ProStreet Preview: Customization (Part 4)

Need for Speed ProStreet News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

ProStreet Preview: Customization (Part 4)

Post by Bojan »

The final article from the Need for Speed ProStreet preview series is now up.
The game has its flaws and it has it's advantages but overall I think it is a big improvement over the previous series. Sure it's not perfect (can't remember any NFS game that was perfect), but the good features definitely outweigh the bad ones especially because the main point of the game - the racing - is actually done superbly and is almost without flaws (I did notice some fps drops in the dev version, but I'm sure they will fix that with the full version). The driving really rocks and that counts the most in a Need for Speed game.
Read it here.
Kimba
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Re: ProStreet Preview: Customization (Part 4)

Post by Kimba »

Well thats pretty cool, but I have one question. Will the size of exhaust pipe affect to the performance??
ccrst92
Ricer
Ricer

Post by ccrst92 »

Bojan wrote:can't remember any NFS game that was perfect
So true...

And Kimba, it should have an effect if the game wants to be a simulator, but it shouldn't be a huge effect. You would get 1 or 2 BHP more at most and maybe a little top speed if the pipes are at the back, so it doesn't really matter.
SchuMito
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by SchuMito »

there's the bad news. All of us used the shapes to create vinyls on the cars in carbon. We will have to tie up to the ones EA gives us... which sometime su*k big time. Can't you create a very good game?! I am not the person who generally criticises EA because IMO they are the best game developers around, but sometime they make me turn out angry!
shengfeng
Ricer
Ricer

Post by shengfeng »

Another great article. I still pretty wished that the amount of layers was even greater, and put back the shapes and letters vinyls, they can create wonders.
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

ccrst92 wrote:You would get 1 or 2 BHP more at most and maybe a little top speed if the pipes are at the back, so it doesn't really matter.
and that's not tied up to the wall, you get that power raise, only if it's a full exhaust circuit, from the engine gallery to the back of the car.
elie8
Drift King
Drift King

Post by elie8 »

will the size of the bumper or the rims size affect the performance of the car ???????? :?:
What Comes Around, Goes Around ...
RVD
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RVD »

sounds cool to have parts that affect racing performance.
And about the amount of layers: i NEVER did more then 4 layers onto it, so i don't bother the ''low'' amount of layers.... :roll:
Who found out you can get milk from a cow, and what the hell was he doing at the moment?
TS-X
Drift King
Drift King

Post by TS-X »

nmrm... so game is once again worse than they showed us in all those hyped up videos.... And what i said half year ago?
Kimba
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Kimba »

TS-X wrote: And what i said half year ago?
What did you say :?:
ChZ^^
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by ChZ^^ »

shengfeng wrote:Another great article. I still pretty wished that the amount of layers was even greater, and put back the shapes and letters vinyls, they can create wonders.
Cant agree more with you, but if they made some really good vinyls in this game maybe the vinyl limit dosent matter so much?
Death Must Be Easy Because Life Is Hard?
peterfaj
Drift King
Drift King

Post by peterfaj »

shengfeng wrote:Another great article. I still pretty wished that the amount of layers was even greater, and put back the shapes and letters vinyls, they can create wonders.
Yeah, EA always misses something out...
They probably just want to make people buy the new need for speed because it has what previous nfs's missed. They must not create perfect games, so they can create "better" (more like different, graphics is always better) games in the future.
That sucks!
Mr. NOS
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Mr. NOS »

(I did notice some fps drops in the dev version, but I'm sure they will fix that with the full version)
I hope they make suport for laptop users, coz the demo doesn't have and I can't play it :(
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

Hmm good thing they have photo mode.. thats all i care about, i don't use vinyls at all no more so it's all good for me.
TS-X
Drift King
Drift King

Post by TS-X »

Kimba wrote:
TS-X wrote: And what i said half year ago?
What did you say :?:
I said that its just another over hyped on game
Cipher
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Cipher »

what disapointed me was when they took out the ability to "tape" the bumpers back into place.From there on i knew they would take out all of the things they initially said in the begining.They made the game seem so real.The vinyls limit is 30?the cars they use as pictures seem to have 100's of layers.see how they decieve us?its amazing
DRFT
Stock
Stock

Post by DRFT »

One Question

In the customizing vid at ign it shows you can change the seats and colors of them too?
Will I actually be able to do that or not?
Lancer_kid
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Lancer_kid »

So all cars are unlocked in the customization at the front end too????? :?:
please be yes [-o< [-o<
Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser.
Vince Lombardi
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

look at the M3, it has great vinyls on it, same as the yellow Skyline, the 1st RX7 looked good too.
shengfeng
Ricer
Ricer

Post by shengfeng »

Cipher wrote:what disapointed me was when they took out the ability to "tape" the bumpers back into place.From there on i knew they would take out all of the things they initially said in the begining.They made the game seem so real.The vinyls limit is 30?the cars they use as pictures seem to have 100's of layers.see how they decieve us?its amazing
danyutz wrote:look at the M3, it has great vinyls on it, same as the yellow Skyline, the 1st RX7 looked good too.
Yeah, great vinyls of what seems like over 100 layers. I'm starting to think its just 1 full body vinyl.
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

only 3 bodykits? that is a huge letdown.
TS-X
Drift King
Drift King

Post by TS-X »

3 bodykits.... Juiced 1 had 3!!! but those were licensed real life kits! So... NFS goes down with this
peterfaj
Drift King
Drift King

Post by peterfaj »

Damn, why can no NFS be perfect. This one was a new hope, but the customization sucks (that's why it's not in the demo). Though I noticed it will be possible to put vinyls over carbon and windows (which is not necessarily good, if you have a big vinyl all over the car's body, it will be impossible to see through the windows (maybe that's why there's no in-car view or maybe BMW M3 is the only car with vinyls over window). Only good is driving (that's why it's the only thing in demo) and they even firetrucked that up, in different speed challenge modes there is difference in control sensitivity? That sucks! Hope it's just a bug and they'll fix it, it just makes no sense.

Bravo EA =D>

Though I'll still buy the game, at least the modes from demo are great.
And with speed challenge being crash-a-lot, I hope it'll be the first on all racedays, so you can safely restart. [-o<
GroundZero
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by GroundZero »

@ the guys who complain about vinyl limit: Remember that it is an "mirror vinyls" option, so that most probably you can make 30 layers on ONE SIDE pluss the hood and stuff, though... I only used 20 layers on cars which bunch of decals, and only on one side x)
peterfaj
Drift King
Drift King

Post by peterfaj »

I never really used more than 10 layers.

Return to “News”