NFS 2 HP doesnt work anymore...!

Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2, Need for Speed Porsche, Need for Speed High Stakes and older
JanMan

NFS 2 HP doesnt work anymore...!

Post by JanMan »

I have a problem with NFS 2 HP. When i start the game first all works fine but after rebooting i alway get an registry error and i should reinstall the game. So i reinstalled it but the same error. I can play one time but than again the registry error.

JanMan
SuperRacer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by SuperRacer »

Did you install any new programs just before this started happening? Try uninstalling them.
Try uninstalling HP2 again and deleting all the HP2 entries in the registry. If you don't know how to do this, tell us and we'll help you.
SuperRacer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by SuperRacer »

Funny, I just played HP2 for a while, then I tried to start it again and got the same error. If I figure out a way to fix it, I'll tell you.
SuperRacer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by SuperRacer »

Never mind, it's because I didn't insert the CD, so try that :wink:
JanMan

Post by JanMan »

ohh i should try that too!
thanks for your answer.

JanMan
esskay
Ricer
Ricer

Post by esskay »

I've seen this error before as well. The game does require the CD to be in the drive. If it isn't and you launch the game, it burps and tells you the registry or files are corrupt, please reinstall. All it really should say is "Insert CD."

Funny thing I've seen with this error is that when you install a NOCD patch for the game and try to launch w/o the game cd, it gives you the same error. The only thing the patch does is enable the game to load the data off the HD instead of the CD, but it still checks for the cd. It just makes the game load faster and cuts down on overhead that negatively impacts gameplay. The "patch" isn't a true crack as it still requires the game cd.
Koffy
Professional
Professional

Post by Koffy »

BE CAREFULL!!!
If you don't close the game well (that means if you press reset, Tab-Alt and then close, Alt+F4, double Control+Alt+Del and others) for some reason the game corrupts the files, and then ypu will have to reinstall. :x

Return to “Older Need for Speed Games”