Developing a skin pack for the Lotus Elise - NFSHP2

Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2, Need for Speed Porsche, Need for Speed High Stakes and older
esskay
Ricer
Ricer

Developing a skin pack for the Lotus Elise - NFSHP2

Post by esskay »

I've been creating some custom skins for the Elise to replace the default skins. I haven't finished the package; when I do, it will replace every skin, including the HP Elise. I'm posting some small screenshots of what I've finished so far; if you want to see a larger version, contact me either thru AIM or email me at nospam[vandyl_sk@hotmail.com]nospam and I'll hook you up.

Image (Balrog)

Image (Grendel)

Image (Nimbus)

Big thanks to my friend Aaron (owa) for letting me use some of his space while my server is down.

When I release the pack, I may release it with specs that are closer to the specs of the Motorsport Elise reported by Lotus. Any feedback you guys have, I'd be happy to hear.

esskay
SK Design (I'll post a link when I get it back up)
Rogue
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Rogue »

They look pretty good and shows ya got skill. I enjoy racing other people's designs seeming I can't make them myself.
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

Be sure to upload it to nfsunlimited when you're finished with it :)

BTW the car looks nice so far :)
esskay
Ricer
Ricer

Post by esskay »

Thanks! Yeah, I was gonna release them here and on my site. I've hit a bit of an artist's rut lately and haven't gotten much further in the elise skins but I've done a few skins for other cars. I redid one of the Porsche 911t skins to theme it after a Japanese zero fighter in its coloration and markings. It looks pretty sweet.

As far as not knowing how to do it, I never really tried skinning anything before this game. It's a study in patience and backing up original files in case you really fubar something. I'm taking my time because it still is new to me and I like the end result to look good, not hacked together.

Like I said, when I finish it, I'll be releasing it here. Eventually I'm going to skin every car in the game except maybe the police and traffic cars. My secondary goal is to not make every skin look like something out of the Fast and the Furious. (I mean, seriously, who would put those kinds of decals on a 360 Modena? Or a Murcielago?)
Rogue
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Rogue »

Congrads on your enthusiasm. I guess the only one's wanting fast and the furious decals on the 360 Modena a Murcielago would be those who particularly like the car. If I had the time and ability I'd probably try to do the type of skins that were in the original midnight gt game. The decals on them are better than those on the fast and the furious.
esskay
Ricer
Ricer

wow, site saw my cookie!

Post by esskay »

Man, it's been a LONG time since I last posted here, much less worked on those skins. I've had a rough time, harddrive failure coupled with upgrades, not to mention real life getting in the way.

Anyway, if/when I can finish these skins, I'll let you guys know.
xXx
Drift King
Drift King

Post by xXx »

It's been a while now....., glad you are back esskay...

Btw..., good luck in making those nice skins for nfshp2..... :wink:
esskay
Ricer
Ricer

Post by esskay »

oh yeah one thing I forgot to mention earlier -- nfshp2 won't install. Drive has been giving me problems. suck suck suck
esskay
Ricer
Ricer

Post by esskay »

woop, got it installed! upgraded the firmware of the cdrw with a flash util from the company's site and everything is running how it should be. Finally. Now, about those skins...
Koffy
Professional
Professional

Post by Koffy »

Very nice.
xXx
Drift King
Drift King

Post by xXx »

Just wanna say good job on your skins..... :wink:

By the way...,how long will it take until you finish the skin.....?? :roll:

Return to “Older Need for Speed Games”