NOCD not working with NFSHP2? -- Read This

Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2, Need for Speed Porsche, Need for Speed High Stakes and older
esskay
Ricer
Ricer

NOCD not working with NFSHP2? -- Read This

Post by esskay »

Alright, so I've noticed a lot of people complaining about their warez copy not working.

I have a fix that will definitely work: GO BUY A LEGAL COPY.

To follow up my words of advice, yes, there are NOCD patches, but they're intended to work with LEGAL copies. A friend of mine DID show me how to make a warez copy work, but I'm not going to detail it. At all. Don't ask. Sorry. Call me an ass, whatever, but really, it's pirating that's eventually going to destroy the supply of everything digital (music, games, everything). This world operates on profit. If there is none, it will not operate.

Bottom line: buy it.

(had to post a new thread because the thread that really caught my attention was locked)

It's good to know that mods pay attention here. Thanks guys! :-)
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

I completely agree with you, but most people just don't read the rules in every forum. And the rules are clear: no warez. And all posts regarding warez will be locked or even deleted.

Anyway if nobody bought games, there'd be no games.
esskay
Ricer
Ricer

Post by esskay »

Agreed. I give you guys props for being involved and keeping an eye out. This isn't a #warez chan in irc. When a site's legit, it's gotta be all legit.

And besides, I've gotten sick of finding hundreds of threads from people asking for help on making an illegal copy work. Warez is one of the few things in this world that does have an IQ requirement. Either you know how to make it work, or you have a friend who does.

If you don't know how, don't even bother. And seriously, save some face.

:-)
ltholmsy
Stock
Stock

Post by ltholmsy »

u guys are right to want a legit forum but if u think about it many people cant aford the actual game or they cant find anywhere that sells the game so ofcourse if u find someone that has the game u then have your chance to get it me and my bro have been after a sertain game for ages jus no one sells it tho and now iv found someone that does so me can get it wheres the prob in that if the shops wont sell em it not like they are loosing sales due to us going to a dif person they just loose buisness from not stocking them and should blame them selves
Rogue
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Rogue »

I understand where your coming from but you have to realise the legalities involved in supporting pirated games. They've been true to the fact in being legit by locking posts relating to warez and you'll find numerous other nfs forums are doing the same.
esskay
Ricer
Ricer

Post by esskay »

I understand where you're coming from too, but at the same time I'm sure a store would order a copy or you could get the game from an online site like amazon.com or the actual company that produced the game.

The ultimate question is when is enough too much? If companies are just losing money by releasing products that sell one copy and then every other copy in the world (yes, this is highly unlikely, but look at it this way for the purpose of this post) is a pirated version, that company will likely stop producing games period. The world operates on profit. If there is no profit, there will be no progress.
Rogue
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Rogue »

ltholmsy, where are you from anyway. Surely there is a shop where you can purchase a true copy of nfs6 or follow the suggestions of others and go on e-bay etc to get one.

Esskay, they have found that the nocd patches for the legit copies of nfs 6 don't work properly either as the disc has to be in the hard drive. EA has been able to program the game so it searches for the cd before loading which means that it ain't really a nocd patch. Maybe someone will work it out soon.
esskay
Ricer
Ricer

Post by esskay »

yeah, it's what I call a "legit" no-cd patch. You actually have to have the game cd for the patch to work. It allows you to keep your purchased copy in good condition by minimizing the use of the disc. You slide it in, patch it, copy the directories from cd to the hard drive, then launch the game. The game still looks for the cd, but everything else loads from your hard drive. This decreases the amount of time you spend waiting for a map to load. It also minimizes the amount of laser exposure your cd receives, thus extending its life (this is yet to be proven, but if it sounds good :wink:)

I'm not going to go any further with it because then I might as well explain how to make a pirated copy work, and I'm not going to do that.
Rogue
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Rogue »

esskay, your theory sounds about right if not it must be pretty bloody close to reality. No need for explanation of pirating as it doesn't interest me. Only like legit.
Koffy
Professional
Professional

Post by Koffy »

Have you thought that if we, normal computer users, copy a game, and don't try to sell it, it is not illegal? :o

In the license agreement there says that people are not supposed to copy the game, but the licence agreement is leaded to the OWNER of the game.
So, if you borrow the game from someone YOU DON'T OWN IT, so that copy is not illegal. :P
esskay
Ricer
Ricer

Post by esskay »

While that may be true koffy, the license agreement states that it can only be installed on one (1) computer.

Finally, I'm not going to explain how to make a no-cd patch work; it's the same for both pirated and legit versions. Pirated versions just have a couple of extra steps that you need to take to make it work.
Koffy
Professional
Professional

Post by Koffy »

You might be right about the installation in only one computer, but as I said the licence is headed for the owner, it does not apply to the person who copies it. The only thing you should take care about is the law of the place you live at.
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

Now to finish this stupid discussion...

Koffy the licence applies to the owner and in it is is written that you are not allowed to lend the game to anyone, which means that nobody can copy it.
Koffy
Professional
Professional

Post by Koffy »

You caught me there. I didn't know that. In fact, I've never read a full licence. :lol:
SuperRacer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by SuperRacer »

I think it's time to lock this thread.

Return to “Older Need for Speed Games”