Undercover/ProStreet/Carbon Texture Editing Tutorial

Discuss editing Need for Speed Carbon.
Sixty10
Stock
Stock

Re: ProStreet/Carbon Texture and Vinyl Editing Tutorial

Post by Sixty10 »

I was excited to try this but then I remembered Im on a laptop so I can export the vinyls ha ha. So much for me assembling a garage full of JGTC cars.
RedCarDriver
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RedCarDriver »

@ race_invader: Not much but it's something, great work. All I've done so far is make Stage 3 and 4 Endless brakes by replacing the textures. :roll: I could probably also make regular Murcielago lights for the LP640 but I don't think many people would want that. :lol:
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

Thanks RedCarDriver, you haven't done much but at least your doing something :P imo i wouldn't mind trying out regular Murcielago lights, although if its got 3D parts it might be hard. :)
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Reventon anyone?
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

I've fixed the Nissan skyline rear lights to a more higher texture, seeing its all new i also improved the braking light & damage light. So overall it has a more realistic effect, no longer dull and darkish also adds more colour to the rear light. :) If anyone wants to download and try it in their texmod just ask me. :)

Credits: Thanks to codemasters for the texture from their game 'Race Driver: Grid'. :P
---

Old:

New!
yakuza
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by yakuza »

Hi guys. Been a long time since I haven't been on here and I see that everyone is doing well.

Anyway back to the topic, umm, how should I put this :? . I Just downloaded texmod and I must say it's a useful tool for making dream cars :D , but I am having this one problem with editing the car's emblem and some of the shadowing of the door handles :x . and i was hoping if one of you guys could help me. Because what I'm trying to do is change the corolla part to the Sprinter, the Toyota to the Trueno, and the GT-S to the APEX without having the color in the background.
Thx in advance 8) .

Also nice mods everyone. Oh and sorry if my graphics are kinda crappy, this 7 year old computer really needs an upgrade :oops: .
Attachments
Everything that's circled in red is what I 'm having problems with.
Everything that's circled in red is what I 'm having problems with.
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

I can do this for you. :) Except where 'Twin Cam 16' is do you need that changed too? :)
------

What you think?

RedCarDriver
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RedCarDriver »

@ Race_Invader's Skyline mod: Okay, but it's too bright and looks sort of weird. Nice work though.

@ Trueno mod: "Aphex" :lol: (sorry, but that's sort of funny)
Here's a reference to what it looks like:
http://initiald.sega.com/
(not the entire rear end is visible, but enough is)
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

APHEX?
yakuza
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by yakuza »

race_invader wrote:I can do this for you. :) Except where 'Twin Cam 16' is do you need that changed too? :)
------

What you think?

@race_invader I like it very much :D , but instead of APHEX it should be APEX. Oh and no the 'Twin Cam 16' logo doesn't need to be changed, but is it possible to put it next to the APEX logo on the rear instead of having it on the sides? One more question, can this be used with only one base color or can it also be used with different coloured vinyls?

Ex. the stock vinyl that comes with the Corolla GT-S when you buy it from the car lot, you see on the side 'GT-S Twin Cam 16'... ahh! anyway i hope the pictures can explain it better than me. Sorry if I'm asking too much out of you, I appreciate what your trying to do for me 8) .

Last edited by yakuza on 03 Aug 2008, 08:09, edited 3 times in total.
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Ask for the .png so you colour the texture... but leave the windows black,
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

baumaxx1 wrote:APHEX?
Ummmm, yeah i know that's wrong i forgot to mention i was rushing to get pictures shown etc.. If it was done i would of posted the file. :D
----------
yakuza wrote: @race_invader I like it very much :D , but instead of APHEX it should be APEX. Oh and no the 'Twin Cam 16' logo doesn't need to be changed, but is it possible to put it next to the APEX logo on the rear instead of having it on the sides? One more question, can this be used with only one base color or can it also be used with different coloured vinyls?

Ex. the stock vinyl that comes with the Corolla GT-S when you buy it from the car lot, you see on the side 'GT-S Twin Cam 16'... ahh! anyway i hope the pictures can explain it better than me. Sorry if I'm asking too much out of you, I appreciate what your trying to do for me 8) .
Yeah, ill fix that 'aphex' thing.. I cannot remove the APEX from the sides when editied, cause this is just editing the badges etc. So as you saw it is how its gonna have to be unfortunately. Like i said this is editing the badges of the toyota so this will work on any colour and vinyl etc, nothing will go wrong. :)
yakuza
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by yakuza »

Yeah, ill fix that 'aphex' thing.. I cannot remove the APEX from the sides when editied, cause this is just editing the badges etc. So as you saw it is how its gonna have to be unfortunately. Like i said this is editing the badges of the toyota so this will work on any colour and vinyl etc, nothing will go wrong. :)
Sweet man 8) . KUDOS =D>
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

I will post the file up when i fix that APHEX... :lol: Then when you have the file just load it into your Texmod then there you go! :P
---------

Edit: Okay, here is the file.. :) If any problems just post back here.

Download Link - Rapidshare
yakuza
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by yakuza »

Flawless race_invader, absolutely flawless =P~ . I take my hat off to you kind sir. :P

Thanks for the logo textures 8) .

Return to “Editing”