NFS-PU Control's Prob Changing

Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2, Need for Speed Porsche, Need for Speed High Stakes and older
Southern Belle
Stock
Stock

NFS-PU Control's Prob Changing

Post by Southern Belle »

Heyal,

I'm new here ...-Hello-...

I have a question re: changing the controls in game. I have a wheel and when I try to change the control button for the shift up actually any button, I have to click and click to get to the "enter button to use" key but it doesnt stay. It ends up resetting a with different key thats already in use.

Is there a way to do this? Am I just missing something cuz I can't figure it out.

Would appreciate any help on this please.

Thank you,
SB
Ricer
Ricer

Steering Wheel

Post by 666 »

Hello SB,

I think I know what it is, I don't have a wheel but an ForceFeedBack JS (of MS :oops: ), when you set the wheel in NFS be sure to center all the other axes of your wheel. I have a throtle and with some games it only works if it's dead center.

To be certain, goto the joystick device (configuration panel) and check if all the axes can be centered with out them moving. Else you have to change the "Dead zone" settings (if you have this option :? ).

Good Luck !
wmbatts
Stock
Stock

Post by wmbatts »

Hey SB,
What type of wheel do you I have? I have an older Vtech steering wheel that I have to use 2-axis, 4-button controller to get it to work properly. Also some of the buttons duplicate each other so I have to be careful when mapping buttons on the wheel. Good Luck
Radioman

Post by Radioman »

wmbatts, i don't know how to solve it, but i figured out how the problem works.
Go to your NFSHP2 directory and open controller, there you'll see 2 ini files. if you open them you see all the controllers that are supported in the game. I have the same prob, and i tried to add a controller, but it doesn't work. maybe you can figure this out?

Greetz,
Radioman

Return to “Older Need for Speed Games”