Microsoft Sidewinder Brake Pedal and Carbon

Ask and answer questions about Need for Speed Carbon.
Be sure to search first!
YamahaATV
Drift King
Drift King

Microsoft Sidewinder Brake Pedal and Carbon

Post by YamahaATV »

Does anyone know if there is a compatibility issue with NFS Carbon and the Sidewinder's brake pedal? I can use the brake pedal to move the selection in the windows down, but I can't seem to make it work as the 'brake/reverse'.

Any help would be appreciated...

yeah yeah, even veterans ask for help sometimes... :lol:
BluePhirePB
Drift King
Drift King

Post by BluePhirePB »

I use to have that problem. Don't run the wheel using the drivers. Just let the game controller handle that. Then completely reconfigure the wheel and the brake pedal should work. Mind you, in Carbon, you have to shift to reverse. You can't just hit brake to reverse.
marcox
Stock
Stock

Post by marcox »

I also have the same problem... Can you explain me step by step what have you done?
What do you mean whit "don't run the wheel using the driver".. Thanks in advance..
rx7i2
Ricer
Ricer

Post by rx7i2 »

BluePhirePB wrote:I use to have that problem. Don't run the wheel using the drivers. Just let the game controller handle that. Then completely reconfigure the wheel and the brake pedal should work. Mind you, in Carbon, you have to shift to reverse. You can't just hit brake to reverse.
Can you elaborate on using the game controller to handle that?
phunkyone
Stock
Stock

Post by phunkyone »

Does anyone have real instructions on how to fix the brake issue with the Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback Wheel. The brake pedal doesn't work on mine either - it's pretty frustrating to hit a button and have full brake instead of an actual pedal.

Thanks!
YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by YaelDjiel »

look for a 'seperate/combined' setting for your pedals in the drivers
if its on seperate, set to combined or other way around
this should fix it..
phunkyone
Stock
Stock

Post by phunkyone »

YaelDjiel wrote:look for a 'seperate/combined' setting for your pedals in the drivers
if its on seperate, set to combined or other way around
this should fix it..
I have the Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback wheel. I don't see any driver settings. Does anyone else use this unit and see those?
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Check in Control Panel > Game Controllers. You need to set the brake and accelerator on a combined axis for it to work in NFS.

Return to “Help & Support”