Will you get NFS:HP2 for PC?

Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2, Need for Speed Porsche, Need for Speed High Stakes and older

Will you get the PC version of NFS:HP2?

Yes
88%
No
13%
I don't know
No votes

Total votes: 8

SuperRacer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Will you get NFS:HP2 for PC?

Post by SuperRacer »

The PC version is coming out on Monday, October 21st. Will you get it? I think the demo is horrible, and if that's the way the final game is going to be, it's not worth $40. If the final game is good, then...isn't the point of making a demo to show how good the game is?
I'll probably get it still...
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

Yeah I'll have to buy it too because of the website - gotta write tutorials, give people help and so on :)

And I've also owned all NFS titles (except nfs2se and nfs1 - had nfs1se).
Q Don Quinlan
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Q Don Quinlan »

My game arrived last week, I bought a new computer the day after that. Wow, you really need a good machine, but thats cool.

The Camera angles and replay... are sad.
I really do like the Jump Cam and 360 Cam though I did turn off the 360 Cam early because it got old quick (nice option though)
Damage is OK, I like the hood flying up, but compare to NFSPU it is lame.
Graphics and the Sound are impressive... (with the exception of when you redline the engine which sounds horrible compared to NFSPU's engine sounds)
I miss the HUD along with all the other options in NFSPU.
Car Handling is totally different, which I prefer how it was done in NFSPU

No Garage..! Wow and where are the part upgrades...?

Anyway, I do like it and didn't mind the price of the game as much as the price of the new computer that let me max out the graphics...

Get the game if you have a killer system...

Hopefully, just maybe they will make an Expansion Pack, like some of the other games.
Star Trek Vogager Elite Force Expansion Pack gave you the ability to walk around the ship. One for NFS6 could include "Car Editing" and things like better reply options. Although an expansion pack would cost you, I'd like to see it and would not hesitate to buy it. People are working on Mods and if you look at the Offical Website it mentions "More Cars to come", whatever that means.

Apparently NFSHP2 was witten for DirectX 9.0 and 8x graphics cards...

I bought the new "Asus A7V8X" motherboard to support all this, but no one has released a good 8X card yet. I will upgrade to the "Asus GeForce 4 Ti 4200 8X 128mb" graphics card or better in a few months, along with a processor upgrade to replace the AMD Atholon XP 2200+ processor I have now.

I did put 1GB of ram in this one and it seemed to help and Nvidia is close to releasing another Detonator Driver as well. My hope is that Direct X 9.0 will solve most of the problems people are having.

Bottom-line here is...

1. Can you afford a new computer..?
2. Don't compare it to NFSPU or you will be disappointed.

In my option NFSPU is still better... however NFSHP2 is alot of fun in it's own right.

Just my thoughts...

:D Q
SuperRacer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by SuperRacer »

bobyx wrote:Yeah I'll have to buy it too because of the website - gotta write tutorials, give people help and so on :)

And I've also owned all NFS titles (except nfs2se and nfs1 - had nfs1se).
The only game I don't have is NFS2:SE. Can't find it anywhere.
Erix
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Erix »

I still miss nfs1 and nfs2se.

I will not buy nfs6, at least not for now.

Am I getting too old for arcade racing :?
Ricer
Ricer

I got 2 of them !

Post by 666 »

Game came out here in Holland yesteday, bought it yesterday, did not sleep at all !

On my Athlon 2100xp with Radeon 8500 it runs nice at 1024 32 bit with the car high and the rest low (when I drive alone).

On my Athlon 1000 with Nvidea 1 it runs nice at 800 32 bit with the car high and the rest low (when I drive alone).

Tracks are great, cars drive great only that replay thing.... :?

I checked a few files and I saw a mirror thing and a reverse thing but alsow a night / rain and snow thing, so you can not choose it but i guess it cumes in the game somewhere.

Return to “Older Need for Speed Games”