Passing Test Driver mode in NFSPU

Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2, Need for Speed Porsche, Need for Speed High Stakes and older
Sootie

Passing Test Driver mode in NFSPU

Post by Sootie »

In the test driver mode, I am at the point where I have to make a GT1 do a 360. I try the same method that I use for the previous cars, press the handbrake and spin the car, but for some reason this doesn't work for the GT1. It just spins half-way then stops, even at 180mph.
Has anyone completed this section of the test driver mode. If so, could you tell me how to make the GT1 spin 360 degrees.
Thanks
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

Did you check out the tutorials on NFS Unlimited? I wrote a tutorial for factory driver with the replay of each mission. You can read it here.

In the 360 spin you have to steer in the opposite direction when you're turned for 180 degrees. And with the gt1 you just need a little more speed.

Post by Guest »

I have a replay of that mission. If you want I can send it to you.
Koffy
Professional
Professional

Post by Koffy »

The one above was me.
Rogue
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Rogue »

Sootie, all I can say is for you to keep trying and not give up. Doing the turns were a real pain for me as the car responded the same way. I use to speed up when approaching the witches hats and head for the LHS before hitting the handbrake and steering in the opposite direction, this gave me the room to spin around successfully without hitting the hats on the other side. If you find that no matter how hard you try and are still unable to do it I heard that there is a mission changer zip available at http://www.NFS-Planet.de that allows you to bypass missions etc.
Koffy
Professional
Professional

Post by Koffy »

I have to admit, that i didn't do all missions. If you got tired of making the same mission 50 times with no result, use the FILE EDITOR (which you can find in the files section), ad move ahead to the next mission. :wink:
Rogue
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Rogue »

Koffy, I'm sure you weren't the first and definitely won't be the last to use the mission changer or file editor to skip through stages. It gave me the shiznit often but nevertheless I persevered and completed without the hack. It would probably been much quicker in completing if I'd used it and reduced the cursing.
Lord Hellspawn
Stock
Stock

Post by Lord Hellspawn »

You can also steer to left hit handbreak then when car has started to turn, then turn right hit reverse and you'll get through the 180 and 360 without any hard time.

Return to “Older Need for Speed Games”