How can I change rims in NFS HP2? and or the skin.

Discuss editing Need for Speed.
avel
Stock
Stock

How can I change rims in NFS HP2? and or the skin.

Post by avel »

I've been messing around for the past hour and haven't gotten anything I do to work. I downloaded Vivmagic and the fshtool121. I have edited the bitmaps but nothing has changed in the game. So am I editing the wrong files? And I want to know how a alpha file works. Any help would be appreciated.
Scott.Ex
Stock
Stock

Post by Scott.Ex »

I´ve sent to you and e-mail but I don´t know if you received.
Think that your problem is that you don´t use the fshtool with teh index file that is with the BMPs after editing them.

Don´t know the use of the alpha file. Personaly use with the photoshop
for making the selections :?
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

There are tutorials available for editing in NFS Porsche at Erix's Porsches.
FyreKrotch

alpha bitmaps

Post by FyreKrotch »

:D after some careful playing around in photoshop, the alpha bitmap is how the light works on your car when its being rendered.
First, you should look at the vehicle.ini file and check the

specular_red=#
specular_green=#
specular_blue=#

those values are what color the light change on your car will be. so lets say you have a black skin for a car. you can set the specular values (Red,Green,Blue) to something like 255,0,0 for a red. so when you are driving your car and the light hits it, it starts to change red. this is also known in the real world as iridescent paint.

now more about the alpha file. everything that is white in your alpha is where the light will shine the most. for which parts are black, you dont get any of the specular light coloring. therefor, if you have it like it is where it fades from white-to-black as seen in all default alpha bitmaps, the top of your car recieves the most light and the bottom recieves less. its also kind of a shadow like look. basically, if you take a white part of the car in the alpha bitmap file and put a solid black logo on it, the logo will be there on the paint (in black) when the light hits that spot on the car. if you were to make the entire alpha bitmap black and then have only parts of it white (like making a logo or maybe flames down the side of the car) and only the flame part is white or a variation of a shade other than black, then the logo/flame will only show up when the light hits it.
-I haved used this effect for my lisensce plate, it is solid until light hits it just right that you start to see what it says.

now, also in the vehicle.ini file-

specular_paint_exponent=5.0
specular_glass_exponent=40.0
specular_rubber_exponent=60.0

those are the values for how reflective the those parts of the car will be to the specular light. also, the-

paintr=192
paintg=13
paintb=53

are the RGB values for what color the icon is when you are selecting your car, you can change that for each skin :)

I hope this helps you and everyone else that might want to know how to make some nicer skins with some effects that havent been used yet. Look for a Virtual-Hideout.net "fun-mod" coming out soon. as we have some new skins and a few features to make multiplayer that much better.

Have a nice day!! :D

Post by Guest »

There are tutorials available for editing in NFS Porsche at Erix's Porsches
I think he was talking about NFS HP2, and I would also like to know how to create skins...

Return to “Editing”