ARE THAY CHEATING OR NOT

Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2, Need for Speed Porsche, Need for Speed High Stakes and older
MADSCO

ARE THAY CHEATING OR NOT

Post by MADSCO »

hi all i just want an answer to a question i have every time i play hp2 over the internet i could be driving my wheels off and hitting nothing yet the other players are smacking into barriers left and right and there still in front of me

also and i think its related say im going along a straight bit of track and i overtake another driver thay some how instantly appear about 100meters infront of me taking the lead back from me so ill overtake again and thay do the same (i know thay cant be reseting there cars as when this happens there goin at top speed and when you reset you start at a standstill)

i have also noticed if i spectate a player if thay are heading for a wall or tree or barrier then thay seem to do a slight reset before thay hit and boom there back in the middle of the track again going in the proper direction at full tilt without going back to 0mph

i know all three things are related to the same type of thing i want to know why the hell thay do this as it totally spoils the game
:cry:
viper_gts
Drift King
Drift King

Post by viper_gts »

it's not cheating as such, but more taking advantage of a glitch in the server. i don't know how to do it but..........i know it has something to do with reseting. it's a poor way to win a race anyway.......so keep trying, it is possible to beat people using the glitch......i have won quite a few races with people using the glitch and i don't even know how :wink:
MADSCO

Post by MADSCO »

well at least i got an answer dude cheers for that i thought thay are cheating i would call it cheating anyway to do anything that cannot be done in the real world or to do somthing that the game was never designed to do is cheating in my book

i guess there just sore losers and the only way thay can ever win is to cheat the way thay keep hitting the barrier like that lol

oh just another small question can i download new maps from somewhere not that there is anything wrong with the original ones just for somthing diffrent cheers
viper_gts
Drift King
Drift King

Post by viper_gts »

we cannot create new maps at the moment, cos there's no tools capable of it just now and we can't edit the existing ones either. the only thing we can do with tracks at the moment, is put different textures on them.
you can check out the ones available at http://www.nd4spdwprld.com
Rogue
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Rogue »

viper_gts, seeming I don't race online I don't quite understand what youse talk about when mentioning a glitch. I always though that the difference would of related to having someone on broadband playing against someone on normal dial-up connection, which would account for being ahead one moment and behind them the next??
viper_gts
Drift King
Drift King

Post by viper_gts »

if you check this link out rogue, it may help a little bit. there's an actual glitch where if you hit the reset button numerous times at a certain time (i think) you can gain a BIG advantage, i've experienced other people doing this and i run on broadband. hope this link helps:

http://discussion.nd4spdworld.com/viewt ... 13&start=0

Post by Guest »

hi again im not gonna say how to do it here but i tryed it myself and boom it works but its to distracting and a rubbish way to win junk id rather play the game proper
Rogue
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Rogue »

viper_gts, thanks for the link it should help me understand what the hell ppl are doing these days to win online races. Hey, there's a bit of cheatin' in all of us in that we want hacks for the game and all but glitchin' to win doesn't sound right?? I'm with "GUEST" what's the point of racin if it ain't fairly won??
Koffy
Professional
Professional

Post by Koffy »

People that get satisfaction from winning, no matter if they are capable of it or not.
Rogue
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Rogue »

True...but still seems a waste of time.
xXx
Drift King
Drift King

Post by xXx »

Yeah..... I agree with Rogue..... those people are just wasting their time.
What's the use of 'cheating' to win when the 'cheater' doesn't get any pride & respect..... :!:
Rogue
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Rogue »

Try working out through playing which of the online racers are legit and those that rely on this cheating. Remember who they are and hook up against someone else instead.

xXx, your right noone's gonna show a cheat respect.
SundayDriver

Post by SundayDriver »

Hi all

Wouldn't it be great if some bright spark could write a server script or mod that would count each players resets and display them at the end of the race for all to see...or better still, bans the player after a user defined number of resets. :wink:

Personally I never use resets - if you learn to drive properly you dont need them.
Rogue
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Rogue »

SundayDriver, agree with ya entirely.... a counter displaying the number of resets showing everyone would certainly make ppl more self conscious and less likely to cheat. They should put more effort into winning legit.
Flat

Post by Flat »

online raceing...

Post by guest »

sometimes you are to screwed by cops that you need a reset to get past them in the offline game,and online it can be a real drag to be stuck behind a rock while every player flies past you and some players just don't have the reflexes us avid racesim drivers have or our expeirience so i'd have to say let it slide and just hone those driveing skills more and stop preaching

re:online gameing........

Post by guest »

or just get the reset cheat and beat them at their own game. sorry to double post

Return to “Older Need for Speed Games”