NFS 5 Problems

Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2, Need for Speed Porsche, Need for Speed High Stakes and older
LightHawk
Stock
Stock

NFS 5 Problems

Post by LightHawk »

I bought Porche Unleased a few days ago and installed it. The game ran fine until a certain point on the Normandie course where the game would just lock up. I tried various fixes, but nothing did the job. At some point I(after reinstalling a few times) became entirely unable to run the game. I just click on the icon and the hourglass pops up on my cursor for a few seconds, then nothing happens.

Whats up?
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

It would help if you wrote your system's configuration:

- OS
- CPU
- RAM
- Graphics card

Did it hang only on the Normandie track or on any track?

Post by Guest »

Windows XP
AMD Athlon 1200
256 MB PC2100 DDR
GeForce 4 Ti 4200 (64MB DDR)

Post by Guest »

bobyx wrote:

Did it hang only on the Normandie track or on any track?
The only other track I got a chance to run on was the coastal one, and it ran just fine. I emailed EA and the tech guy told me i should turn of lense flare and all will be well. Now I just need to get the game running again so I can see if he is right.
LightHawk
Stock
Stock

Post by LightHawk »

Whoops...forgot to login
SuperRacer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by SuperRacer »

He's right about lens flare. It's a bug in the game.
Did you change your hardware before reinstalling the game? I have no idea why it could happen. You could try uninstalling it and removing everything that has to do with the game from the registry. If you don't know how to do that, post here and I'll tell you how.

Post by Guest »

Let me know how to remove all of the registry stuff. I turned off lense flare on my parents computer (I installed NFS on it for testing) and the game runs just fine. I really need to get this running..soon :roll:
LightHawk
Stock
Stock

Post by LightHawk »

Help?
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

There's another thing... You say you have winxp. Did you do any of the things you have to do for the game to load (compatibility mode, delete gimme.dll)?

To delete NFSPU stuff from the registry go to start/run type in regedit and in th program that loads go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software. I currently don't have NFSPU installed so I don't know in which dir NFSPU is located. You'll have to find it and delete it. Just be sure that NFSPU is not installed when you do that. And watch out that you don't delete anything else!

Post by Guest »

Didnt work. Deleted all registry information about the game and it did nothing.

I might just format my HD....reinstall windows...then try. I seriously dont know what I did to make this happen. Very aggravating.

Thanks for the help. :wink:

Return to “Older Need for Speed Games”