Porsche Unleashed update

Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2, Need for Speed Porsche, Need for Speed High Stakes and older
Wolf266

Porsche Unleashed update

Post by Wolf266 »

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone had the patch avalible or know where one can be found. I tried the link on the site in the utilities page but the patch is missing a file and crashes. Im running winXP

Thanks!!
Winston
Ricer
Ricer

How to update NFS PU to v3.5, when running Windows XP

Post by Winston »

By doing the following, you will semi-automatically update NFS-PU, which will allow online multiplayer play.

Here is what you do:

Step 1. Be sure your EA Updater is in the default location before trying this (c:\Program Files\EACom\Update).
Step 2. Make sure no other programs are running, except maybe your browser.
Step 3. Be sure you are connected to the internet.
Step 4. Go to START -> Run and put the following line in the input field:

c:\Progra~1\EACom\Update\buddy.exe -pid -16546117 -launch c:\Progra~1\EACom\Update\EAUpdate.exe -reg 14077 -cdrv CDROM:\ -noupd

Remember to replace "CDROM" with the correct drive letter of your CD-ROM drive!
Then click on the OK button.
Step 6. What you should observe is see some things downloading and copying files to your NFS-PU.

This is a semi-automatic update, since it is automatically updating the proper files, but you have to initiate it manually.

:)
Wolf266

Post by Wolf266 »

unfortunetly that didnt work, i got an error message telling me to call EA :evil: . I did actually read the instructions for the patch i downloaded through the utilities page. however now it crashes immediately. Any suggestions...

Wolf266

Post by Wolf266 »

Nevermind....It worked. I just looked at the other post and notice you have to type in the info while in command. but Hey Thanks a million!!! :D
Winston
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Winston »

You're very welcome :)

But are you saying that this command doesn't work from START -> RUN directly, but it works when you do it from Command Promt? Did you use "command" or "cmd" ?
Wolf266

Post by Wolf266 »

I used Command.

Thanks again 8)

...have been wanting to play on-line and now i can :twisted: oh, do you know if the servers are running or are they down? i had to do a direct connect to play tonight....i tried connecting to the server but it just sat there saying it was connecting for ever.
Winston
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Winston »

I'm sorry, but I have no idea about the servers...

However, I've set up a guide on how to update NFS-PU in WinXP, and it can be found at http://forum.nfsunlimited.net/viewtopic.php?t=62

The way it is written now, it should work for most people. :)

Please, let me know if you have any additions/corrections/suggestions.

Post by Guest »

go here to get ea support instructions on updatin the easy way. http://eatech.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/eate ... PTE*&p_li=

Return to “Older Need for Speed Games”