'Savegame95' CD Key

Ask and answer questions about Need for Speed Carbon.
Be sure to search first!
amda1
Drift King
Drift King

'Savegame95' CD Key

Post by amda1 »

Hey I just got need for speed carbon, and downloaded a 100% save file.

The save file is the one from this site, from the Utils & Saves section, called 'Savegame95'.

It says I need to download a hex program to find the cd key and change it in order to run the game.

I downloaded cygnus, and opened up the file. The numbers highlighted are the closest I could find.

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g78/a ... os/grr.jpg

Am I doing something wrong? What does offset mean in relation to hex editors?

The instruction in the readme file says:

1) download Cable or any other Hex Program
2) run it and open the save game file you downloaded
CDKEY starts at offset 0000003c
20 Char long (this is near the beggining of the file)
CDKEY ends at offset 00000050

it should be very easy to find

Well, I dont know how to use a hex program, could someone tell me the code if they downloaded this savegame, or at least tell me how to use this hex program?

Thanks I appreciate it :)
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

There's no longer any need to hex edit a savegame to make it work. gnagna2000 has released a tool that forces Carbon to load any savegame. Once loaded, the savegame can be saved and the game will write the correct checksum and cd-key into it.

If you google her name, you should stumble across her website from where the tool can be downloaded.
amda1
Drift King
Drift King

Post by amda1 »

thanks!

do you know how to use it, all I get when I download the file is this:

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g78/a ... os/gr2.jpg
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

Extract it out of the zip, and double click it to run it. It's a program. Be sure to download the correct version for your game version. Also know that you need to run the game first, Alt+Tab out, and then run the unlocker. Otherwise it won't work.
amda1
Drift King
Drift King

Post by amda1 »

ok nothing happened with what you said:

where do I extract it to?
there are only versions, one called 'Unlocker' and one called 'Unlocker 1.3' - because my version has no patches installed, I assumed to use 'Unlocker'.
I cant run the game first, as the point is the game doesnt work with other save files - do I run the game, press alt tab, paste the save file in and then run the trainer - should the trainer be anywhere specfic, like in the save game folder?

sorry, its just nothing happened, I am really confused - I appreciate the help :)

I would appreciate a comprehensive outline on how to use it.
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

Ok, to calrify, what you downloaded was a ZIP file, which is basically a compressed file that has other files in it. Think of it as a filing cabinet holding files inside it. To use a file in it, the file must be taken out, or extracted. AFAIK, it doesn't matter where the unlocker is extracted to.

First, put the save into your Carbon savefiles folder. Remember to create a folder name with the exact name of the savegame file and put the savegame file in that folder. Now when you load Carbon, you will be presented with a Click to Continute screen. At this screen, Alt+Tab and load the unlocker. In the unlocker, choose the option Load ANY savegame and Alt+Tab back to NFSC. Now load the savegame in question; it should load. Once loaded, Alt+Tab back and deselect the option in the unlocker. Now go back to the game and save. If all went well, you won't need to use the unlocker for that savefile again.

And if you're wondering, the version of Carbon you have should show up in one of the corners at the Click to Continue screen. An unlocker only exists for versions 1.2 and 1.3 so it might be wise to patch your game if you don't have one of those two versions.
GodSpeed
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by GodSpeed »

amda1 wrote:ok nothing happened with what you said:

where do I extract it to?
there are only versions, one called 'Unlocker' and one called 'Unlocker 1.3' - because my version has no patches installed, I assumed to use 'Unlocker'.
I cant run the game first, as the point is the game doesnt work with other save files - do I run the game, press alt tab, paste the save file in and then run the trainer - should the trainer be anywhere specfic, like in the save game folder?

sorry, its just nothing happened, I am really confused - I appreciate the help :)

I would appreciate a comprehensive outline on how to use it.
Place the Unlocker into the Main Dir Of game where the carbon.exe is. run from there.
Also use the version unlocker that matches the version of game. unlocker v1.2 = NFS Carbon v1.2 .

This has a readme and explains how to load a save game it might be easier for you. uses a different tool.

http://www.nfszone.com/uploads/nfsc_unl ... dspeed.zip

It uses SaveVal.exe . as long as you put the saves in ( my documents\NFS Carbon) foldername of save = ACED . the save profile would be CED they add an A to the front of each save folder and save file.

until you understand the way carbon works it might be easier to use SaveVal then later move on to the other tools like prince is using.

