Exporting textures with Oedit

Discuss editing Need for Speed.

Exporting textures with Oedit

Post by Guest »

hey guys, just a quick question, is it possible to export cars WITH the textures? i have been able to export the shpae, but not the textures...any help is appreciated...

thks again.
Jamps
viper_gts
Drift King
Drift King

Post by viper_gts »

to alter the textures u need to use vivmagic to unpack the skin.viv, then use fshtool to convert the .fsh files to .bmp files. after u have done this u use a program like photoshop or paintshop to alter the paint job on the selected cars .bmp. once uv'e made all ur changes click on the index file in the skin folders (the ones u unpacked to start with), this will convert the .bmp files back to .fsh files. then repack them with vivmagic the same way u would with the car.viv. hope this helps 8)

Post by Guest »

Thank you viper_gts. Your reply is exremely appreciated. but what i meant is, that in Oedit i am able to view the car with full texture. I exported the shape successfully to 3ds max, however, i could not do the same for the texture, i have to unwrap them all over again. Is there a way to export the texture mapping to 3ds max also? or do i have to remap them all over again in 3ds.(Which is a BUMMER!)

THX again.

Jamps

Return to “Editing”