Porche Unleashed - Looking for No CD...

Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2, Need for Speed Porsche, Need for Speed High Stakes and older
DOH2003
Stock
Stock

Porche Unleashed - Looking for No CD...

Post by DOH2003 »

I've tried the link at NFSU, but it points to the 3.5 patch. I am using version 3.5, and I am begining to think the problems I'm having are CD related (I can hear the CD heaving away right before it crashes). No help from EA at all.

Thanks.
Rogue
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Rogue »

DOH2003, the porsche no cd crack that you seem to be looking for can be downloaded from either of the following sites:

http://www.megagames.com/cracks/html/c32835_0.htm

You would find though that the v3.5 updates file you mentioned has been combined with the noCd hack.

As for hearing the heaving noise from your computer I would probably say that there could be a few reasons for this which are:

1) you don't have the latest drivers for your video card (which can easily be downloaded from the net)
2) you don't have enough RAM to run the game properly
3) you don't have the minimum of 150mb HDD space left on your pc
4) you don't have the recommended 300mhz Intel Pentium pc
5) your running windows xp which can cause similar problems on ppls pc's when trying to play porsche which give the same problem as you've written. If so plz read suggestions put forward on the forum by others who have overcome this.

You may want to also try reducing the graphics settings for the game towards the minimum which may be of help. The above mentioned things are only possible causes as you haven't mentioned the specifications of your computer.

Let us know how you get on....... Good luck.
SuperRacer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by SuperRacer »

The link here doesn't point to teh 3.5 patch. There are 2 links, No CD Patch and No CD Patch 3.5. Download the one without the 3.5.

Post by Guest »

Thanks again Rogue. I'm afraid I'm either losing a fan or my CD drive, and it appears to be the CD drive. It's fine for most stuff but games take forever to load and crash fairly often.

I appreciate the info.
Koffy
Professional
Professional

Post by Koffy »

I have the same problem with my 50X cd-reader, so I use my 40X CD-RW. It is alittle slower, but works much better. However I will be buying a new computer, and deassemble mine to take some parts from it, so I will probaly clean tha readers lens. I did it with my audio CD deck, and it works fine now.
You can try doing that if you dare :? . Just clean the lens carefully with some cotton with alcohol. (I used isoprophilic alcohol.) Let the alcohol evaporate for some minutes after cleaning, before using the drive.
Rogue
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Rogue »

Thanks Koffy for the tip, I think my cd-rom is overue for a clean. Can get the stuff from work.
Nitro
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Nitro »

Guys I haven't used the no cd patch and even though,when i start the game if i press ok when it demands the cd it continues but without showing the intro movies and goes right to the splash screen...The only "problem" is that, sometimes, when i exit the game it gives me an error like sth exception in memory, but that's no real problem...Don't know how...I haven't done anything...
Rogue
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Rogue »

Nitro, that's real weird about the game working without neither the cd or cd patch. Mine use to keep asking for the cd until I put the patch in which takes me straight to the splash screen after pressing ok for the cd. Nevertheless, if yours is working fine then don't do nothing but play which will ensure that it continues to work fine. The exception error you get may be because some of the cars youhave installed aren't right or something??
Nitro
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Nitro »

Rogue i don't think the error is about the cars i have installed..Maybe when you exit the game, it must read a file from the cd or sth like that..The error message is not a real problem because it appears after leaving the game(when i see the desktop). To be honest,I have never paid attention to read what it says :oops: I rarely play without cd.
Rogue
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Rogue »

Just thinking about the cars because when I used some it game a similar message when exiting. Nevertheless, get a screen shot of the message and post here. Someone has to know the answer???

Post by Guest »

I finally cleaned my cd-reader yesterday. It had so much dust in it, I had to use a vacuum cleaner to take off some of the dirt. :?
Koffy
Professional
Professional

Post by Koffy »

It didn't work. :evil:
I think I'll try with a crowbar. :twisted:
Koffy
Professional
Professional

Post by Koffy »

Forget what I said. The drives work perfectly with Win98, but in WinXP, one can't read at all, and the other fails to read some cd's.
Rogue
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Rogue »

Maybe the crowbar ain't that bad an option after all hey koffy??
Koffy
Professional
Professional

Post by Koffy »

No, it is in fact: To fix the problem I thought. "Well the super-new driver of WinXP, with it's electronical sig and all does not wor. In the other hand, the old junk driver of Win98 works. Ok. I'll try to use the Win98 driver in XP. :shock: " It works now. So, I thought of taking my crowbar, and inserting it into some WinXP fracture, and start pulling, untill I get to make a hole big enough to use it as a trash can. :D
Nitro
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Nitro »

Finally I'm using my pc again!!!Rogue here's the screenshot of that error..I noticed that I get it every time I race in a track and pass the finishing line.If I quit before that,the error doesn't appear.So it must have to do with some file that needs to be read by the cd.Though I ain't got any problems while racing... :D
Attachments
error.JPG
(15.21 KiB) Downloaded 3767 times
Rogue
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Rogue »

Nitro, sorry about the delay in responding to your post. Luckily I haven't come across it previously. Have you tried re-installing the game and then using the no cd patch to see if it corrects the error reading????????

Return to “Older Need for Speed Games”