Official car list

Need for Speed Underground 2 News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

They put POPULAR cars in the game.

SRT-4's aren't popular in the tuning scene.
Suspect561
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Suspect561 »

Not a popular car in the tuning scene? Not trying to sound mean or anything but they are pretty big esp. over in the states. Check out the http://www.srtforums.com and just look at what they do. Here is a video of a 2003 when it first came out just for example.

http://staff.tcu.edu/jaltschul/SRT-4vsWRX_vs_Talon.WMV
Suspect561
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Suspect561 »

also to mention, is a H2 Hummer popular in the tuning scene? Im not trying to start anything just disapointed.
UrQuattro
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by UrQuattro »

I heard that SUVs are not gonna be raced against cars, and are there just for some SUV type racing. They are all about bling bling, and are not to be considered an opposition to any type of car - probably in game, a stock sentra will beat fully tuned H2 (or Escalade, i prefer Escalade, thank u very much, lmao).
AcId FoX
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by AcId FoX »

jacoja06 wrote:Like - what is the point of putting a carolla in the game, when you know hardly anyone is going to use it. They've got enough japanese cars in the game already. :?
The Toyota Corolla Is a legend in Japan...

BTW I'll use it in online mode so that u can see that someone likes the car list... :D (If it is in my version... ;))
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

Suspect561 wrote:Not a popular car in the tuning scene? Not trying to sound mean or anything but they are pretty big esp. over in the states. Check out the http://www.srtforums.com and just look at what they do. Here is a video of a 2003 when it first came out just for example.

http://staff.tcu.edu/jaltschul/SRT-4vsWRX_vs_Talon.WMV
Well, and then?

You just picked out a forum FOCUSED on ONE car. You can expect to see many SRT-4's..

Tell me, how many SRT-4's do you see on the streets, next to the DAMNED SO POPULAR Civic?
Suspect561
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Suspect561 »

Well, and then?

You just picked out a forum FOCUSED on ONE car. You can expect to see many SRT-4's..

Tell me, how many SRT-4's do you see on the streets, next to the DAMNED SO POPULAR Civic?
- Well, what kind of forum/site do you want me to give you to tell you about the SRT-4 because its aparent that you don't know what it is. That site is for anyone who owns a SRT, if you look to see where each person lives then you can get the perspective of how many SRTs are out on the streets. Every year the number of people who owns one grows.

- All the time, since I drive one. But seriously, you can't compare the SRT to a Honda Civic. There are about the same number of SRTs out on the street, to every Evo VIII or STi that you see on the street. They have those cars in the game, why not this one? Yes, there are a great number of civics out on the street, but even my grandma has a civic with a wing and APC stickers over it, thus doesnt mean that every Honda that has a muffler and stickers is a tuner. Also to the fact that this car was only in production since 2003 (2 years ago), so its not going to have the same impact that you will see on the street as the Civic. This still doesn't mean that the Civic is more tuner than the SRT-4. The only Honda that is better than the SRT is the NSX by performance numbers not ownership numbers.

The only reason I bring this up cause your answer, (SRTs not being popular in the tuner scene), to why there is no SRT-4's is in the game is just wrong. Since there are two versions of the game, especially one being an American version you think they would research more than what is featured on Fast and the Furious for America and actually look at what people are racing.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

I can name a couple of cars that should have been in the game!

I personally am a big fan of toyota's and wanted the MR2 and some other cars from difirent brands like a 300ZX (wich IMO is a big miss)

and yeah they should have put the SRT-4 in the game... with loads of other cars...

btw a site with SRT owners isn't much proof that there are many of them....would be weird to see other cars there would it??

and claiming only the NSX can beat it stock wise is a far fatched idea IMO
Suspect561
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Suspect561 »

- I understand what your saying about the website I gave as an example. I was just trying to give a place to where you could see how many people own SRT-4s. It wasnt given to compare who owns a SRT to every other car on the street.

- I totally agree with you, TheStig, that there are a lot of cars that should be on there and many that should be taken off. But thats why they make the game and we dont. The MR2 is a real nice car along with the 300ZX.

- I think its funny in a way that in one of their trailers they put the speedo of an SRT vehicle in it, but dont have that car in the game. Oh well.

- Just want to thank you guys that debated your thoughts/opinions with me and didnt take what I said to heart. Looks like I will just have to wait to play Gran Turismo 4 in order to get a game with the SRT.

- Also, I still believe that, stock vs. stock, the SRT (performance wise) is greater than most Hondas. Hondas I have in mind are:
SRT-4 > Civic, Civic Si, CRX, hatchback, S2000, Integra-R, RSX-S
* note - these are just my opinions and only reasoning is races i've seen. I do understand driver ability has a lot to do with it. The NSX is just an incredible car.

Thanks guys, it was fun.
Daemos
Stock
Stock

Post by Daemos »

atleast they have the sentra ser spec v :)

Yey my car is represented...although everyone seems to rag on it :(

Just letting EVERYONE know I chose it over a Celica GTS, an RSX-S, and a mazdaspeed protege...

But now that I think about it, if I wasn't so tandem on getting a *new* car (since I DO own 100% of it) I would of purchased a S14 240SX before they becamse inflated in price because of the ricers and the wannabe drifters...
devidjoli
Stock
Stock

Re: Official car list

Post by devidjoli »

-McLaren MP4-12C SpeedHunters
- Mercedes-Benz 190E 2.5-16 Evolution 2 SpeedHunters
- Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG SpeedHunters
- Mitsubishi Lancer EVOLUTION IX MR-edition SpeedHunters
- Nissan Fairlady 240ZG (S30) SpeedHunters
- Nissan Skyline 2000GT-R (C10) SpeedHunters
- Nissan Skyline GT-R (R32) SpeedHunters