Bugs & Glitches in Need for Speed: SHIFT

2009 Need for Speed SHIFT
arabnight
Drift King
Drift King

Re: Bugs & Glitches in Need for Speed: SHIFT

Post by arabnight »

umm we getting a little off topic aren't we? also new bug..im trying to play this dam thing on my laptop
alienware
intel core2 duo t9300 2.5g
4g ram ddr2
64bit windows 7
8700gtm 512mb

they game loads..to a black screen and just stayed there, i left to the supper market and came back and still black...any body have the same problem?

umm never mind i got it to work..dont know it just worked out of no where.
Atominist
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Atominist »

I got a 4870 X2 a year ago thinking it was the most future proof card available card at the time cos it had DX 10.1, since then there are still lots of DX 9.0c games being released (Including NFS Shift). Heck, I've only got a couple of DX 10 games (Far Cry 2, Company of Heros). And with DX 11 about to come out looks like I got the wrong card, again. This whole Physx thing sucks bumbum, why didn't they just use Havok like everyone else LOL.

I haven't experienced any crashes yet thank god (I relay hate the load up times cos of stupid EA Nation). I do get some slowdown/stuttering on certain tracks, Brands Hatch is bad coming down the hill after Druids Bend, it's almost as if there's a memory leak.

Almost max settings, 0 AA, 1024 x 768
Q9450 @ 2.66
4Gb @ 800
4870 X2
Vista 64 SP1
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

@ arabknight: I would've thought drivers or something, or a restart. Other than that, laptop support could be an issue since an 8700 isn't a regular card. But good that it works now. There are just a few pitfalls to watch out for.

Why not use Havok? Optimisation. With PhysX... Shift isn't that CPU intensive, lol. It lowers the requirements for Nvidia users, lol. Unfortunately, there are issues with ATI, possibly that were unforeseen in the design stages.
zedex
Drift King
Drift King

Post by zedex »

hmmm the bounce glitch is weird... or did the patch sort of fix it???

I retried the Carrera GT event and the Veyron on Nurburgring event (video here) and they were both perfectly fine? o.O

I haven't had a bouncing car in a LOOONG time!
Isaac_Mcfailpants
Stock
Stock

Post by Isaac_Mcfailpants »

>Sigh< I got the game on PS3 last week and havent played it untill today...... I really thought this would be a pretty good game At first... But this is the glitchyest game I have ever played...

Ok first thing I notced was that After battling against the already CRAPY vynil editing (that doesnt let you change the colour and size of vynils and doesnt have a mirror option o.O) when my car spawns at a race, all the Vynils turn out all deformed and twisted!!! WTF!!!

Oh and did I mention That I dont want people walking THROUGH my car at the start of races!!! >_<

Furthermore... there is also the "bouncing car" glitch that you PC gamers were getting mad about... But what about the Ripple strip catapault? thats right, My car is launced into the air while driving or stopped on a ripple strip...

And when I enter drift comps, cars make no sound... And on the subject of Audio, What happened to the good ol days of having a menu soundtrack? Honestly, WHO THE HELL wants to sit around and battle with the customization listening to the overwhelmingly loud sound of SCREECHING TYRES, CRASHING VEHICLES and DISTRESSED SIGHS AND PANTING!!!!!! OMFG! those kinds of sounds are proven to raise stress levels thus shortening your life!!!

And did I mention the INVISIBLE WALLS! uhuh, im driving down the main straight of Spa, and my screen goes all grey and blurry!!! WITHOUT TOUCHING ANYTHING!

WTf.... they did have a Good Idea though.
zedex
Drift King
Drift King

Post by zedex »

Isaac_Mcfailpants wrote:>Sigh< I got the game on PS3 last week and havent played it untill today...... I really thought this would be a pretty good game At first... But this is the glitchyest game I have ever played...

Ok first thing I notced was that After battling against the already CRAPY vynil editing (that doesnt let you change the colour and size of vynils and doesnt have a mirror option o.O) when my car spawns at a race, all the Vynils turn out all deformed and twisted!!! WTF!!!

Oh and did I mention That I dont want people walking THROUGH my car at the start of races!!! >_<

Furthermore... there is also the "bouncing car" glitch that you PC gamers were getting mad about... But what about the Ripple strip catapault? thats right, My car is launced into the air while driving or stopped on a ripple strip...

And when I enter drift comps, cars make no sound... And on the subject of Audio, What happened to the good ol days of having a menu soundtrack? Honestly, WHO THE HELL wants to sit around and battle with the customization listening to the overwhelmingly loud sound of SCREECHING TYRES, CRASHING VEHICLES and DISTRESSED SIGHS AND PANTING!!!!!! OMFG! those kinds of sounds are proven to raise stress levels thus shortening your life!!!

And did I mention the INVISIBLE WALLS! uhuh, im driving down the main straight of Spa, and my screen goes all grey and blurry!!! WITHOUT TOUCHING ANYTHING!

WTf.... they did have a Good Idea though.
THAT... is a VERY glitched game... I haven't had ANY of your problems other than bouncing cars... which seems to have magically disappeared for some reason...

where did you get your copy from?!?
drew91781
Stock
Stock

Post by drew91781 »

This might be a new one. I'm in a works only race, driving one of the R35's so I fall back and let a few drivers pass. I make my way back through the ranks, I get to second only I can't see anyone in front of me. I'm clearly in second place, so I think 1st is just around the bend, then I get to a straight-ish area. I can see first on my mini map, but no one is in front of me. Well I keep driving like a bat out of hell, needless to say I found him, but only by rear ending him. I wanted to get video of this so I went to the replay. Well damn it I could see the car in the replay. I really wish the guys at Slighty Mad would have slighty MORE time on this game and got these things right!
arabnight
Drift King
Drift King

Post by arabnight »

wow u did get a very glitchy game, well mine seems to run ok but after playing half a lap on my laptop i turned it off cause it just didnt feel right it was choppy and all messy and loss the feeling of speed everything was sliding . -sighs- guess i gota build a new pc..
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Hey, you have an 8700m... are the drivers the latest so that PhysX is enabled?

