Nfshp2 slow steering :(

Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2, Need for Speed Porsche, Need for Speed High Stakes and older

Nfshp2 slow steering :(

Post by Guest »

Hey!
I use a wingman formula force gp steering wheel. When i play with my steering wheel the steering is slow. I cant imagine if the game is suposted to be like this. its the same problem with the keyboard..
What should i do???
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

There is a patch available that improves force feedback. Did you install it?

Patch

Post by Guest »

Yes i have install the beta 242 patch if its the one that you mean..
SuperRacer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by SuperRacer »

I don't really know what you mean...but there is a slight delay between your input and the car's responce.
esskay
Ricer
Ricer

Post by esskay »

The only time I've noticed delay (I play with a psx/ps2 style gamepad) is when I'm not using first person view. I'm pretty sure the reason is because the physics of the game are accurately simulating the fact that it takes a short time for the car to display lateral movement initiated by turning the wheels. When you're driving, the turn happens immediately; what you don't see is the rest of the car following the change in movement. It takes a split second.

Post by Guest »

The answer above is certain.

If you still feel than turning delays with inner view you can try changing the controller sensibility.

It might be also a slowdown due to slow hardware (Video Board, Chip, not enough memory). :?
Koffy
Professional
Professional

Post by Koffy »

The one above was me.
SuperRacer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by SuperRacer »

Please stop telling us that it was you.
Koffy
Professional
Professional

Post by Koffy »

Sorry, won't do any more. :oops:
Rogue
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Rogue »

Nah Koffy, that post wasn't you, it was me...... only kidding, LOL. As for the steering wheel I stopped using mine ages ago as I found it didn't respond the way I wanted and went back to the keyboard. The response of the wheel to turn corners etc was too slow. I have a formula charger steering wheel and pedal set by thrustmaster which is sitting gathering dust and would like to pick it up again if the problem could be overcome. I have heard that better speeds on a track can be obtained by using the wheel .
Koffy
Professional
Professional

Post by Koffy »

The wheel allows you to regulate turn angles and acceleration, but if you look for something more comfortable that the keyboard you should try a pad.
I use an adapted PSX pad which is great, couse (how you should know) it has 10 buttons. With so many you can cortrol allmost everything.
Rogue
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Rogue »

Never thought of using a pad as the keyboard has become a choice of habit now and the outcome for me is better using the keyboard.
Koffy
Professional
Professional

Post by Koffy »

If you can get an old PSX control you should try using it. It is really cool.

The interphase and Drivers are a little complicate to explain, so mail me if you need info about it.
Rogue
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Rogue »

Yeah, might have a look around for an old PSX control if I can find one. It might be better than using the wheel which I seemed to lose interest in quickly.
Max
Stock
Stock

Post by Max »

I had the same problem and felt very dissapointed until I set the aerodrag coefficient to =0.

I don't know why but it worked

You can have a try
Rogue
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Rogue »

Thanks Max, it might provide mewith a reason to blow the dust off the wheel I have and give it another go...so far though it left me pretty disappointed seeming it doesn't respond as quickly as a keyboard.

Return to “Older Need for Speed Games”