nfs6-lockups

Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2, Need for Speed Porsche, Need for Speed High Stakes and older
Radman
Stock
Stock

nfs6-lockups

Post by Radman »

i'm having a big problem getting nfs6 to run more than 2 minutes without locking up my system. have tried minimum settings, medium settings, defaulted my vid card, minimized vid settings on card, etc. own ALL prior nfs games, all run perfect. i can run max settings on porsche and IL2 with great results. whats up? all suggestions appreciated.
System: amd 1.2 tbird
512 mb mem at 2 cas
ATI 64ddr vivo (Rage3d)
MS pre pro whl (non feedback)

am running DX8.1b, driver 4.13.01.9031, have trouble with newer catalyst drivers. 9031 gives me 3DMarks in the 4500 range. ati on minor oc at 183 (166). HELP!!!!
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

You forgot the most important thing:
What's your OS?
SuperRacer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by SuperRacer »

I have no idea what the problem could be. Try reading the readme's that came with the game.
Radman
Stock
Stock

Post by Radman »

the os is 98se. the readmes havent helped, though i havent exhausted all that i could try yet. what i find strange is how well all my other games run, at max settings, and decent frame rates. my vid card is by no means state of the art, and i wonder if nfs6 is TOO sophisticated for it to run. a ATI 9700 pro is soon to reside in my case, that may be the answer. but i have so far been able to solve every thing this system has thrown at me, and have learned much in the process.
where at first the game would run fairly well, then lock up, now it stutters and i have no color display, only shapes in off white. should be a clue, but damned if i know what to do with it! appreciate some ideas from those who might be able to help.
Radman
avel
Stock
Stock

i really think your vid card memory is too overclocked

Post by avel »

NFS6 is a new game it probably stresses your vid card a lot more now. I have a Geforce2 mx with mem at 183 but i got UT2003 and it would mess up so i clocked it down to 178 and now it runs fine. so turn the memory speed down a bit.

Return to “Older Need for Speed Games”