Need For Speed 6

Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2, Need for Speed Porsche, Need for Speed High Stakes and older
King_Sanjuan

Need For Speed 6

Post by King_Sanjuan »

:?: I’ve heard on various websites, that Need For Speed Hp 2 will not have a damage model for the cars, is this true, or is it mere speculation?
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

I actually went to check out some movies on this matter and there really was no visible damage on the cars even after some serious crashes.

The EA representative who posted a few posts on EA's boards didn't mention it either.

On IGN's gamecube review they wrote that the cars cannot be damaged, probably due to licensing agreements).

The only question is if this is limited to the consoles version or will pc version be without a damage model too?
Erix
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Erix »

No damage, no cockpit view.
If that's true I'm getting second thoughts about buying the game.
SuperRacer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by SuperRacer »

I only read this about the gamecube version so hopefully the other versions have it.
Erix
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Erix »

There's hardly any info about the PC version. It's a bit disappointing seeing all the focus on the console versions... For a PC damage and different camviews are no luxury in a modern (street)racing game. The nfs community is based on the PC game but we get very little specs about the forthcoming release...
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

PS2 version has damage!
IGN's NFSHP2 PS2 review wrote:It's long been an article of faith that heavy car damage modeling is forbidden when you're using licensed cars, but Hot Pursuit 2 gives the lie to that notion. After my first race with the Ferrari 360, I was reminded of the lines spoken by that kid on the dirtbike in The Rock. Every car can be damaged, including scratched paint, smashed windows, bent bumpers, crumpled body panels, and steam rising from broken radiators. This doesn't affect performance -- the only damage that can actually stop you is slashed tires -- but it's certainly a cool cosmetic effect, and another element of the whole test-drive fantasy. In this world, not only can you afford to drive all these cars, you can afford to drive them as if you didn't care how much they cost.

The problem is that all the info on NFS games available is on non-EA sites. EA doesn't even care about promoting of its own games
:?
Erix
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Erix »

If it's on PS2 it definitely will be on PC. EA is a strange company. Being one of the big boys obligates you to take care of your customers and dedicated fans of your top series. After all they keep your company alive. The updates on the official site aren't very impressive or at least regular. Not even a high-res pic is available. However, the most important thing is the quality of their games which is in fact very high. You know a game from EA is (almost) always ok.
Winston
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Winston »

Well... I just installed the demo of NFSHP2, and I'm not very impressed... too much arcade style... too little sim... but this will hopefully be different when playing the career modes that are gonna be available in the full version... And I couldn't see/notice any damage at all either, even after hitting several bombs dropped in front of my car by police helicopters... :?
Erix
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Erix »

There really is damage. Try to make a frontal crash and you see the hood all messed up. I've had damage at the rear also but it does not affect the driving at all...
After a couple of spins I think the game is more a game, in relation to its predecessor. Nfs5 was more like a sim (stock cars). The demo feels a little like driving nfs4 cars (handling) on nfs5 tracks (size). The cars look great though and so does the track!
Don't look at it as a real-life driving experience, it's just about fun.
Winston
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Winston »

Of course it is just a game... but I still like NFS PU better... can't help it ;) No matter what, I will probably try the full version of the game before I say anything more about it...
Q Don Quinlan
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Q Don Quinlan »

Winston,

I'm with you on this one, NFSPU is my personal favorite too. I did pre-order the PC Version, so I'll see if it was worth it or not.

I also agree with Erix about the feel of the game. I went back and looked at the NFSPU Demo the files were slightly different with a *.dec file (not sure if they really are different except by name). I'm hoping that the PC Version will be better and that this demo was more of a say, xbox comparison rather than a look at the PC Version.

Either way, I'll let you know when it shows up to the house. Anyone get all 4 cars into one track yet..?

I have both demo's but all 4 cars in one game would be better.

:) Q
Erix
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Erix »

According to the guys at nd4spdworld.com who played it, the final version is way better then the demo. Let's hope we can rely on their judgement!
SuperRacer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by SuperRacer »

They also say that there is damage in the final version.
Wheelie

Dammage

Post by Wheelie »

I'f seen it, I downloaded the US version and I saw the hood almost faling off, and a few scraches on the side.

And I have the only Graphics card mentioned in the read me ! :cry:

I can set all my Radeon 8500 settings to the highest (exept AA, AA off ) and in the game car and track to the higest, but I have to set the other setting (details) to medium if I wanna play longer than 5 seconds (and reboot).

And I hope you can choose the camera in the replay in the real game. :?
Thug Soul
Ricer
Ricer

AAAAArrrrrrggghhh !!!!

Post by Thug Soul »

What!?!?!? No dashboard!?!?

I didn't download the demo becouse my connection is too slow :(

And no damage!??! But i heard it is very demandable game (if it's right expression :) )
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

BTW has anyone noticed there are no record lap times?
This is an arcade racing game and the record lap times aren't even saved. :(
NFSfan
Stock
Stock

Post by NFSfan »

I sprung for the PC version. Why? Cause it's Need For Speed! Who would ever think that EA would treat the PC gamers as secondary? I read that EA is releasing a patch... This would be a graet chance for them to upgrade their PC game, to the level of (what I here) ps2 is. So after you're good enough to out-run everything, what's left if you can't set/beat records?

Also, why are all the cars for sale/displayed twice? It's confusing until you figure that out (I knew I bought that car, why is it locked?)
SuperRacer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by SuperRacer »

There's an NFS version of each car. According to the game it has improved handling and higher speed.
Frogbones360
Stock
Stock

Post by Frogbones360 »

Ok fellas, I have the PC version of nfs6. The Game is pretty cool,....well.............except that the force feed back is weak. I have a Wingman Formula GP with FFB. I thought it was broken when I played the Game. I had to play my Other nfs games to see if it was. It's not broken, works fine with the other ones. But nfs6 it was just a joke. Another thing there is damage, ...pretty cool damage, but no friggin replay camera options. That just burns me up to no end!!!!!! Great graphics, ok play action, nice police AI. But NO dash, NO replay options, and the force feed back is weak!!! :x Not to trash NFS6. I Respect ALL nfs games. But I don't think EA respected us, on what we would like with this release. I'd would expect this kind of crap on a console game but not a PC version. I still play the Game and enjoy it. But it could have been better. Anyways that my two cents. :?

Post by Guest »

is there a button to make a screenshot???
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

No. You'll have to use a separate program to take screenshots.

Post by Guest »

what program??
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

SuperRacer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by SuperRacer »

Try HyperSnap, it's on that page. It's a great program.
sierra
Stock
Stock

nfshp2

Post by sierra »

i think its a pretty good game all in all maby not as realistic as say pu or as as many options in race-mode(multi-player hotpursuit ) as the original hp but if were lucky someone will come up with an addon or maby ea will all things considering it is a very good game and i would buy it again :mrgreen:

Return to “Older Need for Speed Games”