NFS:HP2 spotted in Chicagoland Best Buy

Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2, Need for Speed Porsche, Need for Speed High Stakes and older
wmbatts
Stock
Stock

NFS:HP2 spotted in Chicagoland Best Buy

Post by wmbatts »

Yesterday I saw HP2 in a Best Buy!!! Time to kill the piggy bank!
SuperRacer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by SuperRacer »

I think they were selling HP2 PC for only $35 a few weeks ago.
Rogue
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Rogue »

I bet your probably regretting the purchase after readingthe postings from others regarding nfs 6 poor quality. Not sure about buying it as the demo doesn't look to good.
CowboySlick05
Stock
Stock

Post by CowboySlick05 »

The game is great! The graphics are petty good and the game play is AWSOME! There are definatly some things that could be improved, but it's a lot of fun... and ou can always take it back. I am getting a racing wheel w/ force feedback to enhance the game even more. I would definately buy it, and if you find you don't like it... return it.
Rogue
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Rogue »

CowboySlick05, good to see some optomism about the nfs 6 game of the series. many have said in the numerous forums visited that it lacks the enjoyment and challenge that was found in nfs 5. As mentioned, I have only played the demo of it given the fact that no review on any forum has really had much positive to say but rather focused on the shortfalls. I guess your right in saying that if not happy with the game you can always take it back.

As for force feedback many have said that it is weak. Lets hope you get a better response from the wheel you purchase.

Post by Guest »

I found NFS6 disapointing, but that depends on the type of racing you like.

But if you decide to purchase it, be shure your computer is powerfull enough to run it propperly. (My junky 750Mh. processor makes the game slow, an kills a lot of the fun.) :?
Rogue
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Rogue »

I don't think your alone in the disappointment of the game and you are also right in saying it depends what type of racin' you like. It shouldn't run too slow on your 750Mh. processor, maybe it's your graphics card that might be slowing things down.
SuperRacer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by SuperRacer »

Heh, a fast computer won't help much. I played the game with a P4 2.26ghz and a GeForce 2. Then I got a GeForce 4, didn't see much difference. The FPS is still about 30-40 :( EA didn't optimize the graphics engine, that's the problem.
Koffy
Professional
Professional

Post by Koffy »

It was me the one of the 750 mh, just a login problem. No, I dont think it's my video board, I have a GeForce 2 MX400 64 mb, and 320 mb RAM.

And by the way, SuperRacer, where the hell did you see a 2.26 ghz? I thougt 1.8/1.9 was the fastest until now, but it seems I was wrong. :?
SuperRacer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by SuperRacer »

There's already a P4 3.06ghz...
Rogue
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Rogue »

SuperRacer, if the problem is the FPS being about 30-40 because EA failed to optimise the graphics engine, has a program been developed or in the process of being developed to fix this shortfall of the game???
SuperRacer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by SuperRacer »

No, I don't think anyone ever does that for any game.
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

About the fps... When the fps is above 25 it doesn't matter whether it's 26 or 126. You can't spot the difference. So if your framerate in the game is constantly at about 30 it isn't a problem. It can only be a problem if it keeps falling under 25.
Koffy
Professional
Professional

Post by Koffy »

Well, there is the Graphic Patch fo NFSHP, maybe we should ask the creator is something can be done about NFSHP2.
Rogue
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Rogue »

Thanks bobyx, i guess then it is a matter of manually ensuring that the fps keep falling under 25 seeming no patch etc exists or is likely to be made.
SuperRacer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by SuperRacer »

bobyx wrote:About the fps... When the fps is above 25 it doesn't matter whether it's 26 or 126. You can't spot the difference. So if your framerate in the game is constantly at about 30 it isn't a problem. It can only be a problem if it keeps falling under 25.
It's 30-40 most of the time but there are still quite a few slowdowns.
Rogue
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Rogue »

So then, staying below 30 would result in better game play as it won't slow as much??
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

Slowdowns occur when there's a lot of objects on the screen which take a lot of processing time. It is best that your framerate is as high as possible so that in these situations it doesn't fall under 25fps which you would notice.
Koffy
Professional
Professional

Post by Koffy »

What about cop cars and oponents running in fron of you. It produces a big slowdown.

Return to “Older Need for Speed Games”