NFSU2: How do i find out what version it is?

Ask and answer questions about Need for Speed Most Underground 2.
Be sure to search first!
cywr
Ricer
Ricer

NFSU2: How do i find out what version it is?

Post by cywr »

What the title says.

I played this game before on an older computer, patched to what i then believed was the latest version, and it worked fine, never crashed or anything.
Built a new PC, and installed the game on that one, applied the same patch (1.2), and it crashes all the time, typicly when entering a new race/shop. but sometimes during a race or whilst browsing upgrades in a shop.
I presume this is a patch issue (mind you this is now the third install trying to get it right), and i'm not sure how to check what version of the game it is to verify that the patch is installed correctly.

I've already done the usual of getting latest drivers (bar the eSATA driver, but there is no way that is an issue). Could the game just behave wierd with newer hardware. I'm still using XP (Vista can wait another year before i even look at it).
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

Go to where you installed the game. Generally it's C:\Program Files\EA Games\Need for Speed Underground 2.

Right-click speed2.exe and select Properties. Under the Version tab you should find the info you're looking for.
cywr
Ricer
Ricer

Post by cywr »

Hmm, i don't have that version tab (but i do have it on an older machine with Novell Client installed).
Isn't there an ingame way of seeing it?
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

Strange that you don't have the version tab.

Generally after patching, a file called patchlog.txt is generated in the folder where the patch exe is located. Check that file to see if any problems were encountered during patching.

I'll look at my U2 installation later when I get home and get on my machine.
cywr
Ricer
Ricer

Post by cywr »

Hmm, no patchlog.txt either.

I didnt install the game in the default location, would that be an issue?
cywr
Ricer
Ricer

Post by cywr »

Hmm
Otherwise any advice (or links to threads) that address persistant CtDs and how to try and resolve them?
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

What you can do to check whether yours is the European or the US version is actually pretty simple. Here's what you should do:

Step 1: Launch the game
Step 2: Go to the Car Lot or a place to buy cars at
Step 3: Check the cars. If your lot has the Honda Civic and the RSX, then you own the US version. However, if you find the Peugeot 106 and Opel Corsa, then you own the European version of the game. :)

I don't know if this would help, but you can try. :)
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

He meant patch version, not country version :roll:

Good tip though, I never knew that.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

I think if he'd want the patch version he would have gotten it right away when you start the game in the launch screen. But before he could download that new patch he needs to know which version of the game he has first. D'oh? :P
cywr
Ricer
Ricer

Post by cywr »

I mean patch version. I know i have the European version (i'm a sucker for the 106, but then i drive a real one so..). I don't know if the 1.2 patch i'm running is actualy patching the game.

Return to “Help & Support”