About bugs and glitches... if you have an Nvidia 8 series + make sure physX is running... otherwise, I have no idea what's up because my copy doesn't have any of this.
arabnight
Drift King
Drift King

Post by arabnight »

everything is on and i dont know i guess i gota try it again.
Atominist
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Atominist »

Arghhh, just found the most annoying bug EVER! During a replay I went too take a pic when I tried to connect to EA Nation my internet connect died (my ISP fault not EA). When I pressed escape to quit EA Nation it went back to the replay but there were no icons, I pressed 2 to show them, nothing, I pressed escape to quit the replay, nothing. Nothing worked, so I had to ctrl alt del out of the game loosing all the points I had scored.

I then punched a hole in my chair. You have been warned.
arabnight
Drift King
Drift King

Post by arabnight »

oh thats horrible
GINIX_2007
Professional
Professional

Post by GINIX_2007 »

I think someone mentioned this before, car performance changes every now and then!!! What i mean is your car performs well this race and the next race it will be all crappy! This is really annoying! BTW tunning is a complete waste of time!
Isaac_Mcfailpants
Stock
Stock

Post by Isaac_Mcfailpants »

Check out My Vid in the "Driving skills" section, (sould have been crash'n bash I know but its pretty lol)

Honestly, this game is starting to become a joke :( But I honestly try to lyke It.....
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Wow, that sucks.I wonder what response you'll get from EA about it.
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

Atominist wrote:Arghhh, just found the most annoying bug EVER! During a replay I went too take a pic when I tried to connect to EA Nation my internet connect died (my ISP fault not EA). When I pressed escape to quit EA Nation it went back to the replay but there were no icons, I pressed 2 to show them, nothing, I pressed escape to quit the replay, nothing. Nothing worked, so I had to ctrl alt del out of the game loosing all the points I had scored.

I then punched a hole in my chair. You have been warned.
Something similar happened to me last night. I had just finished an Invitational Event and you know that when the race is over, the game shows your car stopped in the track with all those shiny menus popping up, saying how much stars you got and points, etc.

Well in my case nothing appeared, the car was there, stopped in the middle of the track and that was it. I've waited 5 minutes and pressed almost all keys on my keyboard and the wheel, with no result. I had to alt + tab to desktop and end the process. It pissed me off...
Atominist
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Atominist »

Hydro_PT wrote:Something similar happened to me last night. I had just finished an Invitational Event and you know that when the race is over, the game shows your car stopped in the track with all those shiny menus popping up, saying how much stars you got and points, etc.

Well in my case nothing appeared, the car was there, stopped in the middle of the track and that was it. I've waited 5 minutes and pressed almost all keys on my keyboard and the wheel, with no result. I had to alt + tab to desktop and end the process. It pissed me off...
Did you punch a hole in your chair? LOL.
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

No lol. My chair isn't that soft, I would probably hurt myself doing that. I prefer to punch the table, however I already found out that it isn't soft either, so when things like these happen, I just get off the chair, go drink a glass of water and come back. It works. :D

OR... if my cat is around, I weewee him off so he starts to fight. It hurts too though... he has sharp claws and he loves to bite. :mrgreen:
arabnight
Drift King
Drift King

Post by arabnight »

OR... if my cat is around, I weewee him off so he starts to fight. It hurts too though... he has sharp claws and he loves to bite. :mrgreen:[/quote]
nicely done..

but i also heard from one of my buddies a crazy glitch. They are playing a 360 version of the game and it was trying to load up as a ps3 had all the ps3 info and what not trying to connect to playstaion online and ect...lol

Now thats what i call sad..
Summ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Summ »

No, the sad thing is that when the time comes to hold SMS responsible, they will have a WALL of 9.0/10 reviews to hide behind. They can put up a facade of 'hard evidence' and claim evrything else is bs, if they so please. Their 'resume', so to speak, will state all the good reviews, rather than the experiences the users are posting. Whether they paid off the reviewers or not is another question.
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

I actually agree with the reviews, despite the customisation annoyances, because it's about the game play which is quite interesting and rewarding. Online races even have benefits. In terms of glitches and performance, maybe some of the reviewers had optimum set-ups. This stuff doesn't happen to my copy, on PC... It's just a case of poor testing and maybe some faults that weren't picked up on lower spec PCs or consoles..
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

Keep in mind that the reviewers reviewed the console copies of the game. And there's hardly any bugs in there ,I've been playing the game all weekend (PS3) and I only encountered one bug and that was the car battle where I won instantly by a 5sec margin at the start of the final round.
As for the review scores, I'd agree with the overall average of 85%. There are a few drawbacks like the customization and annoying AI, but the core gameplay is well done and that matters more than rest.
Summ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Summ »

I agree. The core gameplay is solid, but the fact remains that this game is as bugged as few others. There are plenty of bugs in the ps3 and xbox versions as well. You have testimony of that in this very thread.
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

What's annoying about the AI?

Ohh, I guess it's challenging and they can tend to crash into you.
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

Too many of them, especially on narrow tracks like Ebisu and Autopolis. You always start in the back. They drive aggressively and hit you often. In timetrials there's too many of them on the track and too close together. In series even if you win the first race you still start in the back on all the next.

Return to “SHIFT”