Carbon Leaderboards

Need for Speed Carbon News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
Surfi
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Surfi »

Very funny tyrant but I´m not so stupid.

Thanks MrPalmont!! :wink:
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Shadow the hedgehog wrote:I hate to say it but we have Cheaters among us!!!!! Them Speed trap speeds Are physically impossible to reach! 1900MPH!!! on ****ING STONEWALL TUNNEL!!!! NOW THATS A LOAD OF shiznit!! to prove it i even done stonewall tunnel with a Le mans quattro & infinite NOS & could get no where near them speeds at the end of the race! I suggest we not do leader boards till we find a way to filter out the cheaters!!
Try downloading those shadows and see how it was done. He reverses way back before each trap, fills up the NOS and guns it. Not cheating, but it's a helluva noobish way to hit the top of the charts.
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by 93360 »

atm the "newest shadows" section on the main page only shows the newest "circuit" shadows and none of the other race types... just pointing that out =P
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

93360 wrote:atm the "newest shadows" section on the main page only shows the newest "circuit" shadows and none of the other race types... just pointing that out =P
Thanks for reporting. Fixed now.
Abrams
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Abrams »

I got question actually, how much laps i need to choose? 1 or 2? Since i see some times there with 1 lap and some with 2 laps?
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by 93360 »

argh me not like city sprints much... cant turn off traffic, its default to low the mofos :-s :| #-o ](*,)
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Abrams you need to choose Ranked mode in order to record a shadow. In that mode, the game sets the number of laps and they can't be changed.

93360: Yeah :\ Get friendly with the Restart key sequence. :lol:
vele
Ricer
Ricer

to GT3x24x7

Post by vele »

I downloaded your shadow of Silk Road and you cheated for sure. I were looking you at the begining of the race how you did crash into a wall and keep going as twice faster then me on nitrous with the same car, please explain me! Cause if the cheating is allowed I would never upload a shadow in my life :x :x :?: :?:
DYRR
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by DYRR »

I would like only to do a suggestion for the leaderboard. i noticed that leaderboard allow multiple entry of the same player on the same race.
I think that it would be very nice if the leaderboard update the player time keeping only one entry for that player.
I know that it would be anew work for who develop the script so consider it only a suggestion.
sorry for my bad english and i hope to have explained what i mean.
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Vele: I read your post and you're a noob for sure. I do not cheat.

DYRR: Yes I agree, to a point. I think it would be best if the leaderboard system kept your best time *for each car* at each track. That way, people can see who's doing well with all kinds of cars. This would open up the entire car list again, unlike EA's online system, where you pretty much need to use the Audi or Corvette to get anywhere.
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Re: to GT3x24x7

Post by prince1142003 »

vele wrote:I downloaded your shadow of Silk Road and you cheated for sure. I were looking you at the begining of the race how you did crash into a wall and keep going as twice faster then me on nitrous with the same car, please explain me! Cause if the cheating is allowed I would never upload a shadow in my life :x :x :?: :?:
Dude, GT3 is skilled.
vele
Ricer
Ricer

Post by vele »

I understand that you two are friends but It would be nice that you are stop talking lies GT3 and to prince I have respect to skills but read my post again it isn't any skill to hit the wall and still be as twice faster then me in perfect line on nitrous with the same car I think that has a name-CHEAT and to everybody just download the damn shadow and you will see what I am talking about!
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by 93360 »

vele: did you ever sum up as to what you were doing wrong to allow yourself to fall behind so quickly? perhaps you were in the wrong gear? perhaps you didnt get a perfect start? you're not using nos correctly? all of those reasons?

i dont see any problems with GT's silk road shadow, in fact i can easily out accelerate it by keeping the revs high with nos in the correct gear. keep in mind you are versing shadows of actual people with skills, not computer ai like in quick race mode so dont expect any of the times to be a walk over.

as for your n00bish comments i think most of us have had more than enough of it from playing online, so my advice to you is to keep them to yourself and go get some skills. seriously. PEBKAC.

edit: and learn to STFU
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

I have noticed that shadows can get quirky when the creator used speedbreaker. I have an Audi R8 shadow where I used speedbreaker before entering a turn. When playing against the shadow, it hit the wall, bounced off, and continued going unphased.

