nfsps game crash after select car

Ask and answer questions about Need for Speed ProStreet.
Be sure to search first!
fme008
Ricer
Ricer

nfsps game crash after select car

Post by fme008 »

everytime when i play career, when i go and select a hex-editing car, especially the koenigsecc ccx, either in my garage or when i am choosing my car for the event i get the "nfs.exe has stopped working," is there any way to fix this? i am running vista home premium 32-bit. core2duo t7300 @2.00ghz, 2047 mb ram, geforce 8600m gs 256 mb
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Re: nfsps game crash after select car

Post by prince1142003 »

1. What's your game version?
2. If you've applied the 1.1 patch, make sure you've applied the correct one.
3. Make sure your hex-edits are correct.
powerof1000
Drift King
Drift King

Post by powerof1000 »

I would recommend re-installing the game, re-installing the 1.1 patch, and then go here to get a patch that adds more cars to the car lot.
www.soundcloud.com/spyre
fme008
Ricer
Ricer

Post by fme008 »

i did those, now whenever i go into the car lot to buy a car, some cars like the koenigsecc ccx and the lamborghini supperleggera car image won't load, it'll just keep saying "Loading...", and also wrong car data (like 0-60mph in 0 sec., etc.)

also my game still crashes when i go into my garage and select the koeniggsec car.

should i just delete this save file and start over?
powerof1000
Drift King
Drift King

Post by powerof1000 »

fme008 wrote:i did those, now whenever i go into the car lot to buy a car, some cars like the koenigsecc ccx and the lamborghini supperleggera car image won't load, it'll just keep saying "Loading...", and also wrong car data (like 0-60mph in 0 sec., etc.)

also my game still crashes when i go into my garage and select the koeniggsec car.

should i just delete this save file and start over?
Did you hex-edit manually? If not, which program did you use?
www.soundcloud.com/spyre
Andreaz1
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Andreaz1 »

As these people have already said -- Make 100% sure you have downloaded the right patch, I tried those cars too, my game crashed when I chose them too, but now it works :mrgreen:
Messoras
Stock
Stock

Post by Messoras »

For everyone still facing this problem:
To save your savegame and sell the bugged CCX, you can go into your game folder > CARS > CCX
Take all files from there and make a backup of them, then delete them. Next go to any other car folder, copy the files from there and paste them into the CCX folder (also probably rename the damage file). Now you can launch the game, sell the CCX (which will be displayed kinda buggy) and save the career.
Next close the game and revert the CCX folder to normal.
Now you cam buy a new CCX in the game, but dont use the wideboy on it this time...

Return to “Help & Support”