[NFSU2] Constant lockups and weird consequences

Ask and answer questions about Need for Speed Most Underground 2.
Be sure to search first!
Vladan
Stock
Stock

[NFSU2] Constant lockups and weird consequences

Post by Vladan »

It doesn't matter on which screen I am or what I am doing at the moment and it is happening frequently. The game just lockups for like 10-60 seconds, completely killing off my CPU (meaning I can't ctr-alt-del or alt-tab out of it) and when it starts working again after that time passes, the textures are all mixed up, literally. For example, building have textures from vinyls, cars have menu button textures, menus have road sign textures, etc. I can fix that by going to menu and toggling any option which causes graphics reinitialization (like light trails or blur).
Also, sometimes it even happens that the game doesn't recover and I have to reboot the system.

I have Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 3600+, 8600GTS 256MB (163.71 drivers), 2GB DDR2 and am running the game on Win XP in 1280x1024 with all settings maxed out. I have also applied the 1.2 patch, but only for the reason that without it the max resolution is 1024x768 and my TFTs native resolution is 1280x1024.

If anyone has some solution I would greatly appreciate it because currently the game is almost unplayable :(
YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Re: [NFSU2] Constant lockups and weird consequences

Post by YaelDjiel »

have you tried installing the AMD dual core fix?
unsure if this would help, but worth a shot i guess
Vladan
Stock
Stock

Post by Vladan »

Yes, I installed that months ago. I tried also manually setting CPU affinity to just one core, but it doesn't help.
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

What kind of video drivers are u using?? I have a 8600GTS and I'm using beta drivers for XP....remember these cards works on VistaCrap lol..
U should look for them....maybe ur using the vista ones....who knows... :roll:

Xturbo

Return to “Help & Support”