GT3 doesn't cheat, he doesn't have to. I'll take a look at the shadow file later when I finish putting back my desktop.
vele
Ricer
Ricer

Post by vele »

This is my last post on this I won't fight with nobody just one thing I am not noob I played NFS Series ever since I saw first their game I am 22 years old and I am not retard or something I know when and where to push the button for NOS all I am telling is that hitting the walls is not any skill you better learn that 93360!!!
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by 93360 »

O RLY? then why you having a cry? why dont you just watch your own shadows and count how many times you hit the wall? i think thats self explanatory. and if you're going to question my ability on avoiding walls, i think you better hop over to the sprint section and watch a few of my canyon shadows, hopefully you'll get the idea. maybe even learn how to drive properly! shock! horror!
vele
Ricer
Ricer

Post by vele »

O.K. here is something for you GUY with the skill explain me this picture and what skills are this :)))))))
Attachments
What move is this explain the position of his car!  Is he parked or what??? And after this and hitting the wall he is still faster.
What move is this explain the position of his car! Is he parked or what??? And after this and hitting the wall he is still faster.
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by 93360 »

if you record a shadow of yourself and then watch it afterwards, i think you wil be asking yourself if you really do drive all jerky like the shadow. the answer is most probably not and this is because the shadow itself is not perfect, i have seen a few shadows with cars on their roofs and even one of my own where im driving on my side. as for the screenshot:
prince1142003 wrote:I have noticed that shadows can get quirky when the creator used speedbreaker. I have an Audi R8 shadow where I used speedbreaker before entering a turn. When playing against the shadow, it hit the wall, bounced off, and continued going unphased. GT3 doesn't cheat, he doesn't have to.
if anything thats pretty skillful to be parking it into the wall and still be faster than you! JOKES relax =P
DYRR
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by DYRR »

Shadow System has sometimes errors. After Recording a shadow and playing against it for example i noticed that shadow disappears durnig wallslide and reappears at the end of it.

For GT3x24x7: I forgot to consider the possibility of using different car . i think that as u said having best times for each player car would help to chose also best car for each track.
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Yep I agree. Once we have a decent amount of shadows uploaded, I expect we'll shift to that mode where only your fastest runs with each car are shown.

As for the rest of the discussion, the problem is obviously due to quirks in the game's shadow recording/display system. You'll often see other player's cars doing exactly the same things online and it's due to nothing more than lag. Man I'm so sick of defending my goddamn innocence. On the one hand people are climbing over each other to decry the game, how many bugs and inconsistencies it has, even so far as to threatening EA with bloody legal action, yet as soon as there's a shadow of doubt (pun intended), all those things go out the window and suddenly the game engine is perfect and the driver is cheating. WTF?

I have NEVER cheated. Ever. I have never downloaded a trainer. I have never opened my savegame in an editor. I have never seen an 'unlockable' car in my game. I have no idea how to get 'infinite NOS'. The only cheat code I ever entered is the one to open up the Mazda dealership and unlock the custom RX-8 (which, of course, was a complete waste of time). Did you bother to consider any other possibilities before deciding I was guilty vele? No, you didn't, and that was rather irresponsible and childish.

I hate cheats. Heck I even hate moderating the bloody Editing section of this forum. I firmly believe in the old adage 'Cheats only cheat themselves'. I mean honestly, what would be the point in me cheating? Every time or score I made would be tainted. I could never truly measure my skill against other decent drivers. The whole game, my whole presence in the game would be a sham. Not to mention the discredit and shame that such an act would bring to my not inconsiderable reputation in the Need For Speed community.

You get no respect from me for your conclusion jumping, vele. Perhaps, rather than wading in with accusations, if you'd sat back and considered the situation for more than a few seconds, you might have been a little more diplomatic, or hey, even thought of more than one possible reason for the strangeness in the shadow.

