amazing game, absolutely loveable and addictive. I'm still playing it with enjoying it, unlike the racing in NFSU1, 2 and MW.
Haven't done Carbon on PC yet. :(
T0MMY
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by T0MMY »

Carbon is really suck but MW is rocks i have played alot of profile but i am not bored yet.
*sig removed for being too big. limitations are 550x120px & 50kb*
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

@ Andre: I tried playing an older TDU game, and now I know why you are so turned off. I'm not going to try to change your mind, but at least try going to a friend's house to play Test Drive Unlimited because it really is something totally different, if you don't want to spend your money. It probably wouldn't be a good buy for you anyway since the game requires a lot, and 8GB of space is just the beginning, but for people who have that kind of space/power, it's worth it. Not to mention downloadable cars will be coming soon for the PC version.
D00MST3R
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by D00MST3R »

at least ATARI won't let the game slip from it's plot.
even ATARI is not making only money they really making games.
buy it, play it, love it.
iFT
Ricer
Ricer

Post by iFT »

IMO, of the recent NFS games. Most Wanted and Underground were best even though I didn't play Carbon, it just didn't appeal to me.

I could not stand Underground 2, it just had too many race modes, too much unnecessary customization and a poor story line in the career mode that drifted off into nothingness about half way through. I never finished Underground 2 but got close to doing so twice, only reason I didn't on either occasion was because I got bored of the game quickly both times.

Most Wanted was brilliant, apart from the small selection of cars I thought everything was done right in that game, cop chases were fun and intense especially when first playing them or getting to higher heat levels. I still play Most Wanted to this day.

Underground was classic, right amount of tuning, all the tracks and race modes were perfect and it was always fun to play whenever.
gatman105
Ricer
Ricer

Post by gatman105 »

korge wrote:Title is self explainatory. I just want to know, who of you guys/gals, are just plain tired of the new wave of EA games and the NFS series.

I wont lie. UG1 was damnear perfect. However, to me... UG2, MW, and C to me were just blah... Same old customizing arcade race game...

To me its like going out and buying every single Madden game for each year... Especially when they all are pretty much the same thing.
I agree with you, but underground 1 never had enough cars! but boy oh boy the soundtrack 2 that game was amazing I mean i'm still listening to some of the tunes!

they cocked part 2 up because it had everything that the old one had, but it didn't have cops! most wanted to looked like EA took a step back, but they cleverly played it off to their benefit, black edition was a disapointment as i really wanted to mod that bmw m3 gtr but you couldn't buy it!

and carbon i would say that is excellent to me cause of canyon drift and muscle cars and exotic cars... but it some how doesn't compare to part 1 underground.

underground to me had a mysterious charm about it! as for this new one... pro street well i don't know what EA have got on the table but... its like they're taking a step back again but in a different way... i mean i read that their aren't going to be any new changes.. except for the fact that is legal not like street racing... and with better graphics... D'OH!

hope they have a storyline at least... and a good one at that!
Zonda_Z
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Zonda_Z »

gatman105 wrote:
korge wrote:Title is self explainatory. I just want to know, who of you guys/gals, are just plain tired of the new wave of EA games and the NFS series.

I wont lie. UG1 was damnear perfect. However, to me... UG2, MW, and C to me were just blah... Same old customizing arcade race game...

To me its like going out and buying every single Madden game for each year... Especially when they all are pretty much the same thing.
I agree with you, but underground 1 never had enough cars! but boy oh boy the soundtrack 2 that game was amazing I mean i'm still listening to some of the tunes!

they cocked part 2 up because it had everything that the old one had, but it didn't have cops! most wanted to looked like EA took a step back, but they cleverly played it off to their benefit, black edition was a disapointment as i really wanted to mod that bmw m3 gtr but you couldn't buy it!

and carbon i would say that is excellent to me cause of canyon drift and muscle cars and exotic cars... but it some how doesn't compare to part 1 underground.

underground to me had a mysterious charm about it! as for this new one... pro street well i don't know what EA have got on the table but... its like they're taking a step back again but in a different way... i mean i read that their aren't going to be any new changes.. except for the fact that is legal not like street racing... and with better graphics... D'OH!

hope they have a storyline at least... and a good one at that!
Well, to tell you the truth, i never listened to any music while playing the games, their just not right for me, and speaking of Carbon, i think it's better the UG1 man, all the customization and stuff, even UG2 is better, thats my opinion. . . . . . . .
BASGTA
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by BASGTA »

I've always gotten tired of every video game series. About a month ago I was crazy about DOOM games, I was making a DOOM II map actually. I was into CSS again, and now I'm back into the NFS series.

I don't think I'll ever get to the point of "Aw man, NFS is shiznit." and just never play it again.

Anyway, the new era of NFS games are pretty meh.

Underground 1 - Huge change, fun for a bit.
Underground 2 - Same as Underground 1, but a lot more of everything.
Most Wanted - Another nice change.
Carbon - Underground 2 and Most Wanted combined but divided in half, then half again. :P
gatman105
Ricer
Ricer

Re: Tired of NFS...

Post by gatman105 »

I think I know what you mean, I suppose thats why Pro Street is so different!
amda1
Drift King
Drift King

Post by amda1 »

for this site, U2 will always be the most important for the genre so far. It has the best customising, yet I agree the story was tons better in U1.

I have always played U2 since I joined here, will continue to do so. There is still so much unexplored there.

Look forward to the development of your game though korge, how's it going?
RazTaz11
Ricer
Ricer

Post by RazTaz11 »

Yeah...what a ripoff.
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dr Houbenheimer »

Yeah Amda I think that the UG series (esp no. 2) were the most influencial games for this site and that they had that more creative side, mainly the body tuning, it would be great to see those sort of limitless options combined with the new era vinyl system imo. Prostreet comes close though, at least at the moment it's tops in terms of tuning here. I guess that shows the depth of UG2 though, still being used just as regularly 5 years down the track as a brand new game.

Return to “Carbon”