Question: nfshp2 transmission

Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2, Need for Speed Porsche, Need for Speed High Stakes and older
xXx
Drift King
Drift King

Question: nfshp2 transmission

Post by xXx »

I'm just curious........ but can anyone tell me which transmission is better(when playing nfshp2)........?? Is it the auto or the manual............??
:roll:
viper_gts
Drift King
Drift King

Post by viper_gts »

i never use manual(too scared :oops: ), and i haven't tried this in HP2, but in some games (can't speak for them all) manual transmission allows you to go a little faster than automatic.
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

I all my nfs career I never used automatic - it's too easy :) You can get better results with manual shifting. Especially as it may help you in breaking and accelerating.
Koffy
Professional
Professional

Post by Koffy »

Bobyx is right.

Manual transmition allows better performance, but with auto you can concentrate more on the steering.
Rogue
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Rogue »

Always go the automatic when doing things like evolution but sometimes switch to manual when muckin' around.

Hey Koffy, good to see ya back dude.
xXx
Drift King
Drift King

Post by xXx »

Thanx for the answers................
It's just that everytime I play nfshp2 on the public internet game..........some guys are faster than me a lot.............even though I didn't knock around like they do.................. It's like the more they crash, the faster they go............... I'm just frustrated............ and I just couldn't figure out how they can be so fast even though they knock around and crash a lot more than I do.................. :(
viper_gts
Drift King
Drift King

Post by viper_gts »

this has nothing to do with auto/manual transmission. it's an actual glitch/cheat on the servers. i'm gonna go hunt for the topic i've seen on this and when i find it i will post the link so you can view it :wink:

there's the link
http://discussion.nd4spdworld.com/viewt ... =4763#4763
Koffy
Professional
Professional

Post by Koffy »

I've never played NFS6 unline, but I remember that in MCO, the lagging could make you move ahead, like dimension jumping.

Rouge: Yes I was out for some time I had a problem with the modem driver and was unable to connect. I had to look for a new ver.
xXx
Drift King
Drift King

Post by xXx »

Thanx for replying to my problems..........
I went to the link sent by viper_gts and the discussion forum really helped......... especially when I found out that I'm not the only one with the same problem............... I'm really frustrated by all the 'cheaters' on the public internet servers.................
But anyway........, thanx again for everyone that replied.......
I really appreciate the advice.............. :wink:

Return to “Older Need for Speed Games”