any1 herd of nfs fast grafics patch??

Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2, Need for Speed Porsche, Need for Speed High Stakes and older
SaltyPickle

any1 herd of nfs fast grafics patch??

Post by SaltyPickle »

any1 herd of nfs fast grafics patch?? on nd4spdworld.com. no download it!
it slows up nfs high stakes. or maybee its patch 4.50.... don't know which one it is.........
Rogue
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Rogue »

How's about looking in the readme file and telling us which as many would like to know...thanx.
SuperRacer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by SuperRacer »

It's on our Utils page...
So you're saying it slows down HS?
SaltyPickle

Post by SaltyPickle »

yes, it slows down hs! when i start, the guy says the ready set.....go! on a BMW M5 i was, and it was 4 mph in only 3 secs. tht is a problem. :#
SaltyPickle

Post by SaltyPickle »

I DID FULL INSTALL......
SuperRacer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by SuperRacer »

So what does the speed of the car have to do with the graphics? This is a graphics patch. I don't know why you're going so slow though. Maybe your controller isn't configured properly.
SaltyPickle

Post by SaltyPickle »

Maybe.
Rogue
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Rogue »

Nevertheless SaltyPickle, thanks for your input.

Hey SuperRacer, can you suggest a couple of good 'A' class cars for the high stakes trophy that are pretty quick. So far the one's downloaded from the site are either slower than EA basic cars or ain't allowed in the race because they don't meet vehicle specs..Is there a way around this and enjoying racing high speed cars???
SuperRacer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by SuperRacer »

I've no idea. I haven't played NFS4 in a couple of years and I never really got into career mode.
You can probably use NFS Wizard to edit the cars and make them faster.
Rogue
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Rogue »

Thanks anyway man, never really thought about editing 'em. I guess it's a good way to pass the time for me until nfs 7 comes out as didn't think much of nfs 6.
Stereo
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Stereo »

i figured it out.... install 4.50 patch first, then the fast grafics patch. new nfs5 d3da.dll file checked. old unchecked. install. 3d setup, Direct3D Device 1 selected. ignore error. run high stakes. (on XP the menu runs for about 15 mins or so, then goes back to desktop. so know which car ur choosing, before you play..) hope this helps stuck people on software render....

Stereo. a person with lots of Q's, less A's. Q & A: qustions & answers.

Last edited on August 28th, 2003. 9:28 PM.
Rogue
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Rogue »

Thanks for that stereo but am still looking for a site other than edgefile to download the patch from. So what has the porsche file got to do with it??
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

Are you having problems downloading from edgefiles?
Because I hear of lots of ppl who download with either terrible speed, or don't download at all. This all seems strange to me as I can always download the file normally.

To keep it clear - don't select the first server on edgefiles unless you're on dial up connection.
Select one of the other two, but choose the one that is not full (the bar on the left displays the load).

If it really doesn't work, choose filefront.
Stereo
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Stereo »

the porshce file give the graphics from porsche unleashed. (not all stuff but very much better.) PLUS! nd4spdworld does NOT do edgefile... :wink: . and NO, no probs with edgefiles. thats my answer.

I'll report to you my new forum when my dad sets it up. (its an NFS forum) my forum will probably not have any posts... so please post. no one will come until i tell about it. thats why its really weird. Only my friend will visit first probably. IF you visit and follow rules for a month, you will be a moderator of my forum. Even friends have to be good for 1 month. but you can log in as a guest...
Stereo
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Stereo »

just kidding! you have to be a member for 8 months.
Rogue
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Rogue »

bobyx, seeming I'm on dial up I gotta use the first one and have an understanding of the meaning of the bar graph. However, each time that I tried downloading the patch with gozilla I got the message saying that it was probably just hmtl file. Even upon trying to recapture it I got the same message. I decided to download the file anyways and ended up with a .cgi file which couldn't be opened. Maybe I need to find it elsewhere. I've had the problem a couple of times with edgefiles when linked from nfs unlimited.

Hey stereo thanks for explaining the file better....good luck with ya forum.
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

There may be problems with gozilla... You could always try downloading with your browser and when the download starts, copy the exact location of the file to gozilla. But anyway for such short filesyou don't need gozilla, only if you're on a very unstable connection (connection hangs up often).
Rogue
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Rogue »

I've always had gozilla there and it doesn't effect any of the other files that I have previously downloaded from other sites. Its main advantage is that if I choose to pause downloading for a while and come back to it the following day then it is possible. I only get that message from edgefiles so maybe something may be wrong with the setup there. Who knows?? Anyway, thanks for the quick response..
SuperRacer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by SuperRacer »

Programs like Gozilla often have problems with sites that link to files using scripts, not directly.
Rogue
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Rogue »

ok, so do you know of a better download program that offers the ability to pause downloads and pick 'em up again later???
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

I've heard GetRight is good...

But when you have problems with download managers, you can always get the exact file location by first starting the download with your browser.
SuperRacer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by SuperRacer »

I use FlashGet.
xXx
Drift King
Drift King

Post by xXx »

Why not use Download Accelerator...??
I still use it since last year..... :roll:
Koffy