If you really want to use the unlocker by Gnagna2000.

then put the savegame folder into My Documents\NFS Carbon

Example: My Documents\NFS Carbon\ACED\Aced <---SaveFile.

load game at "CLICK to continue" start unlocker from games main Dir.

Use load any save Option at this time.

Click the Continue.

Load the save Profile.

At Main Menu, Choose Career then scrool to the right and save profile.

Unload the load any save Option at this time. Enable ( Unlock Series Cars/Upgrades) Option at this time and go back to game and play. you can goto the carlot and buy any of the 60+ cars now. Enjoy the game.

I hope this helps you out, let me know how this worked for you.
amda1
Drift King
Drift King

Post by amda1 »

ok :D thanks for the heads up

sorry if I seem a bit slow..

Here is what I did

1. Downloaded your version
2. I copied the ACED save file and folder into My Documents/NFS Carbon
3. I used SaveVal to validate this save game, and a message told me I was succesful.
4. I ran the trainer and then the game - the game didnt work with the trainer already running
5. So I tried pressing alt tab at the click to continue screen and then opened the trainer - a message said that the trainer had experienced a problem and had to close.

I tried using the other trainer.

1. I place the ACED file and folder in the saves directory
2. I ran the game
3. I minimised the game at main menu and executed the trainer (in the main dir)
4. Nothing Happened.

I dont know what to do.

The original save file I downloaded said I needed the cd key from where the 100% save file was created, and to find it I needed to use a hex editor.

Well, if you created your save file on your computer, could you look on the back of your manual for nfs carbon and give me the cd key

I think it is the only solution left

Thankyou for your patience :)
GodSpeed
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by GodSpeed »

amda1 wrote:ok :D thanks for the heads up

sorry if I seem a bit slow..

Here is what I did

1. Downloaded your version
2. I copied the ACED save file and folder into My Documents/NFS Carbon
3. I used SaveVal to validate this save game, and a message told me I was succesful.
4. I ran the trainer and then the game - the game didnt work with the trainer already running
5. So I tried pressing alt tab at the click to continue screen and then opened the trainer - a message said that the trainer had experienced a problem and had to close.

I tried using the other trainer.

1. I place the ACED file and folder in the saves directory
2. I ran the game
3. I minimised the game at main menu and executed the trainer (in the main dir)
4. Nothing Happened.

I dont know what to do.

The original save file I downloaded said I needed the cd key from where the 100% save file was created, and to find it I needed to use a hex editor.

Well, if you created your save file on your computer, could you look on the back of your manual for nfs carbon and give me the cd key

I think it is the only solution left

Thankyou for your patience :)
The SaveVal.exe will show you the cdkey. you choose the profile you want to load and apply, then exit that app. load game.

if you use the unlocker tool it will change the cdkey for you & patch the edited save file for you. follow the rest of the instructions me and prince have given.

Not Sure what version of game your running
http://gnagna2000.free.fr/

If you are using game v1.2 download unlocker v1.2 from the site above

you might need a codec to run this video H264 codec VP60. No sound (smaller Video File)
http://www.free-codecs.com/download/K_L ... c_Pack.htm

Here is a link to the video on what you need to do to play other saves
http://rapidshare.com/files/6794015/save3.rar.html
Last edited by GodSpeed on 09 Dec 2006, 22:48, edited 4 times in total.
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

Before anything, reinstall Carbon. Your need to make sure your CD-key is working alright.

After reinstalling, put the downloaded savegame into the Carbon save folder. Now load Carbon. After the intro movies, you should be at the screen that says CLICK to Continue. Alt+Tab out and run gnagna2000's Unlocker. Select the option Load any savegame and go back to Carbon. Now load the profile that you just put in. If you only had one profile, Carbon should load it automatically. Once the savegame is loaded in Carbon (i.e. you're at the main menu), Alt+Tab back out and deselect the option in the Unlocker. Now go back to Carbon, choose Career, scroll to the right, and select Save. Make sure that the option in the Unlocker is unchecked. After saving, the savegame should load every time now.

If you still keep having problems, please let me know which unlocker you're using and your game version. Also let me know which savegame you're using.

Additionally, I forgot to mention this before, but you need the Collector's Edition in order for the downloaded save or the unlocker to work.
amda1
Drift King
Drift King

Post by amda1 »

sorry I was so long in replying, I tried everything you said, its probably a problem with my system

anyway I got a friend to read the code in a hex editor and it is working great now - thanks for all the help I appreciate it

Sorry for reviving an old thread, you can lock it now 8)

Return to “Help & Support”