carbon crashes

Ask and answer questions about Need for Speed Carbon.
Be sure to search first!
Jana
Drift King
Drift King

carbon crashes

Post by Jana »

its like this:i play carbon normaly,everything goes smooth,but sometimes it just crashes,like i see the black screen and then the message shows up,you know those options debug,dont send and send report,that kinda stuff!
i really dont know whats wrong,anybody knows something about this kinda problem?
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Well, the game does crash fairly regularly - it seems to happen here most often when flipping through the car select screen, but it can really happen at any time. However I've never seen any debug messages - the game just quits and you're back to the Windows desktop - no messages, no dialogs, nothing.

In your case I think you should do everything you can to make sure your PC is in good health. The first thing to try will be to update your video drivers, and while you're at it, you might as well bring your sound drivers up to date too.

Beyond that, make sure you're current with Windows Update - at least install any critical updates that may be needed.

It's also possible that the game itself has become corrupt somewhere - a fresh reinstall should fix this.

Remember though, even when you've done all these things and everything is sweet, the game will still crash occasionally. I've learnt to view a crash as a sign I need to take a break. :wink:
t3ice
Professional
Professional

Post by t3ice »

I dont think there is a single person who's copy of Carbon hasent crashed yet :P

And GT is right, the game crashes alot especially when in the car selection screen :D
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Oh one more thing - make sure you're not running bunches of other programs while you're playing NFSC. Close down any unneeded programs, including anything you don't need from the System Tray (those small icons near the clock). The less your PC has to do, the more stable Carbon will be.
Jana
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Jana »

do i really have to close those programs?you know,im downloading stuff all the time but dont worry its all LEGALY!
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Well, you want to solve the crashing problem don't you? Just close the non-essential stuff and see if it makes a difference.
Jana
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Jana »

ok tnx
evilmegamonkey
Professional
Professional
Location: If this post is recent, probably in front of a computer/I heard this thing will cut you off from typ

Post by evilmegamonkey »

I think downloads continue whether or not the program is open

Matter of fact it downloads faster when it isnt open
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

How can a program run when it isn't running?
hugh750
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by hugh750 »

I Keep getting the crash to desktop, And i do have the 1.3 patch installed (what a joke the 1.3 patch is)! :evil:
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

You could try running some compatability options.
MrPalmont
Drift King
Drift King

Post by MrPalmont »

hugh750 wrote:I Keep getting the crash to desktop, And i do have the 1.3 patch installed (what a joke the 1.3 patch is)! :evil:

When I was playing Carbon with 1.2 , game crashed like every 2 houres.
After I downloaded 1.3 it almost never happens

Return to “Help & Support”