But you're a manly 22 years of age. You know best, right? Heck I knew everything at 22 as well. Now I know a lot more, but I'm not so damn sure of being right every time. And I sure as hell don't go shooting my mouth off before I know all the facts.
Shadow the hedgehog
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Shadow the hedgehog »

GT3x24x7 wrote:
Shadow the hedgehog wrote:I hate to say it but we have Cheaters among us!!!!! Them Speed trap speeds Are physically impossible to reach! 1900MPH!!! on ****ING STONEWALL TUNNEL!!!! NOW THATS A LOAD OF shiznit!! to prove it i even done stonewall tunnel with a Le mans quattro & infinite NOS & could get no where near them speeds at the end of the race! I suggest we not do leader boards till we find a way to filter out the cheaters!!
Try downloading those shadows and see how it was done. He reverses way back before each trap, fills up the NOS and guns it. Not cheating, but it's a helluva noobish way to hit the top of the charts.
still feels a bit iffy if you ask me though.
DYRR
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by DYRR »

GT3x24x7 wrote:Yep I agree. Once we have a decent amount of shadows uploaded, I expect we'll shift to that mode where only your fastest runs with each car are shown.

As for the rest of the discussion, the problem is obviously due to quirks in the game's shadow recording/display system. You'll often see other player's cars doing exactly the same things online and it's due to nothing more than lag. Man I'm so sick of defending my goddamn innocence. On the one hand people are climbing over each other to decry the game, how many bugs and inconsistencies it has, even so far as to threatening EA with bloody legal action, yet as soon as there's a shadow of doubt (pun intended), all those things go out the window and suddenly the game engine is perfect and the driver is cheating. WTF?

I have NEVER cheated. Ever. I have never downloaded a trainer. I have never opened my savegame in an editor. I have never seen an 'unlockable' car in my game. I have no idea how to get 'infinite NOS'. The only cheat code I ever entered is the one to open up the Mazda dealership and unlock the custom RX-8 (which, of course, was a complete waste of time). Did you bother to consider any other possibilities before deciding I was guilty vele? No, you didn't, and that was rather irresponsible and childish.

I hate cheats. Heck I even hate moderating the bloody Editing section of this forum. I firmly believe in the old adage 'Cheats only cheat themselves'. I mean honestly, what would be the point in me cheating? Every time or score I made would be tainted. I could never truly measure my skill against other decent drivers. The whole game, my whole presence in the game would be a sham. Not to mention the discredit and shame that such an act would bring to my not inconsiderable reputation in the Need For Speed community.

You get no respect from me for your conclusion jumping, vele. Perhaps, rather than wading in with accusations, if you'd sat back and considered the situation for more than a few seconds, you might have been a little more diplomatic, or hey, even thought of more than one possible reason for the strangeness in the shadow.

But you're a manly 22 years of age. You know best, right? Heck I knew everything at 22 as well. Now I know a lot more, but I'm not so damn sure of being right every time. And I sure as hell don't go shooting my mouth off before I know all the facts.
For GT3x24x7: I know how u must feel. it had happened lot of times also to me or my teammates to be accused of "impossible" times and to have to prove them with videos only to show that we done them legit.

I think that there isn't anything more frustrating than train hard to get good legit results and to have a good reputation and then being accused of cheating, so u have all my support GT3x24x7.

For Vele: Some player here have spend a lot of time to build a reputation not only of GOOD players but of HONEST player (which for me if more important) and nothing could be more upsetting or frustrating for them of being accused of cheating after all their works.
U see that strange position in the shadow, before jumping to conclusion and shout CHEAT CHEAT, u could ask politely: "i see a thing that for me is strange in this shadow, could someone explain me why?"
Lot of us as said in previous post have said that shadow system is far from being perfect.
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

GT3x24x7 wrote:But you're a manly 22 years of age. You know best, right? Heck I knew everything at 22 as well. Now I know a lot more, but I'm not so damn sure of being right every time. And I sure as hell don't go shooting my mouth off before I know all the facts.
Somehow I have a feeling this has a lot to do with me and the conversations I have with GT... :oops:
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by 93360 »

fact is not everyone is perfect and neither is everyone equally educated in a way to have a wider perspective on situations and these people often handle the problem by taking what seems to be the simplest route to express how they feel about it which more than often results in conflicting views. in this case it was an accusation of cheating upon innocent players which although from personal experience is rather annoying it is actually quite trivial so from that point of view i think an apology is still not too late and then hopefully we can move on. you know who you are.
evilmegamonkey
Professional
Professional
Location: If this post is recent, probably in front of a computer/I heard this thing will cut you off from typ

Post by evilmegamonkey »

Is there ANY possible way PS2 users could be on the leaderboards?

If mod wants to talk about some ways plz PM me

Return to “News”