TalkXBOX Q&A with Larry LaPierre

Need for Speed Carbon News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

TalkXBOX Q&A with Larry LaPierre

Post by Skyline_man »

TalkXBOX posted some Q&A with Larry Lapierre the senior producer of NFSMW about where the series is heading from here and about the developer's thoughts on the title and much more...

Some interesting quotes:
Based on feedback garnered since the game’s release, and the thoughts of team members, what are some of the major enhancements and features we should look for in the next Need for Speed game?

LP - You can count on a couple things. There will be some brand new cool ways to play and anything you thought was good or fun will be better.
One of the most often complained about features in EA published and developed games is the EA Trax system. What are your thoughts on it? Does having licensed tracks save development time, or limit musical creativity?

LP - Music is one of the most personal passionate subjects for people next to religion. You can never please everyone. This year we went with a specific purpose of wanting to support the style and tone of the game and hence why the soundtrack was a little harder and edgy. This year we did a combination of licensed tracks and original composed score. Personally I think the scored music has the most impact. It maps to the emotions of the action more effectively and adds value to the experience better than licensed music usually does.
Will there be downloadable content for Most Wanted? If so, when should we expect that to come out?

LP – We are looking into the possibility of DLC for a future release.
Read the whole interview here.

Thanks to 2furio for the heads up.
Sweet-16
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Sweet-16 »

i like the sound of downloadable content!
Tunerfreak
Professional
Professional

Post by Tunerfreak »

Seconded, id like a game like racer on a higher level :)
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

The download stuff sounds nice, but I count on it that it will only be XBOX360 material...

got the weird feeling it won't come to the PC.
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

TheStig wrote:The download stuff sounds nice, but I count on it that it will only be XBOX360 material...

Same here. In fact, rather than making "Downloadable Content", jsut allow users to crack the game.. :P
korge
YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by YaelDjiel »

TheStig wrote:The download stuff sounds nice, but I count on it that it will only be XBOX360 material...

you better be kidding me about this

if it wont be for pc, i will personally visit the EA NFS building thingy and blow it up :evil: :evil: :twisted:
Sweet-16
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Sweet-16 »

yeah, that would tick me off to see the XBOX360 get the content and not the PC. i doubt EA will put up downloadable content. they have lied many times. just like they said a ton of cars would be in MW and then we find out there's only 32..i think it would be hard to trust EA.

still the thought of it is nice though :D

Return to “News”