how to play with downloaded car?

Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2, Need for Speed Porsche, Need for Speed High Stakes and older
ujo

how to play with downloaded car?

Post by ujo »

hello!

i would like to play internet games with downloaded car ... how ?
and, how to play with downloaded car without included SAVE GAME?

thanks !
Rogue
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Rogue »

Try the nfs-racer.de forums I think I saw how to add cars without using save game files there. It's worth a try??
SuperRacer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by SuperRacer »

You can't play online with a downloaded car.
I assume you're talking about NFS:PU. I'm not sure, sometimes cars come as replacements for original cars.
Koffy
Professional
Professional

Post by Koffy »

There is a patch which should allow you to buy downloaded cars in carear mode, but I could never make it work. If you want to add a car which has no save game to your own you should use FileEditor.

To Super Racer: Not even if both players have the car?
Rogue
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Rogue »

It's a shame that you can't get the game to work using downloaded cars as it would probably give you the upper edge on on-line racing as the speeds they can reach are now pretty high. Would it be a matter of making a patch for it or something for it to work. Even when replacing the original porsches with downloaded one's they can't be used in evolution as it says they don't meet spec's for the race...damn.
SuperRacer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by SuperRacer »

Using downloaded cars online would be unfair. It's just like cheating in games like Counter-Strike..
Koffy: Nope, it might be possible if you play on a LAN or direct connection.
Koffy
Professional
Professional

Post by Koffy »

Rouge: Maybe I don't get what you mean, but once I replaced the 356 with the Boxter, and I could run in the evolution mode without problem. (I changed skin, modeling and performance.)
Rogue
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Rogue »

SuperRacer, yeah it is cheating but that is the reason as to why cheaters cup and the number of scratch made cars exist on the net. Everyone would be doing it.

Koffy, what I was trying to say is that people have made scratch made cars that can be used in NFS Porsche that reach sppeds exceeding 500kmph. For instance I recently downloaded a GT1 RKS Type-S series car made by Road King on nfs-racer.de that goes 970 km/h. Not bad hey?? I don't understand how they make them but they are bloody good at it.
Koffy
Professional
Professional

Post by Koffy »

Yes, I know that, but I don't understand how if the game worked replacing original cars, it doesn't work with user made cars. :?

Also there is a car here at NFS-unlimited which goes over 1000 KM/h. :twisted:
Rogue
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Rogue »

Couldn't tell you why but it just didn't work. For the car reaching speeds of 1000kph I guess its a matter of looking far ahead and ensuring you don't hit anything.
Koffy
Professional
Professional

Post by Koffy »

I couldn't get over 400. It's very difficult to turn at that speed.
Rogue
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Rogue »

I'd gather that it would prove most useful on a straight track or the circular one in the missions. Many of the tracks in nfs 5 would prove too tight.
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

BTW has anyone noticed that the there is something very wrong with the size of the cars in NFSPU? It seems especially funny when knowing that Corsica has roads that are just as wide as the cars are, but when you drive Corsica in NFSPU, the roads are even wider than on Autobahn. It also seems funny when you park a car near a hidrant in Auvergne - the hidrant is twice the size of the car.
Because of this there's also the sense of speed missing. You're driving like 150km/h through the "narrow" streets of Auvergne and it seems like you're going 80.
A solution is driving cars that go 1000km/h :P

Return to “Older Need for Speed Games”