NFS HP2 restarting!

Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2, Need for Speed Porsche, Need for Speed High Stakes and older
Stereo
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

NFS HP2 restarting!

Post by Stereo »

Why does it restart after about 10 minutes of gameplay?!? (I posted this in MY forum, where there are much less people. So I ask here.) WHY?!? If you know how to fix this, post it in this topic please. It can be a registry tutorial also. Just post how to fix this please. :( :|
Koffy
Professional
Professional

Post by Koffy »

It can happen if you're overclocking either the processor or the video board, or if one of these are overheating, because of some cooling problem.
viper_gts
Drift King
Drift King

Post by viper_gts »

could either be what Koffy said or one of you're fans are screwed....you're not overclocking, take the side panel off you're tower and switch on you're pc........then check and make sure all you're fans are spinning.
Stereo
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Stereo »

Yup, My fans are all working. But I don't get Koffy's suggestion
Koffy
Professional
Professional

Post by Koffy »

If you don't know what overclocking is, then you are not doing such thing.
The CPU or videoboard may overheat for some problem in the ari circulation. When that happens computers use to crash at all or partially, or polygons get missing, in case of VB. To make shure the tamp. your CPU has there are some programs. You should use the one recommended by your mainboard manufacturer.

Another test would be: take off one of the side pannels of the computer. Turn it on and run NFS till it crashes. Then, put carefully your fingers over the heatsink/disipator/bigmetalthing of the CPU. It should be arround 55/60°C. If it is hotter you will realize, because after some time your finger will start to "burn". If the temp. of this one is ok, then more carefully place your finger over the place where your video board main chip is (at the other side of the board. Chip is facing down place your finger on top). Make sure you keep the fingers away from any metal connections in the board. This should be hotter, arround 70, maybe 80°C. If it id hotter, you wil definitely know.
Stereo
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Stereo »

sorry, explain easier, only 9 1/2 years old. Before, it NEVER restarted.
Stereo
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Stereo »

I got this Temp & Fan program. The temp now is: (IN CELCIUS) CPU: 33 System: 44. And it shows some kind of fan faliure pic. Its also "LABELED" 'fan faliure.' The program is called VCool.
Stereo
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Stereo »

Please reply sooner. I'm not playing it yet and I'm going crazy!!
Stereo
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Stereo »

Thx for the advice. I fixed it. I installed DirectX 8.1, and it worked. But your suggestions might have to be important later in my life. Thx again.

Stereo

Edit: Oh! and please lock this topic. Thanks.
Koffy
Professional
Professional

Post by Koffy »

You should get PCAlert4 for temp reading. It seems to wor better. Download at http://www.msi.com.tw

Return to “Older Need for Speed Games”